Hailey's Vacation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
NymphWriter
NymphWriter
764 Followers

Hailey started to storm off when she heard Elle say, "Rick was right about you."

Hailey paused. "What do you mean?"

"He said you were a firecracker," she said smiling. "He also told me if I tried to scare you off I'd find out just what a powerhouse you really were."

Hailey stood stunned. "So this was some sort of test?"

"Forgive me Hailey. It's just, you're the first woman Rick's introduced to us since Sally, if you don't count the occasional social date we'd encounter him on. It's driven our parents nuts that he refused to move on after the divorce and I won't lie, I was pissed at Sally for breaking my brother's heart. But I know now he's got his share of blame in that. I know it sounds like I was being a bitch, but I was really looking out for his best interest."

Hailey sighed. "I guess I can't blame you. Tim did ask Rick what his intentions were with me."

Elle giggled. "Really?"

"Yeah. He even told Rick if he broke my heart he'd kick his ass."

Elle laughed. "He didn't."

"He did. Even reminded us to practice safe sex so I wouldn't get pregnant."

Elle was now laughing hysterically. "How did you react?"

"Shocked. Embarrassed. Impressed. The best part was that Rick didn't go running for the hills."

"And why would he? Even a blind man can see how much he loves you and how much you love him."

Hailey blushed. "What do you mean?"

"Please. Rick brings you two to New York to meet us all and you didn't hesitate to come. And tomorrow I'm hoping to steal you away for a while for some serious retail therapy and girl talk. I'd love to get to know you better."

"Rick did say you knew how to shop."

"Honey, I've got a PhD in shopping."

Hailey, Judy, and Elle spent the entire Saturday shopping in stores Hailey had only seen in movies or television shows and despite her protests, Elle bought her an entire new wardrobe. The following weekend Rick flew out to California with Judy to meet Hailey's parents. Instead of the fancy dinner like they had at Rick's place, her dad barbequed steaks and corn on the cob while he talked with Rick. Hailey's mom kept her occupied while the men talked.

"Leave them alone Hailey," said her mom.

"What?" she asked, her voice rising a few octaves.

"Your father is trying to get to know him. Let's face it, after Alan, your father never thought you'd ever bring a man home again. Aside from Tim that is."

Tim stepped into the kitchen and said, "Grandma. Grandpa said he needs a platter for the steaks and a bowl for the corn."

"Coming right up," she said.

Hailey stepped over to Tim and whispered, "How's Rick doing?"

"Fine," chuckled Tim. "Grandpa's talking business with him. Don't worry Mom, I don't think he's scared him off yet."

Hailey rolled her eyes. "I can't believe you're my child."

"Here Tim, you'd better get back out there before your mother grills you like the steaks."

"Yes Grandma."

Tim took the bowl and plate outside as Hailey's mom stepped up and said, "He's a wonderful young man Hailey. And Judy is a darling child. It's nice to see you so happy again."

"Thanks Mom."

The dinner went better than Hailey had hoped and her parents adored Rick and Judy. Now she was sitting at the head table with Rick by her side, as a newly married woman. She stared at the platinum and diamond ring set she now wore. "Hey," said Rick, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Penny for your thoughts."

Hailey looked up. "I knew it. Now that we're married you're getting cheap on me."

Rick smiled. "What's tying up that beautiful mind of yours?"

"I was just reflecting on how much my life has changed in the last year."

"It has been pretty amazing, hasn't it?"

"Yeah. Thank you Rick."

"For what baby?"

"For making all my dreams come true."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Well, I'll admit I thought my husband was going to be Prince Charming, but you're way better as he was a fictional character and you're the real thing."

Rick smiled and took her hand in his. "Hailey, don't you realize you made all my dreams come true too. You're every super model I've ever dreamed of wrapped up in the perfect woman."

Hailey leaned over and kissed him. "I'm not perfect Rick."

"You are to me, Hailey."

"Have I told you lately how much I love you?"

Rick took her left hand and ran his thumb over her ring. "Yes. You've told me, you've showed me, and trust me when I say, I never tire of hearing it."

With that, Rick took his new wife's face into his hands, kissed her lips gently, and reminded himself, this was as much his dream come true, as hers.

Hailey's Vacation

- 45 -

NymphWriter
NymphWriter
764 Followers
1...345678