Haunting Bob Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Bandit1
Bandit1
123 Followers

Beth laughed lightly, "Would you believe I learned it in a Bangkok whorehouse?"

She kicked high and straddled Bob's lap. "I just dance what I feel," she said as she kissed him long and deep.

Afterwards, Bob never could remember how he had gotten out of his clothing. He looked over to the side and saw his neighbor, Marge's husband staring through the window as Beth rode him up and down like a slow motion gallop. The neighbor's eyes were bulging and his mouth was wide open.

"Honey, reach over and see of you can find the cord that closes the drapes, we're about to give the neighbor a coronary.

Beth looked out the window and spotted Marge's hubby. She gave him an impish grin and waved her fingers at him. Then she reached over and tugged the curtains closed.

She bent her head and turned her attention back to Bob. "Come on lover." She said as she rotated her hips, "Put me on the floor and finish me right."

Bob wasted no time in complying with her wishes. Her diminished apparent weight making it a snap for him to stand up, then kneel, then lay her gently on the floor, all while staying connected.

Bob finished in a rush, driving Beth up and over the brink of her own climax just as he reached his own orgasm. Bob lay atop Beth for a moment to catch his breath, then he rolled over to lie beside her. Beth turned to him and snuggled close as they lay on the carpet.

"God I hope you were visible back there." Bob said.

"Why?" asked Beth.

"'Cause if you were invisible, then he saw me laying there with my hard-on screwing thin air. He'll think I'm a raving freak."

Beth dissolved in laughter. "Oh boy." She said, the she cracked up laughing again. Bob laughed with her.

Bob stood up and helped Beth to her feet. "We need a shower and food, in that order."

Beth snapped him a salute. "Yes sir!" Bob swatted her on the rump and chased her up to the bathroom.

When they went to bed that night, Beth snuggled close, relishing the feeling of safety. Bob held her tight, relishing the feeling of loving someone who truly loved him in return.

The next couple of weeks went fairly smoothly for Bob and Beth. His work was stimulating, and his home life was enjoyable, if a bit strange. And for her part, Beth was enjoying the sense of domesticity.

Bob contacted a professional researcher to dig into Beth's family and history, concentrating on Beth herself, and what had happened to her grave.

In the meantime, experiments were continuing, exploring what Beth could and could not do. "You can food and drink as long as you are in direct contact with me." Bob remarked one evening. "And you can take objects with you into your ethereal state, as long as you get them while in contact with me, but you can't then get rid of them until you are in contact with me again."

Beth looked over at Bob, wondering where he was going with all this. "Since you can still pass through walls etc. while still holding my hand, I wonder of you can make me ethereal by willing me to pass through walls while you hold me."

Beth was reluctant to try. "But what if I can't bring you back and make you solid again?"

Beth asked. "I'll take that chance. It's one more step in understanding how to make you fully solid again."

At last, Beth gave in and agreed to the experiment. "Hold me tight." She told Bob. She took a deep breath and deliberately phased out as she stepped toward the kitchen wall.

Bob stepped in unison with her, walking behind her with his arms wrapped tightly around her chest. Beth concentrated on bringing Bob through with her. When she opened her eyes, she was on the other side of the wall, standing in the hallway. So was Bob.

Beth slumped in relief. Bob barely caught her before she collapsed entirely.

"We did it!" Bob exclaimed.

"So tired." Beth murmured.

Alarmed, Bob scooped Beth up and carried her up to the bedroom. He laid her on the bed and stretched out with her. Maintaining bodily contact. Beth was asleep before Bob even got all the way upstairs. And she slept deeply all night long. Fortunately, the next day was Bob's day off at work, so he could stay in bed with her until she woke up around noon.

"How do you feel?" Bob asked when Beth opened her eyes.

"I feel tired and shaky and sick to my stomach. But I'm a lot better than last night." Beth said weakly. "I really don't want to do that again."

"No worries on that score." Bob said. "I'm not going to risk you like that again."

Beth put her arms around Bob and drifted back to sleep. When she woke again, it was almost dark.

Bob was sleeping soundly next to her, with his arm draped protectively over her. When he felt her moving, he woke almost instantly. "Any better?" He asked.

"I feel great," she replied. "Thanks for staying with me all day."

"My duty and my pleasure my dear." Bob said in a mock British accent. Beth laughed and sat up.

"Time to drain the snake." Bob said as he got out of bed.

Bob went into the john. He had just finished when he heard a thump from the bedroom. He hurried to tuck himself back into his pants and ran back to the bedroom. Beth was sitting on the floor rubbing her nose.

"What happened?" Bob asked as he knelt beside her.

"I don't know," she said in a puzzled tone. "I went to walk through that wall as always and bumped my nose."

Bob helped Beth to her feet. "Try again, this time slowly."

Beth took a deep breath and stepped through the wall with no trouble. She stepped back into the room the same way. "I don't get it," she said.

"Neither do I," said Bob. But enough experimenting for a while."

Beth moved into his arms and rested her head on his shoulder. "Thank you." She said softly.

It was a week later that Bob and Beth finally heard from the researcher looking into Beth's family.

"I found several references to the Cook family in old newspaper archives and public records of the time. The only thing of any real note was the disappearance of Elizabeth Cook, age 21, on her 21st birthday in 1898."

Beth bounced in her seat excitedly. Bob and Beth were sitting at the kitchen table with the researcher. They had found that even sitting with their feet touching was enough to make her visible and audible to others. Thus they were sitting with her bare foot atop his. "And what happened to Elizabeth Cook's grave?" She asked.

The researcher shook his head. "No body."

"No body?" Bob asked. "Was she cremated or something?"

The researcher replied, "No, she vanished utterly. The newspaper accounts say they her mother and father were in a store purchasing some supplies. Elizabeth told them that she wanted to go down and look at the big paddle-wheel boats coming into the docks. She wandered down to the riverfront and was never seen again. She was presumed to have fallen into the river and drowned. The body was never recovered."

Beth's shoulders slumped. Bob reached over and stroked her shoulder comfortingly.

"There was one strange note though," Said the researcher. "One man reported seeing her walk into a 'door of glowing light' that vanished as soon as she entered, but little credence was given to the man's claim, as he was widely known to be a drunk and wastrel."

Bob leaned back in his chair thoughtfully. "Did the reports say just where the drunk saw the girl vanish through the doorway?"

The researcher checked his notes. "According to the statement that he gave the police and the reporter at the time, she was just a few feet to the left of the big passenger dock."

Bob leaned forward and put his arms on the table. "OK, Another job for you. Find an accurate map of Omaha at the time of the disappearance, and trace it onto a transparent sheet of plastic. Then get me the latest, most accurate map of Omaha, drawn to the exact same scale. Make sure that the passenger dock is clearly marked on the transparency."

"This is going to be expensive," said the researcher. "But it can be done."

Bob took out his checkbook. "Will $5,000 cover it?"

"That will be a good start. I will let you know if costs run over that amount. I will refund the rest if it turns out to be easier than estimated."

Bob wrote out the check and handed it to the researcher. "Call me as soon as you have the maps ready."

Bob took Beth's hand and they walked the researcher to the door. "I should have the maps in a few weeks." said the researcher. "I'll be in touch."

Bob turned to Beth once the researcher had driven off. "We are further along than before." "How so?" asked Beth.

"Once we know where the disappearance happened, we can go back to that spot and see if you can pass through the door again to come fully onto this side again."

"And if not?" Beth said tremulously.

"Then I'll try to pass through to come over to your side." Bob said simply. Beth just hugged him tight for a long time.

At work the next morning, Bob was sitting at his computer when Beth walked through the wall. "Hi honey, how are you doing?" Bob asked.

"I'm OK," Beth said. "I was bored at home and I missed you. So I came over to spend a little time with you."

Beth came over to the desk and gave Bob a kiss and a hug. "I'll just sit over here and watch." She said.

"It's mighty boring watching an old fart like me at work, but I'm glad you're here."

Beth sat down in a comfortable chair on a corner of the office where she could watch her Bob as he typed away. When he called his secretary Pam in to dictate a letter, Beth amused herself by willing her clothes to change to ever scantier outfits, sometimes fuzzing them out entirely.

Bob noticed the display, but ignored it manfully until he was done dictating and dismissed Pam.

Then he turned to Beth, "All right Miss Smartass," he growled. "And the fine for that little display is a kiss." Beth stood and trotted over to the desk to give him what they both wanted.

After a while, Beth decided to wander the plant and snoop around. She watched the various manufacturing operations going on. Then she went up to the research and development division.

Beth shamelessly eavesdropped on any conversations that she could hear, having long since lost any inhibitions about snooping into someone's affairs. Among the other interesting things she saw that day was a couple having sex in a supply closet, and a woman from the mail room enjoying a little solo action with a rather large vibrator.

But the payoff was in the main R&D lab. Beth hurried back to Bob's office. "I need a pad and a pencil." Beth asked breathlessly.

Bob didn't ask why, he just handed her a small pocket notebook and a mechanical pencil from his desk drawer. Beth gave him a quick but intense kiss and a hug and zipped back through the wall.

Bob just shook his head. As long as she was having fun... He turned back to his work.

Back in the R&D lab, Beth was unseen as usual as she copied down the information on the big board, and as much as she could see of the work and diagrams on various desks and tables. By the end of the workday, Beth had nearly filled the small notebook. She resolved to have Bob get her a bunch of these little notepads. They were so handy.

She was sitting in Bob's Caddy when he came out to go home. As they drove, she filled him in on the office gossip, affairs, and problems she had seen them trying to cope with on the manufacturing line.

Bob was amused, and kept her talking all the way home. "This is great Honey," Bob told her. It's nice to know the real pecking order around there. Beth was enormously pleased with herself. Once they were at home, she could hardly wait until supper to give him her big surprise.

As they sat down to eat, with her foot rubbing up and down his leg, Beth handed Bob the pencil and the notepad. "I don't know if any of this helps you, but it is what I saw up in the Research and Development laboratory."

Bob picked up the notebook and opened it, scanning the pages quickly. "Christ on a crutch!" Bob exclaimed. "Honey, We have to be careful about stuff like this. If they find out I have this at home, they'll fire me."

Beth dropped her eyes. "I was only trying to help." She said tearfully.

"No, No," Bob said, "I want you to help! In fact, I want you to keep doing what you did today. I'm just saying that we have to be careful not to get caught."

"So you aren't mad at me?" She sniffled.

"Oh no." Bob reassured her. "You did great. And this will be a huge help in my work."

Bob took her hand and pulled her around the table to sit in his lap. "Why don't we go upstairs and have a little celebration to commemorate our new teamwork."

Beth gasped as Bob's hand slipped up under her shirt to tickle a nipple. "Robert Johansen, you had better take me to bed right now. Or else."

"Or else what?" smirked Bob. He really should have known better.

Beth slipped off his lap and on to her knees. Bob looked down, bemused as Beth unzipped his trousers and lowered her head. Then Bob was too busy enjoying Beth's oral ministrations to be capable of rational thought. Bob looked down and watched as Beth took his cock deep into her mouth. What she lacked in experience, she more than made up for in enthusiasm. Bob put his hands on her head, caressing her hair as she took more and more of his erection into her mouth.

Her tongue worked along the sensitive underside of his shaft until he had to fight to keep from coming in her mouth. He knew that would not be the way to inaugurate her into the joys of oral sex. For her part, Beth had always wanted to try this. And she was enjoying herself thoroughly.

Finally Bob pulled out of her mouth and picked her up to lay her on her back on the table. Beth obligingly vanished her clothes as her lover lowered his head to the red furred thatch between her thighs.

She took a shuddering breath as his tongue flicked out to trace it's way up and down her pussy slit, parting her nether lips to dart inside, finding her clit, or other sensitive places that seemed to set fireworks going off throughout her whole body. Bob was relishing the taste and textures of what was the prettiest pussy he had ever seen. Beth's juices were flowing freely, and Bob lapped them up happily, slipping his tongue far up inside her to get more., feeling her pussy contract and her belly twitching as she came over and over.

It was quite some time before they managed to make it upstairs to the bedroom. And even longer before they were aware of anything but each other.

Beth wandered the halls and rooms of the Motorola plant, looking, listening and taking lots of notes. This was the pattern for the next week or so. Beth shared the results of her snooping with Bob every night. And the information she gave him allowed him to make useful and often very profitable suggestions to Ms, Vitelli.

"You are a real treasure." Bob told Beth one night after their lovemaking. "I don't know what I'd do without you, and I don't ever want to find out."

Beth rolled over and sat up astride his hips. "Do you still think I am a hallucination? Or that you're going crazy?"

Bob reached up to tweak a nipple, making her giggle and squirm. "Not anymore." He said. "If I'm nuts, then this has to be the most enjoyable delusion in history."

Finally, the researcher called to let Bob know that the maps were ready. Bob told him to bring them over. The researcher dropped the maps off the next evening.

When he had gone, Bob spread the modern map on the dining room table. "OK. When I lay the transparency on top of the modern map, we can see where the old dock used to be." Beth looked over his shoulder, her breasts pressing into his back as she waited to see what he would come up with.

"Right here, is about where we need to be." Said Bob, pointing at a spot on the map. Beth peered closely at the indicated spot. "At least it's on dry land. With the way the river channel shifts all the time, I was afraid that it would be in the middle of the river now. Or inside a building or something." Bob squinted at the writing on the modern map. "What the Hell is Carter Lake?"

It was another two months before they had a chance to take a few days off. By then, his advice and suggestions, (aided by the information supplied by Beth) had made him a valuable enough commodity that when he requested a week off, the plant management was more than happy to agree.

Bob drove to Omaha, not minding at all the long drive. Beth was excellent company, and they treated the trip like it was a honeymoon.

Once in Omaha, Bob consulted the map and found his way to the bank of the Missouri river. Beth was uncharacteristically quiet as they drove slowly along.

"There it is." Beth pointed at a place about 4 feet off the ground. "I remember it now." She was shaking like a leaf. "I'm scared." She said and started to cry.

Bob pulled over and shut off the car. He pulled Beth into his embrace and stroked her hair and back as she clung to him. "It's OK," Bob said. "We don't have to do this if you really don't want to."

"Beth sat up and wiped her eyes. "I have to though." She said. "This may be the only way for me to come back all the way."

Bob wrote something on a scrap of paper and tucked it into the pocket of her dress. "The last time that you went through, you evidently lost a day or so. This will give you a starting point to remember me by if you lose your way."

"Love me first." Beth pleaded. "Just in case."

Her clothing fuzzed and disappeared. Bob's clothes took a little longer. Fortunately, by this time it was full dark out, and they were undisturbed by people passing by for the next couple of hours. At last, Beth was dressed again, in the old dress that she had vanished in. She double-checked the scrap of paper with Bob's name and address. Then she kissed him hard and spun to walk through the door only she could see.

Bob watched her walk away from him, then there was a blaze of light, and she was gone. After an hour of waiting, Bob drove to the old Mormon cemetery. There, in a remote corner, Bob saw a familiar figure standing with her head bowed and her skirts blowing in the breeze.

Bob parked the car and got out. He walked up to within a few yards of the figure standing there. "Beth?" he called softly.

Her head snapped around. She ran to Bob and leaped into his arms, covering his face with kisses. "Thank God!" She cried. "I thought I had lost you when I found myself here again."

Bob squeezed her tightly enough that she squeaked in protest. "Oh, Beth, I was so worried." He paused. "Hey, you feel a lot heavier."

Beth laughed, "you're just tired from all that sex earlier."

Bob took her hand and led her to the car. Beth went to phase through the car door as usual, only to fall flat on her ass when she hit the metal of the door. She scrambled to her feet and tried again with the same result.

"I'm solid again!" she shouted with a joyful laugh. She grabbed Bob by the belt buckle and hauled him to her. "Here! Right now!" she said as she started undoing his pants. Bob took over as Beth reached under her skirts and hauled down her bloomers. Then made love there on the dewy grass next to the car.

When they were done, Bob struggled to his feet and pulled up his pants. Beth was still lying there on her back, happily exhausted. Bob helped her to her feet. He opened the car door for her and handed her inside. Beth sat there in thought for a moment. Then she concentrated hard, and her hand phased through the dashboard and into the glove box. She felt a pen inside the glove box and grasped it. It came with her hand as she pulled it back out. Bob was whistling as he drove, and Beth decided to wait until later to tell him that she could still phase out.

Bob pulled into a Golden Corral restaurant and opened the car door for Beth. "I bet you're ready for a good full meal." he said.

Beth laughed lightly and took his hand as she exited the Caddy. Beth was not touching Bob as they waited to be seated, but the waitress and everyone else saw her clearly. Several people even commented her on her authentic looking turn of the century dress.

Bandit1
Bandit1
123 Followers