One Man's Heart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
GatorRick
GatorRick
771 Followers

When I asked her if doing all of these chores interfered with her studies she assured me they definitely did not. She told me she enjoyed doing it and it was a just small way for her to repay me for all that I had done.

It was a year since Pamela moved back home when she completed all the necessary course work to graduate with her Bachelors in Business Administration. At first she didn't want to attend the Commencement Ceremony. I convinced her that she should go since she would graduate with honors and she should be recognized for her accomplishments. She decided to attend.

I went with her and witnessed her cross the stage and receive her degree. As a graduation present I paid off all her student loans.

When the ceremony was over I found someone to take a photograph of the two of us together. I told her how proud I was of her. She surprised me by hugging me and giving me a kiss on my lips. It wasn't just friendly little peck but a long lingering kiss. That photograph is framed and is hanging on the wall in the family room with a copy in my office.

A few days later, as we finished cleaning up from dinner, Pamela said to me, "Scott we need to talk."

She began by saying. "Do you remember the day Tracy died when she asked to speak with me in private? I've never shared with you what she said. She told me I had to take care of you and love you. Scott I have loved you when I first saw you that night when you removed the blindfold and gag and told me everything would be all right."

"Over the past year I've made your meals, did your laundry and cleaned the house. I have done everything a wife would do except for one thing. So I've decided to move out . . ."

"Pamela . . . ." I interrupted.

"Let me finish, please. I have decided to move out of my bedroom and into yours. Why don't you ask me to marry you so I can say YES."

It was that moment when I came to realize how very much she meant to me over the past years. I knew I loved her. So I asked and she did say YES. We were married a week later.

******************

Just then I heard my wife coming up the path towards me bringing my thoughts back to the present.

"Scott. Are you up here with the kids?"

"Yes, I'm here. The kids are playing down in the meadow. Sarge is keeping an eye on them."

When I saw her come into view she had six red roses in her hand. After placing one on each grave, including Gunner's, she came and sat in my lap telling me the stone bench was too cold for her to sit on. She wiggled around for a few seconds getting comfortable before speaking.

"It's so peaceful up here. I can see why you visit them every day. I know you miss them but you do have the memories of them in your heart."

"Yes, I do along with you and the kids, sweetheart." Before I could say anything else the kids rushed up with a bouquet of flowers that they had picked from the meadow.

"These are for you, mommy, they both exclaimed at the same time. Aren't they pretty?"

"Yes, they are very pretty. Thank you. It's getting late so we should head on home and I'll put them in a vase with water so that they will stay fresh."

As we made our way home I remarked to Pamela how full my heart was with my love for all of them.

She stopped, kissed me and whispered in my ear. "Scott, do you have room in your heart for one more? You're going to be a daddy . . . again."

Kissing her back all I could say was, "Sweetheart, I have a really big heart. There is always room for one more."

GatorRick
GatorRick
771 Followers