Blackmailed Bride Ch. 05

Story Info
Reception runs into some SNAFU's.
4.3k words
4.22
34.2k
18

Part 5 of the 22 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 12/13/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter Five is relatively innocuous as Literotica chapters go. I've decided to address each chapter individually in terms of which category it should go in rather than calling the entire thing non-consent/reluctance which is where the entire thing fits. Perhaps it would have been better to put it in the Novel/novelette category due to the intended length, but this is here and now and what's done is done. I'm thinking romance for the category of this chapter.

*****

Ch 5 - The Reception

Druid Hills Golf Club is where the reception was being held. Druid Hills main claims to fame were it held the Dogwood Invitational, a top ten amateur golf championship, frequent US Women's Open qualifying tournaments, President Warren G. Harding and his wife had lunch there, and one of the early golf pros died under mysterious circumstances and his death was never solved. It was a beautiful facility and we were fortunate to hold our reception there.

Our guests had a choice of three different items, Chicken Cordon Bleu, Blackened Grouper and Prime Rib. At the head table, in addition to Tanner and myself, were our parents, and Tiffany and Geoff. The remainder of the groomsmen and bridesmaids were at two wing tables.

It appeared Donna was getting along well with the person she'd been paired with and I could see she wouldn't go without company tonight. Yvonne seemed to like hers as well. Tiffany wasn't all that enamored with Geoff. I wasn't surprised. There had always been something off with Geoff, something oily or slimy about him I couldn't explain. I tolerated him for Tanner's sake, but I would never have chosen him for a friend. It was hard to see what Tanner saw in him, but they got along well. It turned out Taylor's partner was married. His wife hadn't come to the wedding. I was sure Taylor would never mess with a married guy, so she would be looking for a different partner tonight.

The first hour was spent in serving and eating the food. I was relaxing a little after the traumatic events of my wedding. I was frequently kissing Tanner and fairly often I would find my hand on his leg, stroking it and when I removed it, would lightly run my hand up to his crotch and feel the length of him and I'd feel him stir at my touch, and shiver slightly.

Eventually, it was time for the speeches. My Dad went first.

"Hello honored guests. We're so happy you could join us on this joyful occasion. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Brooke's father. Not the real one; unhappily he never entered the picture and never realized how much he missed by not being a part of Brooke's life. I've known Brooke now since she was three years old. I've seen how she's grown and matured as a woman, and I couldn't be prouder of what she's become. I do know Tanner is getting a gem of great value.

"I don't know Tanner all that well. I've met him only a few times due to the distance between our residences. He seems like a nice young man to me, but the absolute best and greatest thing to be said about him is how much Brooke loves him. She always had good taste in boyfriends, and seeing Tanner is the one who captured her heart, speaks volumes about his character and the high regard in which he should be held. Every father finds it hard to give up the care of his little girl to another man, but I believe I'm surrendering Brooke to a man who will look after her and care for her as I would.

"My fondest wish for the two of them is this: Your love for each other will so deepen and grow that as you look through all the years of your life and love together in the twilight of your years, you will look back on this day, your wedding day, as the day you loved each other the least. May God Bless your Union."

We all drank a sip of champagne. I put my hand on his arm and said, "Thank you, Daddy."

Geoff stood up, clapping his hands. "Well said. Very well said. A big round of applause for Mr. Grant, Brooke's father." Why did everything Geoff say sound insincere. I don't know why I didn't like him. "Hi there. My name is Geoff Crowley. I've known Tanner since he was a little kid. Our fathers were friends before us. For those of you who don't know Tanner, he had a bit of a reputation, and not necessarily the good kind. Tanner was like a sailboat, going wherever the wind took him. He left a lot of broken hearts in his wake. Then one day, he met Brooke and it was as if someone threw the anchor overboard and his sailing days were over. Other women no longer interested Tanner. He found his soulmate. That is not how it seemed to Brooke. Tanner's reputation had preceded him. Brooke did not want to be another of Tanner's conquests. She refused to go out with him the first seven times he asked."

I thought it was five or six, but maybe seven was right. I know I fought hard to refuse him. I grabbed Tanner's hand and held it.

"Tanner was not to be denied, however. He knew he'd found the woman of his dreams, so he persisted, confident he'd finally win her heart. And here we are today, enjoying the celebration of their union. I too have a word of advice for the happy couple. Now, I don't know how many of you know this, but Tanner works out religiously, laboring to keep himself in shape, including a lot of weight lifting so he looks good and feels good. But I say to Tanner that marriage is like weight lifting. You put in a lot of hard work to win the girl of your dreams, just as you did to get the body you have today, but if you don't exercise the same muscles you used to win the girl, they become flabby and start to go to pot, just like failing to work out. She expects you to stay on top of your game, to put in the work to keep her, like you put in the work to win her. You can't slack off just because you married her. Marriages fall apart by failing to exercise your love every day. Don't fail in your exercise routine, good buddy, or your marriage muscles will get flabby. Work them out every day." He lifted his glass. "Here's to rock hard muscles."

He gave a little thrust of his hips to insinuate what muscles he was expecting Tanner to exercise. It got a laugh. It was funny, I admit it. But he'd taken something that was sincere and honest and turned it into a fucking joke or a joke about fucking. Either way, it could have been nice but he added that extra piece of slime I always anticipated from Geoff.

After the noise died down, Tanner stood up and there was a lot clapping and with calls for "Speech, speech." Tanner settled them down with one hand. He still held my hand with his left.

"Ssshhh. Hold it down now. I have something to say, so please hold it down." He looked at me, staring into my brown eyes with his green ones. "I met the girl of my dreams when I met Brooke Grant. Apparently, she didn't feel the same to start. I had to work my ass off to get her to go out with me. It was a total shock to my system. Women practically fell into my arms before Brooke, but not my little heart breaker. She wanted a good man, not some degenerate libertine, so I had to convince her I was not the same person who marched through the women of Atlanta like Sherman did through the city. I had to tame my wild ways to be worthy of the person she was. It was hard. I admit it was hard. But she showed me what goodness was; every day. Even after agreeing to be my wife, she remained chaste, determined to come to me pure on her wedding night. I don't know how she did it. It was hard as hell for me, but I know she comes to me tonight untouched, wanting only me to know the touch of her lips, the beating of her heart, and the purity of her soul. Thank you, Brooke, for making me wait."

As he spoke, I started to cry, knowing my lips had touched another man, my soul besmirched, my heart tawdry and torn. I'd wanted to save myself for only Tanner, but another had me first and I could never remove the stain he'd left on me. Why did Tanner have to talk about me in this way after what happened right before the wedding. He was stabbing a dagger in my heart, though he did not know and it wasn't his fault. The only good thing; it was finally over and I never had to worry again. Tanner would have all the rest of me. I would make up for what I'd done. I would love him with all my heart and soul and give him my body without reservation.

Tanner sat down and I hugged and kissed him, desperately. I was filled with love and admiration for his waiting for me. I only wished I was as pure as he thought I was.

Tiffany stood up afterward. "Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and I use the word loosely for some of you. You know who you are." She waited for the laughter to die after her comment. "I've known Brooke since we were in Junior High School together. Brooke has always been an amazing person, full of life and love, loyal to a fault, believing the best of everyone. She's made me a better person just by knowing her. She's always, ever since we started talking about boys, always wanted to save herself for marriage. It isn't easy in this day and age. Sex is everywhere. It's used to sell everything from jewelry to Coca Cola. Despite the social pressure to succumb to the allure of the carnal, Brooke remained steadfast in her beliefs and her commitment to chastity. She was teased constantly. Even I was guilty of doing it, but she was convinced the man she married would appreciate and respect her for waiting for the one she truly loved. Tanner is the man she's waited for. The one she wanted to surrender to, and from his speech earlier, it seems he really does appreciate she's had to courage and fortitude to wait only for him."

She raised her glass and everyone drank. Oh, God, even Tiffany was talking about it now. Why couldn't they talk about anything else? I had waited. Waited right up until thirty minutes before my wedding, and fearing what might happen if that stupid fucking picture got out right before the ceremony, tarnished myself on my wedding day. Couldn't anyone talk about anything else? I started crying harder, leaning in on Tanner's shoulder to weep. What excuse would I use this time? Tears of joy again. Overcome with emotional happiness? Maybe still somewhat sick or overwrought from being sick? Talk about anything else, please. Tanner put his arm around me and kissed the top of my head. It was my turn; my turn to speak and my eyes were red, my nose was running, my make-up ruined and I looked like a mess. The pictures and video from my wedding would show Brooke Grant running from the altar, crying all the time, sobbing hysterically, and I would be the only one who knew why.

I was an emotional, hysterical wreck. Taking my napkin, I wiped my face. If my make-up was ruined anyway, I might as well finish the job. My Dad on one side and Tanner on the other were patting my shoulders and encouraging me. What to tell them now? I appreciate everyone saying I was a good girl and waited for my wedding day before sex, but a half hour before I married the wonderful person beside me, I sucked another man's cock. I'm a horrible person and I'm sorry for all the nice things said about me, but it's all a lie now. It's not what I'd planned on saying, but it's what I felt like saying. I stood up and faced my guests, every eye on me but a few of the wait staff.

"I want to thank all of you for coming today. Some of you have come from far away to share in our joy, including three of the groomsmen. I'm thankful you think enough of us to take the time out of your busy lives to be with us here. I apologize to everyone for being such a wreck today," I said. "This has obviously been a very emotional day. I love the man beside me like no other. As others have rightly pointed out today, it was not love at first sight, for me at least. Tanner did have a reputation which did not strike me as a good fit for myself when I first met him. I did not want to fall in love with someone so clearly unlike what I'd been looking for in a life partner. It was only through his patience and persistence, I gave him a chance to prove himself to me. And he has done just that - proved himself to me every day. He has been kind, and loving, and understanding with me. I look at him now," I looked down at my love, "and feel inadequate and unworthy of him. He has waited for me, treasured me and loved me, and I want to be a better person for him. I shall attempt to prove to him every day how much he means to me and how much I love him, and I pray he never regrets marrying me. I raise my glass to Tanner Mason, my friend, my husband, and soon to be, my lover. I love you, Tanner."

I touched my glass to his and Daddy's and emptied my glass, then looked around the room, sweeping all our gathered company. I barely noticed them, the obsequious waiting staff, but there was one clearing off our table I glanced at more closely and I could see a cruel mouth, a whisper of an evil smile on his lips, and I fell into a dead faint, my glass shattering on the floor.

******

When I wake up, Tanner, Tiffany, Taylor, Donna, Yvonne and my parents are all standing around me. Beneath me is soft cushions and I look around, recognizing the billiards and dart room of the Druid Hills Golf Club. They have couches and easy chairs for members to sit in while waiting their turn for the table and dart board. I was lying on one of the couches and Tanner was stroking my face and head. Mom and Dad were leaning over the back of the couch, concerned for their one and only child.

"How long have I been unconscious?" I ask, trying to sit up.

"Stay down for a minute," Tanner said. "There's no rush. About twenty minutes, I think, maybe a little less." He looked at the others for confirmation and several of them nodded in agreement. I laid back down, glad to comply, my head still spinning.

"What's happened to our guests?" I ask.

"The DJ is playing music and most of them are dancing and drinking," Tanner smiled. "Some went home, a little overwhelmed by what's happened today, but most are still here waiting for us to make an appearance."

"We didn't get to dance the first dance together, Tanner."

"So we'll dance the tenth, or the twentieth, or the fiftieth together. It's no big deal. Did you not have enough to eat today. Why did you faint?"

What was I supposed to tell him? That I thought I saw the man who blackmailed me into sucking his penis right before my wedding? That Tanner wasn't the first one I'd done that for? Someone else had beat him to it? Was it even the same man? I saw so little of him for so briefly, I could be wrong, though I doubt I could ever forget his cruel expression if I didn't see it again for a hundred years.

"I don't know," I lied. Starting out my marriage with a second lie, the first being I was unstained.

"Brooke, are you okay?" Tiffany asked. "You haven't been right almost all day? Are you sick? Do you need to see a doctor? I'd ask if you're pregnant, if it weren't patently ridiculous."

My dear friend, Tiffany. Was she the one who betrayed me? One of my friends did and put me on my knees sucking a stranger's dick.

"I think I'm fine. Just emotional, I guess. It's been an exciting day."

"You're one of the calmest people I know, Brooke. Nothing ever flusters you," Yvonne said. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Was it Yvonne, or Taylor, or Donna? They were all here with me now. Did they want to witness what their effect on me, what had been done to me? Keep an eye on me in case I started to figure it out?

"Please, Tanner, help me sit up. At the very least, I'd like to go back to the hall and wish our guests a good night."

"Are you sure? You can rest here for a few more minutes."

"My head has stopped spinning. You and Daddy will make sure I don't collapse anymore. I need to go." I was hoping to see if I could spot the waiter, get a better look at him. Was it the same man?

Tanner helped me to sit up. He bid me to remain sitting to see if I got dizzy again. I was impatient, but it was a smart thing to do. I sat calmly, waiting for the requisite period of time to pass. I didn't get the spins, so I said I was fine.

Dad and Tanner helped me to my feet, staying close in case I started to drop again. I was doing fine, so I asked to go back to the reception. Each of them took a hand and walked with me back to the hall. A few people saw me come in and started clapping, which caused others to look and see me, and they clapped too. I felt ridiculous. I'd made a mess of my wedding and people were clapping and cheering like I'd scored a touchdown.

Three quarters of our guests were still there. They led me to a chair and I sat down and people started coming up to me and asking if I was all right. I must have said "I'm fine, just too much emotion, I think," about a hundred times.

"Are the wait staff still here?" I asked Tanner.

Tanner looked around. "They were almost finished clearing when you fainted. I'm sure they've all left by now. Why do you ask?"

I wanted to see if my blackmailer was with them, but I couldn't say that. "I thought they did a great job," I said. "I wanted to thank them."

"They were well paid," Tanner replied. "That should be thanks enough."

"Of course, dear. You're right. I just wondered."

I sat there for another half hour, holding court, really. My guests coming to me instead of me going to them. I felt fine really, it was all so silly. Finally, I asked Tanner if we could have our dance now.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"What could happen? You'll be holding me, won't you?"

"Of course."

"Then let's dance. I'm not an invalid."

"Give me a minute to speak to the DJ. I'll have him put on our songs."

"Thank you."

Tanner got up and went to speak to the DJ. He stopped the current song and said, "The bride and groom, after a brief interruption in the nights festivities, would like to dance their first dances together as man and wife. The grooms song is 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight' by Elton John."

The music started and Tanner came to my chair and escorted me onto the dance floor. We started dancing and he was holding me close.

"I hope you're feeling well enough to 'Feel the Love Tonight'," Tanner whispered. "You've made me wait so long already."

"Nothing in this world could stop me from loving you tonight, Tanner. I've waited too long as it is. There have been times I wished I didn't make you wait." Like today before our wedding, I thought. "I love you so much. You may never know how much." I settled my face on his shoulder nuzzling up to his neck. "I even took lessons."

"You took lessons?" He looked at me, shocked and puzzled. "From who?"

"My posse, last night. We watched some porn while they gave me some pointers. Tiffany even brought out a glass dildo so I could practice sucking, you know, your penis."

"And that's all you practiced on?"

"Of course." I lied again. "Where else would I practice." I nestled against him again so I didn't have to look at him.

His song ended and the DJ said, "This is the bride's song, 'Someday, My Prince Will Come.' This version is by Barbra Streisand."

"Am I your prince?" Tanner asked.

"None other," I responded. "I will prove it to you tonight, my prince."

After our two dances, I danced with Daddy and Tanner danced with Mom, then we danced with Tanner's parents and the Best Man and Maid of Honor. I thought Geoff got a little handsy, though never obnoxiously so, but I was happy when he started dancing with someone else. I don't know why he bothered me so much, but he did. Of all our friends, if I thought anyone would be guilty of doing something disgusting to me, I would have guessed Geoff, he seemed that slimy. But he hadn't been at the Bachelorette Party. If he had done something, I believed he would do it for himself, and not for me to suck some stranger I'd never seen before. I could see him dancing with my other girlfriends and more than one of them removed his hand from their ass. Erin was tall enough Geoff could practically put his head on her bosom and I thought Erin would slap him at some point. Instead she stormed off, and he smiled to himself, his weaselly little smile. What a creep!

12