Dragon (S)Layers Ch. 27

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I- I- I couldn't, Elder. This isn't meant for me. My family were hunters-"

"Then you will do as they would. Spirits gave you what the gods refuse, you must honor them."

"But-" She sqeuaked when he thrust the blade's handle into her hand and wrapped her digits around it, he turned his gaze up to meet hers, calm and composed and for the first time since they met he wasn't shaking. "Elder. . . Please, I can't do this."

"If you don't, your friend will die. Bury this in the ground when you have saved her. . . I have no son to take it." He paused to let it sink in. He was a lone warrior far from home, he had chosen this place to die and he wanted to ensure his family's blade was treated as it deserved to be. Probably better than his body would be, knowing the 'civilized' folk of the cities. He exhaled through his nose in a slow sigh. "Do so and honor your tribe, or don't and at least die with some dignity."

Felicia turned her gaze away, hefting the heavy kukri in her own trembling hand. "I. . . I understand."

"Good. Now get out of my sight." He chortled a disparaging laugh. "Before I forget myself."

Felicia scuttled to the side as she murmured a quiet "Yes, Elder." As she headed for the door the weight of the 'sunless' steel blade became a very heavy presence in her mind and soul. Like thoughts of Sarah's safety, there would be no putting it down until she'd finished what she came to do.

Some part of her wondered if she was insane for thinking it was possible she'd survive. . .

Some part of her knew she was.

12