Happy 20th Anniversary, Literotica!

Story Info
On this day in 1998, Literotica.com went online.
617 words
86k
59

Part 7 of the 13 part series

Updated 12/29/2023
Created 11/14/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Literotica
Literotica
2,141 Followers

Twenty years ago today, we registered the domain Literotica.com. Never ever in our wildest dreams could we have imagined what that decision would mean for our own lives - and for the lives of millions of authors and fiction fans around the globe.

It's difficult to remember what the world looked like back in 1998. Literotica started only four years after Amazon.com was founded, two months after the founding of Google, two years before the start of the Dot Com Crash, three years before 9/11, six years before the launch of Facebook, eight years before Twitter, and nine years before the first iPhone created the smartphone world we all live in today.

Literotica's community has grown every year since we first went online. We started as a tiny hand-updated HTML site supporting a wonderful little group of adult authors. As years passed, our small community grew so much that Literotica is now one of the most visited websites in the world. Today, we happily welcome over one million people a day into the Lit community. We've seen countless authors go on to become successful in print and ebook markets. We've watched Lit members meet, get married, and have families together. We've even been around long enough to see longtime Lit authors pass away, leaving their Lit stories behind as part of their legacy. Lit tech has gone from simple HTML to PHP/MySQL and we're now well on our way to launching the new ReactJS interface.

Through all of the site's growth (and the changing world around us), the core mission of Literotica has remained pretty much the same as the day we first went online - to support and nurture a community of adult authors, and to maintain a safe friendly place for readers of erotica. Every positive change that has moved Literotica forward over the years can be traced directly back to suggestions from or actions by members of the community. Both authors and readers have built Literotica into what it is today. Even though we registered the domain on that November day back in 1998, we've mostly been along for the ride ever since.

In addition to the amazing things we've all done together as a community here over the last twenty years, Literotica has also been a powerful force in our own personal lives. We've met amazing people, dealt with many crazy situations, and been awakened at all hours of the night with server alarms going off not knowing what might be going wrong and stressing about how long it will take to get the site back online. Literotica has been our constant companion twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year for twenty years - and what a fun twenty years it's been!

We wish we could say "Thank You!!" to each and every one of you - whether you've been a Lit member for years or if today is your first visit. Thank you all for making the Lit community something totally unique and special in the world. We really appreciate you making time in your life to make our lives more fulfilling and fun!

The first twenty years of Literotica has been amazing, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all the fun. But it was just the beginning! With the new interface slowly rolling out across the site, a ton of new features in the works, and all sorts of other stuff in various stages of development, we've never been more excited about the future of Literotica than we are now.

Happy Lit Anniversary, and thank you again so much. Let's make the next twenty years even better together!!

Laurel & Manu

Literotica
Literotica
2,141 Followers
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
151 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

HEY! Happy 25th anniversary!

Pop your cork and celebrate!

tompo296tompo2966 months ago

Thank you for your fantastic web-site. I will admit that I have to have my daily 'fix'

IgneousRocksIgneousRocksover 1 year ago

★★★★★★ Count 'em! Congratulations!

MerkmeMerkmeover 1 year ago

Thanks for hrs of fun and enjoyment.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandlerover 1 year ago

Thanks for being here

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

That's What Friends Are For Justin's best friend Samantha will do anything for him. in First Time
Irish Eyes His love was betrayed, what next.in Romance
Let Go CEO wife fires husband. What follows is the aftermath.in Loving Wives
Hero's Reward One brave deed holds the key to unlocking a scarred heart.in Romance
Sales Team Desperate woman tries to pay back man who saves her.in Romance
More Stories