Letter to the Author(s), Domo Arigato

Story Info
Another thank you to authors I have proofread.
903 words
4.78
1.1k
4
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Well, what started out as a tongue-and-cheek email to a few of the authors I proofread for, requesting their help so that I wouldn't be embarrassed in the readers' poll, has snowballed into my fifth 'Letter to the Author(s)'.

As I was looking over the past couple of years of my Literotica 'editing career,' looking for an author who might share my sense of humour, I was starkly presented with how much all of the authors I have worked with have given me.

For those authors for whom I only did one edit, thank you for the opportunity, and for taking a chance on a guy who just got tired of reading smut that was consistently riddled with misspellings, poor punctuation, and awful grammar.

To those authors who have trusted me with their work on multiple occasions, who have allowed me to be a part of their writing process and journey, and have offered their camaraderie in our joint effort to make their stories just a little more polished, a heartfelt 'thank you' for your continued trust.

Finally, to those authors who nominated me for 'Most Helpful Editor 2022,' and to those who have voted for me, I am deeply flattered by your gestures, and I do take them to heart.

Email to the Author(s), 

Recently, I was made aware that I was nominated in the "Most Helpful Editor" category of the Literotica Reader's Choice Awards -- the Oscar equivalent of Best Film Editing, I suppose.  Thank you to the authors who nominated me (your cheques are in the mail).  Apparently, the voting has already commenced, and I, regrettably but understandably, am not leading the vote tally as of this writing (typing, actually, and with one hand -- er, finger -- as I recently broke my thumb participating my country's pastime -- no, not reading smut; that's in the United States. I live in Canada, and here, that's in second place. I was playing ice hockey -- literally! I can only imagine what you lot think "playing ice hockey" means metaphorically. I say that with love. You're all very creative.)

So, I thought to myself -- should I use italics for this thought, as I want to make sure that the reader understands that it is, indeed, an inner thought, not to be mistaken for spoken-out-loud dialogue? But I digress -- maybe I should ask the authors I have proofread for since January 2022 to 'Get Out And Vote!' 

As the award in question is for the most helpful editor, and not the most popular (blackrandl1958), not the most knowledgeable about grammar (neuroparenthetical), and not the editor with the best Lit handle on the list (haltwhogoesthere), I thought that I, at least, would be considered to be helpful.

Did I not offer my grandmother's recipe for Japanese shortbread to the author looking for a new Christmas dessert last year? Or what about the time when I audited the company books for that bookkeeper-slash-Lit author when he was too busy writing the third chapter of his Incest/Taboo story? I proofread the wedding vows for one author, and they did get married... sort of, as it was an online ceremony with VR headsets and such, and I do not believe that the groom and bride have ever met in person -- but the wedding vow, itself, was spelled and punctuated correctly.

I am just glad that the award is not for the Funniest Editor, as I would not fare as well there.

In the spirit of the award, I thought I would give the following 'how to' on how to vote for the nominee you think should get your vote. I, of course, asked an author I have proofread for to tell me how to do it, as I am still not technologically savvy enough to navigate all of this internet stuff. Thankfully, that only makes them a helpful author, and not a helpful editor. Creating more competition for myself would be quite the own goal, and I only have one more thumb to break at the moment.

This is basically a cut-and-paste of what the aforementioned author sent me. Note to reader: I added the 'and a list ... All done.' line at the end; it just seemed incomplete otherwise.

From the Main Literotica Forums page,

click on Awards & Contests and you'll be taken to...

a page where Welcome to the 2022 Annual Literotica Reader's Choice Awards is the second thread; click on it, and then...

a page with Most Helpful Editor **for writers** appears at the top of the list, under the heading, Special Categories; click on it, and... 

a list of Lit handles appears, in alphabetical order, so skim down to the fourth name, kenjisato, and click on it.  All done.

Apparently, this is a summary of the above:

Home > Forums > Main Literotica Forums > Awards & Contests 

The 2022 Literotica Awards: Most Helpful Editor

I would like to end this email (not a review or essay or even a letter this time) here, as I am just under 700 words, but there is no way I can keep single-finger typing another sixty words. At first, I wanted to submit this to be published, but 750 words?! The deadline is less than a month away! Having relieved myself of that burden, I will stop after the next sixteen words.

Thanks for the ride, and I look forward to proofreading your next story.

Kindest regards,

Kenji

_______________