Sullivan vs. Sullivan

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"OK, thank you sir," she said as she stood and headed out the door.

Seconds later the grandparents walked in and sat in front of me. "Well it is plain to see that neither child likes or wants to be at home with their parents and I'm inclined to not let either parent have them at this point. For now they will stay with you until further notice. Court will readjourn soon and we will see what we can do then." I thanked them for bringing the children in and walked them out.

`````````````````````

I picked up my phone on the desk and dialed the number for my sons home and listened to it ring a couple times before it was picked up. A male voice answered, "Hello Stone residence."

"George, son its good to finally catch you at home," I said to him.

"Hey dad. Yea I'm sorry. I've been really busy the last few weeks. Caroline and Abby both told me you called the other day," he laughed. "Abby wouldn't stop talking about it in fact."

I let out a chuckle. "Such a sweet girl. I do miss her and little Jo too. You know your mothers birthday is coming up soon. You are going to come aren't you? You and your sister both."

"Of course dad. I already talked to Sarah about it. We wouldn't miss it for anything. We will both be up for the weekend," he told me.

"Good, I look forward to seeing you then. Give my grandbabies kisses and hugs for me and I'll talk to you later."

"Bye dad," he said as we both hung up the phone.

`````````````````````

Once again I walked through those doors to hear, "All rise. The honorable Jeffery Stone residing."

I sat down and looked out over the people in the court. Two Lawyers, who could care less about anything but the money they were being paid to do their job. Two people that once loved and cherished each other and now sat as far from each other as possible, despised each other even. It was a sad world that we lived in.

"After reviewing all evidence and talking to the children I have come to a decision. As far as the marriage is concerned, most judges would call for counseling to try and work things out. However, from the evidence and testimony of some that I have talked with and your own attitudes I find that it would not be prudent. I would much rather keep both of you as far away from each other as I can. Therefore I am granting the disillusionment of this marriage and also issuing a restraining order to the both of you not be within 1000 yards of one another. "

"As far as alimony is concerned Mr. Sullivan makes far more money than his wife. Mr. Sullivan I herby order you to pay the sum of 2300 a month..."

"Yes... Eat it asshole!" Mrs. Sullivan shouted out.

I banged my gavel glaring at her, "I will have order in this court Mrs. Sullivan or you will be held in contempt."

She quickly settled down looking smugly at her husband.

"As I was saying, 2300 in total Mr. Sullivan. 1300 of which will be for child support, and 1000 in alimony. The child support shall continue until each child has reached the age of 18, then being reduced to 650 a month when the oldest becomes of age and ending when the youngest comes of age. The age being 21. The alimony will be paid for 2 years or until Mrs. Sullivan remarries."

Mrs. Sullivan let out a loud shock, "My money..."

I looked over at her, "And as for YOU Mrs. Sullivan are herby ordered to pay child support as well, though due to your lower income your amount will be 600 a month. The same reductions and durations of age of the children." I gave her a hard glare, "I do not tolerate gold diggers in my court room Mrs. Sullivan. I play by the rules of this state. I will not allow you to bilk your husband for a fortune, especially when you are no better than he is."

"To be honest, you would be doing me, your family and the entire city a favor if you both moved away. However, I cannot make you do that. I have never in all my years on this bench seen a more disgusting and despicable pair of people than with the two of you."

"Now as far as the children are concerned They will remain in temporary custody of the grandparents. You are both ordered to attend 6 weeks of parenting classes. Once finished we will reevaluate the situation with your children. Should you not bother to attend any classes then permanent custody will be granted to the grandparents and visitation will be limited to one hour per month with supervision. This case is adjourned" I banged my gavel and looked out at the people in the room. The look of shock on the faces of both party's at the words I had just spoken, it was almost comical. Not one of them dared speak out about it and they finally made their way out of the court.

`````````````````````````

The weekend had come, my kids and grandkids were coming home to celebrate their mothers birthday. I stopped off at the local florist on the way to pick up a bouquet of lilies and babies breath. They were Maggie's favorites. As I stood in the line to pay for the flowers I looked back on my life and smiled. I had a wonderful life. Full and rich with love and laughter. I had two wonderful children and 5 grandchildren that I loved more than anything in the world. I had a wife that I had faithfully loved and had faithfully loved me for many years.

I met up with the kids outside and we left to go see their mother. It wasn't long before we got there. I slowly made my way up to my loving wife, "Hello my darling, oh how I missed you." I knelt down by the stone in the ground that read 'Maggie Stone Loving wife, Mother and Grandmother. Gone too soon.' I wiped the tear from my eye as I placed the flowers down on her grave. Cancer is a horrible thing, something that with all my powers I just couldn't fight and win against on her behalf, no matter how much I wanted to.

The children came up both leaving flowers for their mother. Wrapping their arms around me on either side and pulling me close to them. "Happy birthday mom." they both said. After a few minutes of sitting there in silence we went back to my home and we had diner together and reminisced about all the old times when they were younger.

`````````````````````````````

Epilogue

I stayed on the bench for a few more years. Had a lot more divorces. Managed to even save some marriages. Ended some others. I finally retired and moved to a smaller house closer to my children so that i could spend more time with my grandchildren and just be with my family for the remainder of my years.

As for the Sullivans, well the parents never did finish parenting classes. The mother, as far as I know ran of with some guy and never came back. As for the father, he is still around but rarely ever see's his children. I gave permanent custody to the grandparents. Both kids grew to be well balanced respectful adults. They both married and had children of their own that they raised the way their grandparents had taught them to. In the end everything worked out just fine for the Sullivan children.

``````````````````````````````

Authors note:

For those of you wondering, yes parenting classes are a real thing. At least here in my state. I have known a few people that have had to take them.

12