The Gift of Carnal Knowledge

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'May this angel's feather bring you happiness. God bless. And thank you for a wonderful Christmas. Claudia.'

He picked up the snow white feather. Claudia was right. It was like no other feather he'd never seen before. It was as long as a pheasant's tail feather and stiff as a crow's. It didn't fray or separate when he ran his fingers over it. When he was dressed and packing to leave, he carefully wrapped it in the shirt she was wearing as though it were a holy relic and placed it in his bag.

Odd thing about that feather. On dark and cloudy days, it turned dove grey. On sunny or snowy days, it became snow white. At night, the tip of it took on a silvery hue. Justin hung it on a string tacked to the upper part of the window frame. He stared at it in wonder. Could she have been right? Is this really a feather from an angel's wing?

He couldn't get Claudia off of his mind. Was it because she was unobtainable? Because she illustrated just how lonely he was? Or had he developed deep feelings for her in such a short time? He fingered the feather. Maybe it was the magical feather. Claudia was so pure and innocent. He wanted to hold her. He had to speak to her. He realized that he didn't even know her last name. She had deleted her profile on the hook-up app. Her phone no longer worked. The need to see her overwhelmed him to the point that he called the Sisters of the Mount.

Speaking to a sister, he said, "A friend of mine is going to take her vows soon. Can family and friends attend?"

"Yes."

"May I trouble you for the day and time?"

On that day when Claudia was to take her vows, Justin rode the bus to the monastery high on a hill above the city. He spotted her in the crowd of clergy. She was dressed her in a plain grey skirt and white blouse. A white lace veil covered her hair. She was speaking to a woman and a young man that Justin assumed was her mother and brother. He made his way over to her.

"Claudia."

She looked shocked. Her mother looked at him. Her brother did as well.

He asked, "Can I talk to you? In private?"

He took her by the elbow to lead her a remote corner of the chapels lobby.

She asked, "What are you doing here?"

"I can't stop thinking about you. Come with me. Let's leave Montreal together."

A serene look overcame her face as she reached up to stroke his face. "Justin, you're just lonely. I'd go with you but I'm committed to Christ. I have a calling that I just can't ignore. I'm sorry. Be happy for me."

He stuck his hands in his pocket and looked down at the stone floor. "I am. Thought I'd give it a try."

"Will you stay and watch me?"

"Sure."

When it was time, he took a seat in the family and friends section where her mother stole glances at the handsome man who came for her daughter. Justin watched Claudia and one other woman take their vows before prostrating themselves fully on the floor, their arms stretched out as though they were on the cross, where they kissed the worn stone floor with such reverence. She was now Sister Anne.

He left feeling forlorn but content that Claudia was where she wanted to be. On the bus ride home, his phone lit up. He answered.

"Mr. Girard? This is Elena Bryant with Rocking Horse Hard Seltzer. We'd like to offer you the sales merchandising representative position. Are you still interested?"

"Yes, yes! I'll take it! Thank you!"

He hung up and collapsed back into the bus seat. He rolled his eyes up in gratitude. Starting pay is $54,000 for peddling hard seltzer at bars and other events. Justin was elated.

That night he had a dream. A disembodied voice, neither male or female, said with such calmness and clarity, "She wasn't yours to have. She is where she belongs. Your love is coming. Do good. Be patient. She will be here soon."

Justin felt warm and loved and slept soundly for the rest of the night. When he awoke the next morning, the feather was gone. He smiled and looked up into the cloudy skies, searching for a trace of the angel who came to reclaim its feather. Everything was going to be alright for him and Sister Anne.

12