The Interview

Story Info
She was once a bitch ...
1.9k words
4.2
3.2k
1
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Interview

When did you meet Maxine Western?

High School. Our Freshman year. Well, really mine, she was a year ahead of me. Her name was Willis... no, Williams then. She was one of those girls in a clique that always act like they're better than everyone. The really good looking ones; smooth complexions, high and firm breasts and legs that went on forever.

There were five or six of them. I think some tried to make the grade but just couldn't be as patently rude as Maxine.

I think she came by it naturally. From what I heard her parents were very nice, quiet, church going people that never disciplined her or her older brother, so she just did what ever she wanted.

And you?

I was one of those nerdy kids that was at the bottom of the school pecking order. If there were a totem pole - I wouldn't have been allowed near it.

Anyway, I was just one of her many targets. She'd insult my clothes, hair, of course acne, glasses. She'd call me Stork because I was tall and thin. Six foot and one twenty five on a good day.

So that became my name around school. Sometimes even teachers would call me that. but I don't think they knew it was an insult. That motivated me to strengthen up, exercise a lot. I still swim at least twenty laps and lift weight almost every day I'm in town.

In my Junior year I had a science class and she was assigned as my lab partner. Apparently she had to make up the class to graduate. For me science was a breeze.

When we went to our bench she started in on me, you know calling me Stork, and something in me snapped. I told her in no uncertain terms that as long as we had to work together she would treat me with respect.

She said; "And if I don't?"

I told her I'd walk out of the class - take an incomplete - that I could make it up in the summer. But that she wouldn't have a grade and couldn't graduate with her class.

During that semester she and her crew left me alone. I guess she'd told them to lay off.

A couple days before the end of the semester, just as the teacher was handing out the tests, she slipped, called me Stork. I stood up and began gathering me papers, which just happened to include all our lab work.

That's when she panicked and apologized loud enough for the whole class to hear.

I was dead silent for a moment and then there were a bunch of muffled giggles and stuff.

We completed the class and she got her grade and graduated. But she hated me after that.

Okay, so?

After I graduated I went Navy, served four years and went to college. I was also doing Reserves the four years at UW, plus I had GI Bill paying for school, so I was doing all right. Then I went to Law School.

I got a job offer at Investment House in San Francisco. I stayed with them three years, learning the ins and outs, and then went off on my own.

I'm not sure if I have an innate sense for investing, but I never lost money... Never?

No. I seemed to know when and what to buy, when to sell. I wasn't trying to time the market I just knew.

Well, I reached a certain asset level, and something else happened, so I looked at my situation and realized I didn't like living in 'Frisco any longer, so I sold off my condo and moved back here. Hell, the money I got for that place more than paid for the house I bought. Including all the upgrades. Even the pool.

Because of my reputation in investment circles I would be invited to functions thrown by the "elite" around here. Most were boring affairs, but having contacts is important so I would attend.

At one of them I met a beautiful woman in her early twenties. I was stunned, but also twenty years older, so I was polite but not flirting. I did learn she was Samantha Western. Her father being one of the high nobles in town.

High Nobles?

You know - a rich bastard - controlled a bank and a few other concerns.

Samantha seemed nice enough, polite, smiley without looking phony.

I'd run into Samantha every now and then at functions, we'd exchange pleasantries while sipping a drink. She was always easy to look at, and had a voice that just charmed me. Always came across as just a touch flirty. And I knew I should stay away.

Why? It seems she was interested in you.

Back in San Francisco I had a fiance, until she mentioned a pre-nup.

So?

It would have been very generous to her. Very generous. And kept me on a short leash. From the way it was written you'd have thought I was her boy toy. Did I mention she was a bit younger than me?

So I broke it off with her. I heard she'd found another sugar daddy within a month. A guy in his fifties or sixties. I guess she decided her odds were better. Probably had the same pre-nup in her purse just waiting for a name.

That's when I decided to sell out and move, Fortunately I can do my business anywhere I have a computer link.

What about Mrs. Western? Where does she come into this?

We were at some function, Sam and I chatting, when she just asked why I never took her to dinner.

Have you ever been at a loss for words? Yeah, I was. Finally I blurted something about thinking she saw me as just someone to chat with at boring functions.

She told me she didn't have to come to any of them, just happened to be at the one where we met, and kept coming to see me.

Look at me - do I look like someone ladies chase?

You're six one, one eighty? No flab, decent muscles. I've seen them go after a lot less.

Maybe. Anyway we went to dinner at a small restaurant I like. We had a great time together but I had an early flight out the next morning so I took her home. She was living with her parents. A big place. Appropriate for a bank owner.

As I was saying goodnight another car drove up and a woman in her mid forties, all wrapped in fur exited. Just as soon as I heard that voice, the smarm in it, I recognized Maxine.

What did she say?

Something along the line of; "Well Samantha, I see you're finally taking my advice about men."

After she went in I asked Sam what advice. "Mom says I should find an older man to take care of me."

Before I could say or do anything she grabbed my arm, I mean Firmly took my arm. "That has nothing to do with us. My mother has never loved Dad. I know it, I'm pretty sure he knows it, I think half the town knows it.

Did you tell Ms. Western you knew her mother?

Not then, later I did.

You'll pardon me, but this sounds like a pretty run-of-the-mill story.

Yeah, it does, doesn't it? It felt like that too until Sam and I married.

It took a year of us seeing each other, dating, swimming, loving,

before I mentioned marriage. Funny thing - she didn't jump at it. She wanted to think on it.

I didn't mention Sam is a lawyer did I? Family law. I guessed she'd seen too much grief in her first year practicing already. But that wasn't it.

At the previous Christmas the Westerns were having a party, the kind where he would invite all the important people in town and they felt obliged to attend.

I was there as Sam's guest. Anyway, I was chatting with someone when Maxine came up behind me, she couldn't see my face, but heard my voice.

"Stork?" Thats what she said. When I turned she slapped my face and called me a sonofabitch and ordered me out of her house.

Luckily I didn't slap her back. Maybe just the right instinct. I just smiled and said something like; "Ah Maxine, just as charming as ever."

Then I headed for the door.

When Sam and her dad caught up with me, I explained I knew Maxine from high school and left it at that.

Bill apologized profusely, said he'd never seen his wife do that to anyone.

I gave them a brief rundown of my high school time with Maxine and then said I'd put it all behind me but maybe she hadn't. But, since I didn't plan on being around her much I was just going to shrug it off.

That was big of you.

Not really, I getting close to proposing to Sam. No way would I upset her. I really didn't expect to be around my future mother in law much.

Soo, what happened?

Our wedding. The ceremony was a small affair. Just our best friends. Bill was there to give Sam away. Maxine refused to come. I was fine with that. Really fine.

Bill insisted we have the reception at his house. We knew everyone he knew, and their wives would be there. And as Sam said "I love my dad, I won't hurt him by saying no."

Yes but...

I know; how did I end up in the hospital?

Yes, I mean...

We'd been there maybe two hours. Everyone having a good time. Congratulating us. Drinking and dancing. Bill even had a small band for music.

The next thing I knew Maxine had barged into the room we were in yelling something about me ruining her plans for her daughter and that I was no better than William. I mean, she was really ranting. The room got really quiet. You know how at a party everyone is talking and it's hard to hear the person next to you? It was like that. And then dead silent.

Then she stomped out of the room.

The next thing I heard was some kind of loud 'pop', then another. I had turned toward Sam and I felt a sting In my leg, and then something hit me in the back and I went down.

I remember a lot of shouting and I think a woman screaming. After that I don't remember much until I woke up here.

Apparently Mrs. Western shot you. She actually fired three times at you but the first missed. We found that one high in the wall. She also shot her husband as he was taking the gun away from her. He took one round that went through his hand and into his left shoulder.

How's he doing?

The doctors patched him up, kept him for observation for a few hours and then sent him home last night.

Last night? How long have I been here?

Just overnight. The doctors tell me you may be here a couple days, but that's all. Even though Mrs. Western only had a.22 pistol it could have still been fatal. You were lucky, small holes and no vital organs hit. Anything bigger might have done you more harm.

Where's my wife?

She's just outside. I asked her to wait while I took your statement. Often it's easier this way.

Yeah, you're probably right. Thank you Detective. Oh, what will happen to Maxine?

She'll probably be charged with attempted homicide, most likely two counts. It will be up to the prosecutors if more charges will be filed.

I'll send your wife in now.

~~~~~