A God Called Bruce Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The platform landed in front of the vehicle and as soon as we touched down lights in the vehicle came on and a door slid open giving us access. In spite of his gammy leg Vulcan was the first inside. He was in what looked like the pilot's seat before anyone could stop him.

The inside was roomy but rather Spartan. There were some twenty seats, simple, but comfortable. Behind the seats was an open area, presumably for cargo. At the back there was a toilet and a small kitchen. The pilot's seat and co-pilot's seat were separated from the passenger area by a screen that reached from the floor to a height of about four feet. The walls and roof were made of a transparent material that allowed an unhindered view to whatever was outside.

Vulcan seemed to be overjoyed with what he had found. He was evidently communicating with Endora about the craft. Turning around with a big grin on his face he said: "Well, here we go."

Before I could object the doors closed and the craft was hovering thirty feet above the hangar floor. A huge iris opened up on the far wall and we proceeded towards it. The craft was as steady as a rock, there was no perceivable movement inside. We went through the opening and were in space.

A bit late I said to Vulcan: "Are you sure you can fly this thing?"

"Don't worry," he said, "I'm not really flying it, Endora is, I am just telling her where to go."

The whole artificial planet was visible now from our position. Vulcan turned the craft and flew an orbit around the space station. Endora must have activated all the lights because the thing was lit up like a Christmas tree. It was spectacular, like something out of Star Wars. The craft turned again and headed for a faintly visible ring in space. I guessed this was a power spot. I was right.

We emerged over a blue planet. The large continent that stretched from pole to pole surrounded by water told me it was the planet of the deer creatures. I asked Vulcan to get Endora to pick a suitable landing spot and take us there. Shortly later we touched down. The doors slid open, I stepped outside.

The air was crisp and clean. We were on a grassed area about half a mile in diameter, surrounded by forest. Huge mountains loomed in the background, a small creek not more than a hundred feet away rolled lazily through the landscape; an idyllic scene.

I was contemplating the beauty of it all when this huge dear with enormous antlers manifested in front of me.

"Greetings," I said, "our intentions are honourable, we wish you no harm."

"I know," it said, "there is no malice in any of you." There was no voice speaking, I just heard it in my head, the same way when Endora spoke to me.

"I've met a creature just like you on another world," I said. I flashed a mental picture of Kia at him hoping he might see it.

He came up to me and licked me gently across the face, like Kia had done. Next he licked my left arm three times from wrist to elbow.

"Show that to her," he said, "she will know what it means. You are welcome here."

And that was that. He disappeared.

"What was that all about?" said Vulcan.

"Fucked if I know. He gave me a message for Kia, I think. Anyway, let's go, there won't be any more happening here today, I'm pretty certain of that."

Next stop was the Waterworld. Endora had us touch down on the largest island, just outside a village in a meadow. The people in the village dropped what they were doing and pointed to us amongst much noise. They were frightened.

"Endora, is there some way we can tell them not to be afraid, that we come in friendship?"

"Yes, I know their language, I can use my outside speakers."

"Please do so and ask if we may speak to their leader."

The language was strange, full of guttural sounds, alternating with high pitched melodious bits, a kind of singsong with sound effects. I could not discern any individual words, it all kind of blended into each other.

Whatever Endora had said had the desired effect. The panic died down. A small group of elderly men gathered and walked cautiously towards us. The oldest amongst them tried to prostrate himself before me, but I stopped him halfway, helped him up and embraced him in a universal gesture of friendship.

"We have come in friendship", I said, "we are only here to learn." Endora translated.

"Our people are much afraid. Our crops have been poor these last few seasons. The fish have left us. We used to have plenty, now there are none. People are saying we are doomed, that the end of our world is coming. Are you part of that end?" The old man was in tears.

"Do not despair, we will aid you," I said, "tell your people we will come back before the sun has risen three times and we will bring help. You will have good times again. I promise you."

I turned around to Vulcan and asked him if he could make me some token that I could give to the old man to show to his people. He moved his hands and conjured up a disk made of gold, about six inches in diameter, with the face of Zeus engraved on it. It was beautiful.

I handed it to the old man and said: "Take this and show it to your people. Tell them this is a token of my promise to summon aid. Tell them to take heart. We will be back soon."

The old man bowed deeply and held the disk above his head for everyone to see. He rejoined his group. The elders moved in a procession back to the village, headed by the old man holding up the disk.

We boarded our vehicle and were home in the compound moments later.

Bruce, Algenon and Darrin were delighted with the vehicle. The Gods had a new toy.

When I told them to quit for the day and go to Bruce's place Vulcan said: "You and Bruce go, we have work to do."

Gadeirus and Darrin were already taking seats out and piling them in a corner. I was horrified.

"What are you doing?" I yelled.

"Calm down," said Vulcan, " We are just making it fit for Gods to travel in. See you tomorrow."

Seeing there was nothing further to do, Bruce and I left them to it and went for something to eat.

Zeus' door was open when I got home. I stuck my head in to say hello when I was nearly bowled over by Kia. She jumped up on me like an excited dog.

"What's the matter with her?" asked Zeus, "I have never seen her do that."

"I have been on what might be Kia's home world today. A large deer licked a message for her on my arm. He said she would understand."

"Well then you better sit down and let her read it," said Zeus with a grin and made some room on his bench for me. As soon as I sat down he handed me a glass of Retsina. I held my left arm so Kia could get at it, She sniffed and licked it, obviously very excited and very happy.

"Tell me about her world."

I told Zeus what had happened.

"I have always wondered where she came from. About a thousand years ago I stumbled across her in Mongolia. That is why I called her Kia, meaning Out of Asia. She has followed me ever since. Sometimes Kia disappears for days, I have no idea where she goes or what she does. She is a mystery, even to me."

Kia hopped up on the bench, licked me across the face and disappeared.

Over a second glass of Retsina I told Zeus about the pending Grand Tour and how I wanted his siblings to come along. I asked permission to talk about the project to the girls.

"It is time they knew," was all he said. I took this as an approval.

I finished my wine, said good night to Zeus and went to bed.

Chapter 26: Lachesis

I had a rude awakening in the night. This was no dream. I stood on a huge sheet of ice, naked. In front of me was a creature made of fire, the shape of a woman with a lion's head and mane, ten feet tall and menacing. I was freezing and scorching, all at the same time. I pulled myself together, harder than I had ever done in my life.

"G'day Lachesis," I said in as even a tone as I could manage, "now that you have scared the shit out of me good and proper can we cut the theatrics?"

"How do you know who I am?" the monster roared at me.

"Well, I was born some time ago, that lets Clotho out because she is responsible for birth. Atropos is responsible for death. I don't think she would do shit like this before she kills me. That only leaves our darling Lachesis who is responsible for the in between stuff to do the honours. You've done that. Can we now continue our conversation in a more congenial setting?"

Seconds later we were sitting in what looked like a chambre separée in a French brothel of the 1900's. There was a bottle of champagne in an ice bucket on the table two champagne flutes and a platter with tiny pieces of white bread topped with smoked salmon and caviar. I was wearing tails. Lachesis was a sensation. Dressed in an elaborate emerald gown, her fiery red hair luxuriously piled on her head, the décolletage generously revealing some of her ample charms, she was more that an eyeful. She was stunningly beautiful. I said so.

"You realise of course, this is an illusion."

"This is the kind of illusion I can never get enough of," I said as I was pouring the champagne.

"Tell me," she said, "why did you want to see us? No one wants to see us."

"How did you know I wanted to see you?"

"Kia told me. She is the only creature who comes to visit. Every other living thing shuns us, well - except you."

"She must have been snooping around in my head, I never told her."

"Kia is very sneaky. She loves you, she was trying to help. Now tell me, what is it you want from us?"

I told her everything. About the other worlds and how I felt I needed the Gods but I did not want them to contaminate those worlds with their violence. To stop that from happening I needed the help of a higher power. I told her about my talk with the old man on that lovely world of theirs and how they needed help.

"I can't help if it means corrupting their world with the likes of Ares and Malabubu," I concluded. "These people deserve better than that. I need your support."

Lachesis looked at me intently and held her empty glass out to me. I filled it for her. She reached into her handbag and withdrew a golden cigarette case and a lighter. She offered me a cigarette, took one herself and handed me the lighter. I lit the cigarette for her. She leaned back, inhaled the rich smoke deeply and just looked at me. I did not flinch.

"You are a noble creature," she said after a while, "you risk much to help others for no benefit to yourself. Just remember this ... the noble rarely win. Having said that, I like what you are doing. We will support you. I speak for all of us."

"I thank you," I said refilling her empty glass again. She was guzzling the champagne as if it was water. Was the alcohol affecting her? Lachesis appeared to have lost that hardness and mellowed a lot as the conversation and her alcohol consumption proceeded. She had almost smiled at me just then.

"I must be crazy," she said, waving her half empty glass in the air. "Here I am, Lachesis the Fate, one of the most feared creatures in the universe, even Zeus is scared of me, and I am behaving like a teenager on her first date."

She looked at me, a puzzled look on her face, before exclaiming: "What am I saying? I may not be a teenager, but this is my very first date."

And then, out of the blue: "Will you dance with me?"

She was actually smiling when she said that. I told her I would love to dance with her. Lachesis waved her hand, one of the walls disappeared revealing a small dance floor. An unseen violin orchestra played softly a slow waltz.

For someone who had never danced before she did exceptionally well. She followed my lead perfectly. Her closeness was intoxicating. I was aching to kiss her. I slowed down to a stop, brushed a strand of hair gently off her face and looked into her eyes.

"If this is your first date then you haven't had your first kiss yet either. Would you like that now?"

She just looked at me, soft, warm, yearning. I didn't wait for an answer I just kissed her deeply. She responded, gently at first then with increasing passion. I slipped my hand into her décolleté and cupped her ample breast. She didn't resist. Her nipple hardened. I could smell her wetness.

We kissed for quite some time. Then I think things became a little too much for her and she pushed me away; very gently. I took my hand off her tit and straightened her dress.

"Enough for today," she whispered in my ear, "Maybe some other time?"

***

"You must be disappointed," she said when we were back at the table.

"Disappointed? Me? I have just kissed a Fate and fondled her breast. What man or God can claim that? If I die right now my life has been an outstanding, rip-roaring, uniquely spectacular success."

Then she did something I never dreamt she would do, she laughed. I had managed to get a Fate to laugh.

She got up from her chair, came over to me and kissed me gently, though only fleetingly, on the lips. "I have enjoyed my date with you, we must do this again, but now it is time to go to sleep."

I remember no more. I woke up late in the morning, still dressed in the tails. On the pillow next to me was that golden cigarette case of hers and the lighter with a little note that said simply Thanks.

My mouth tasted like an Arab's flip flop. I staggered into the kitchen to get myself a drink. At that moment Bruce turned up. He had been worried about me, since it wasn't my style to get up so late in the day. When he saw me still dressed in the tails he gasped.

"Where the fuck have you been?"

"I've been on a date with Lachesis."

That took the wind out of his sails. He stared at me in total disbelief.

"Don't tell me you fucked her?"

"I didn't quite get that far. I only managed to kiss her and play with her tit, then she got scared and backed off. She wants to go on another date with me and she did say they will help us."

"You scared a fate? I don't believe it."

"I didn't say I scared her. I don't think she had ever been horny before and when it happened it overwhelmed her a little. She can be very charming. You should meet her some day."

"No fucking way. You are fucking crazy. Tell me, is there anything you are not trying to fuck?"

"Yes, you, Bruce. I am not contemplating fucking you. Go, make us something to eat while I get showered and changed."

Bruce shook his head and went outside to see to the barbeque. Feeling a lot better after my shower I went and had breakfast with Bruce. After the meal I reached for a cigarette and found the cigarette case and lighter in my pocket instead of my usual fags. Funny, I didn't remember having put it there. When I offered a cigarette to Bruce he backed off as if I had offered him a poisonous snake.

"It's from her," he said. "I'm not going to touch this."

"How do you know? What's so special about the cigarette case?"

"I am a God, remember? I do see some things. I am telling you now, no God, not even Zeus himself, will be game to touch this thing. It connects you to the Fates in the same way Demeter's charm connects you to her. It will always be with you. You could not leave it behind or lose it if you tried. You are stuck with the fucking thing whether you like it or not."

I stroked the case very gently and said: "Thanks Darling." It felt as if I was touching her skin rather than the metal of the case.

Bruce cleared the table with one wave of his hand and said: "Back to work then Maestro. Let's get something done.

***

When we arrived back at the compound the vehicle was not there.

"Where is the fucking thing?" I asked.

"Vulcan is taking it for a spin. Endora is giving him flying lessons," Gadeirus said. "We have finished with the refurbishment, it looks really good now. Fit for the Gods even."

Half an hour later Vulcan was back. The boys had done a wonderful job. Sumptuous maroon leather armchairs were arranged in a U-shape around an oblong white marble table. The floor was covered with exquisite Persian carpets. It was, as Gadeirus had said, fit for Gods. We were ready. What remained now was for me to convince the supreme Gods to come along on a tour. I decided to talk to the girls first. Where better to do it than right here, inside the vehicle.

I asked Bruce to put a really good spread on the table and told everyone what I was about to do. I also called Endora and instructed her to give the girls access.

"We better make ourselves scarce," said Bruce after he set the table. They promptly left. I grabbed Demeter's charm and asked her to come to me and bring her sisters with her. She was not really keen on the idea, but when I explained that it was in connection with a project I was working on which was going to affect all of Olympus and that I needed them to see it first hand she calmed down somewhat. Minutes later they arrived.

I think they had intended to reprimand me for calling them out but they quickly changed their mind when they saw the vehicle and the underground complex. I greeted them warmly and bade them sit down and help themselves to the refreshments.

For the next half hour I explained the project and what I wanted to do next. They listened attentively and when I finished Hera said to leave it with her and the three of them left. I had not heard back when we closed shop for the day.

Chapter 27: The Six-pack

Kia was lying on my bed when I got home. She lifted her head so I could scratch her behind the ears.

"You have been a very naughty girl," I said to her. "I should be cross with you, but I'm not. Thanks for helping."

She licked my hand and put her head down, pretending to go to sleep.

"Not so quick, you little shit," I said, "You've got some explaining to do. And don't pretend you can't talk because Lachesis told me you talk to her and her sisters, telepathically naturally, just like your cousin on that planet."

"Lachesis is a tattletale," it rang in my head. "You are not going to tell Zeus that I talk to the Fates, are you?"

"No Kia, I am not going to tell anyone that you can talk or that you visit the Fates. You have your own reasons to keep quiet about it and I respect that. Tell me, was that your home world I visited?"

"I have no idea. Perhaps it is. I am not sure. The earliest I remember is following my mother across the steppes of Mongolia. She never told me how we got there. Then, over a period of some months, she became less and less substantial. She told me she was dying. Even after her body had completely faded away she stayed with me in spirit until we met Zeus. She told me to follow Zeus and departed. I have not heard from her since."

"Can't the Fates tell you where you are from? They know everyone's destiny."

"That's why I went to see them. Zeus has no idea, he thinks I am a mystery and he is quite content to leave it at that. I have been with Zeus for over a thousand years. In all this time he has never wondered why I am still a fawn or whether I truly understand what he tells me. He thinks I am a magical animal, affectionate and harmless, who loves him and who can sense when he is troubled and seeks solace. He is right, of course, but as you now know that is only part of what I am. I don't want him to know any more about me than what he thinks. I could not help him if he knew what I truly am. He would be afraid of me if he knew I can see his thoughts."

"So you are snooping around in his head too?"

"I don't snoop. I simply see what I see. That's all. I know what you said about the deer planet and how they ensure privacy of thought. It had never occurred to me there might be a necessity for such a convention. In this world I am the only creature who sees the thoughts of others, not even the Fates can read minds."

"So how did you wind up with the Fates?"

"I knew they were a higher power than Zeus. Zeus is afraid of them. Gods can be killed. It is unbelievably difficult to do so, but it has been done. For the Fates it is a small matter. Atropos could annihilate Zeus with a wave of her hand. He knows that. What Zeus doesn't know is that the Fates are not capable of arbitrarily influencing someone's destiny. When it is all said and done they have very little discretion to act independently. Atropos administers death, she cannot decide it. It suits the Fates very nicely to leave Zeus with his beliefs, it makes him more pliable.