All Comments on 'Double Helix Ch. 06'

by FelHarper

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
drmrbludrmrbluover 10 years ago
Triumphant YES!

This is one to not miss. Thanks for getting some progress going on the story's home front. Now for all of the other crippling problems... one at a time. The stupidity revealed by this make believe government isn't much different from the current day real thing. Everyone is still looking out for their own personal best interests and not the good of the whole. So the majority of people that have to live with the stupid childish decisions all get hurt in the process of day to day living. Thanks for sharing your stories with us and please continue as time allows.

FelHarperFelHarperover 10 years agoAuthor

Bad me. I made a few changes just before submitting and created a few errors--not my editor's fault. I will be posting edits of the first six chapters soon to clear up the mistakes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Wow. Just...wow

Amazing story. Powerful, emotional, engaging, with a great alt-world plot. Kudos, and can't wait for the next chapter.

cittrancittranover 10 years ago
shit...

They're just words, but I can still FEEL the trauma..

pornfisherpornfisherover 10 years ago
Nice chapter

beautifully written , I think the recovery was a tad fast, genmod or not, but that may be a narrative ploy, otherwise its great.

I look forward to the next chapters with equal fear and joy on behalf of the characters

prosaaprosaaover 10 years ago
Nice

This story has a very original plot line. I think it could go places. It'll be interesting to see what happens in the coming chapters. Should be a good time.

IlyraIlyraabout 10 years ago
Great!

Love the story. Is Chapter 7 coming any time soon?

FelHarperFelHarperabout 10 years agoAuthor

Chapter 7 is coming soon. It has been a real struggle to write, but I think I finally got the tone and plotting I wanted. Hoping to get subsequent chapters out more quickly.

jansen_janjansen_janalmost 10 years ago
Tilly

The Tilly character got to me... Good story.

YourLinkYourLinkover 5 years ago
Gotta love Tilly.

So Enjoying this tale for the 2nd time.

SinnerseekerSinnerseekeralmost 3 years ago

Very original , great story .

The science in the background - well done !!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What Nock did wasn't only out of ignorance, but entitlement also. Nock is the kind kind of person who would look down on disabled people, or people with birth defects.

FelHarperFelHarperabout 2 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous Yeah, I tried to make Nock pretty unlikable at this stage, Stansy to a lesser extent. Some people are just terrible by nature, but I think that some people become bitter and callous because of their experiences.

striker24striker24over 1 year ago

Damn. The last scenes here were very emotional. 😭

cementhead35cementhead354 months ago

The story goes on for a whole bunch more pages, but wow! You are an excellent writer!

Robbi_The_RobotRobbi_The_Robot3 months ago

another really good chapter. I love all the world building done and the you part real people in the story. From evil people who take advantage to ordinary people who are just flawed. I feel the worst for Wendy. Living in a prison you can never escape. Reminds me of the child vampire from Ann Rice's books.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFelHarper@FelHarper
693 Followers
12/12 Update: Double Helix 24 is moving along. It’s one of those chapters where I’ve had to rewrite several times for everything to make sense. Sometimes the plot flows like a river. This is one of those times where it hacks and slashes like a gory horror flick. I’ll get there...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES