All Comments on 'Esther's Story'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
juicycarameljuicycaramelalmost 12 years ago
Beautiful!

Such deep emotion! So much pain, love, longing & passion! My heart stopped with Esther's fictional 1 when...well, I don't wanna give it away & take from others the awesome experience of this story. Lets just say I had 2 force myself 2 be a big girl, finish the story & by the end I was all smiles & so touched! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING! THIS IS SO MUCH MORE THAN A STORY! IT'S AN EXPERIENCE! :oD

tazz317tazz317almost 12 years ago
YOU FOUND THE ESSENCE OF THE CORPS

the SEMPER FI. is true and always will be, Good Job. TK U MLJ LV NV

KojoteKojoteover 11 years ago
Such a story...

...deserves a lot of words in a comment.

But I have none...

Just... Thank you for one of the most beautiful and intense reading experiences on this board.

Nothing more...

Sorry. ;-)

bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago
Touched my heart

The depth of emotion, the pain and passion, you managed to imbue this story with, was stunning. I've read many stories on here, but very few have managed to touch me like this one did. Thank you for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
This was what i was waiting for

When I read the first draft of this story I was disappointed at the shortness of it. I had just read the first Sgt. Mike story and felt like this one could have been fleshed out so much more.... CUDOS you have outdone yourself, this was magnificent!!!!!! Keep up with the Sgt. Mike stories PLS.. BTW this is the first time I have made a comment on literotica in the 3+ years I have been reading here... your rewrite touched me that much =)

KelteriserKelteriserover 9 years ago
Wonderful read

Hi

I feel compelled to write after reading this story.

1) It is wonderfully written and very enjoyable (though I did find 3 or 4 silly typos e.g Mike made diner instead of dinner)

2) I have never been in the forces but like all of us I have a sense of what being in the military is like.

3) I am also not American, I am Irish and I have problems with the role US forces play in world politics. That however is on a political level not an personal level with the individual troops.

4) I was struck by the similarity I found in Mike with a character of Tom Clancy's he referred to a Gunny (Gunnery Sergeant) - that character does appear in more than one book

5) You have a gift for storytelling, please keep writing

Thanks for the entertainment

Kelteriser (Paul Mac)

GrandPaMGrandPaMabout 9 years ago
Where are they?

At the end of this very nice story (why is it that people can't seem to communicate well in this world? - it seems the trouble/most-common-theme at the heart of in so many stories..this one too.) You told us about _Going Home_ and _Shared Burdens_...but I can't seem to find them...?

Where are they? ...or are they still works in progress? ...or yet another communications flaw at play here? :-)

Griffin_ScoutGriffin_Scoutover 8 years ago
Amazing

When I read the original version of this story, I was absolutely amazed. For something that you put together in such a short period of time it is astounding. But, I must say that as good as the original was, this version is even better. I loved the character development and the way in which Esther approaches life after her epiphany. Once again, absolutely amazing story telling.

SampkyangSampkyangabout 8 years ago
THANK YOU for thanking me

Those wars and unrest are NOT about to end, but get much worse because of weak leadership and the belief that apologetics are the answer. Strength to tyranny is ALWAYS best even if it seems contradictory. The USA and England is in for a very rude awakening...

rightbankrightbankabout 7 years ago
I loved the sentiment and emotions

Appreciated the thought behind the drama.

Respected the depth of the loss and sacrifice.

Enjoyed the interaction and romance as it slowly built to a peak.

But really struggled with the constant distractions from the spelling errors.

silverhawkmajsilverhawkmajalmost 7 years ago
Thank you Tara. . .

Like several others who have commented, I have spent many years in and working with the military and this country's Veterans. I have read many different stories types on Literotica over many years, but yours are in a very distinctive class. You have a gift of drawing emotion into your words. I applaud you for your abilities to show the struggles and often injustices that Veterans and the families must struggle through - coming home and trying to reintegrate into society after living through horrific losses to self and/or comrades; navigating through the VA healthcare system for help with physical ailments, unrelenting pains, nightmares, losses, and PTSD; and even the struggles experienced when getting a Veteran buried.

I too looked for the northern two stories you mentioned at the end of 'Ester' detailing other adventures in Mike's journey to see comrades and families. Where have you hidden them?

I have also enjoyed several of your other more recent stories and look forward to checking out all that you have here. It is my hope that life will continue to allow your inspiration to flow out on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A tale filled with love and warmth of a mother

A good story about loss of a dear one and good teacher

Crusader235Crusader235over 4 years ago
Just

Just a beautiful, and wonderful story. So many mothers have lost childrento war, thank you for telling Esthers story. Five stars!

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 4 years ago
Awesome Story!

I plan to read all the stories of Sergeant Mike.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago

It is to bad chapters 4,5,6,7 were blank otherwise it was a good story.

dmallorddmallordover 3 years ago
Excellent Heartfelt Story

Tears are still rolling down my cheeks as I think about this story and all of its ramifications. This is wonderfully crafted and is definitely one of the best told stories I have read so far.

doyoudreamdoyoudreamabout 3 years ago

A beautiful story, and so well written. I'm loving your work, Tara. Thank you for sharing it with us!

geek_writergeek_writeralmost 2 years ago

fitting tribute to those who have served. Really enjoyed your work!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2503 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...