Everything Happens for a Reason

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I reached over and hugged him and then, smiling brightly, replied, "You should listen to your heart more often...." and giving Emma and Deirdre the same angry glare as before, I added, "....regardless of how much some people stick their feet in their mouths." Then, after hugging Julia as well, I turned and left the restaurant.

I walked out to Laurie's car to find it running with her sitting in the passenger's seat looking more beautiful than ever and smiling at me. I got in the driver's seat and after buckling my seat belt, turned to Laurie and said, "Where would you like to go, my love?"

"Am I really, your love, I mean?" asked Laurie, smiling.

Yes, and you have been ever since we were children." I replied, and then softly kissed her lips, as I backed the car out into the street.

Laurie cuddled as close to me as she could get in the Corvette, and squeezing my arm, said, "Let's go to Barleycorn's, I feel like dancing."

"Your wish is my command, my angel," I replied, taking off down the street.

As we walked into Barleycorn's, I noticed that the crowd wasn't near what it was the night of our previous visit. There wasn't a band playing but the jukebox was going and people were on the dance floor still having a good time, regardless. Laurie wasted no time in pulling me out onto the dance floor. The song that was playing was a slow one that I recognized and it had not been playing for more than thirty seconds. I held Laurie close to me and the realization hit me that I wanted to marry this girl. I knew that I wouldn't be able to live without her in my life; but I still had to go back to Texas and run my family's ranch. What kind of man would I be to ask her to leave her friends and family? I was going to call my mother and talk it over with her. She'll know what to do....I hoped. Still though, I had never before felt the kind of peace I felt being here with Laurie. The thought hit me that maybe Mom and Julia had all this planned from the very beginning, but it didn't bother me in the least. All I could think of was when Laurie and I were both half naked in her bedroom earlier and how complete I felt holding her, bare breasted against me. Suddenly and for the first time in my life, I knew what it was I had to do and I knew exactly where it was that I was supposed to be. I just had to work out all the details.

I realized that Laurie had been talking to me when, being snapped out of my reverie, I heard her say, "Earth to Tommy, are you still with me, honey?"

"I'm sorry, I must've been day-dreaming," I replied.

"It must've been some kinda dream to take you away from me," laughed Laurie.

The music had stopped, and as we made our way to find a table, I looked at her and replied, "Actually, I was dreaming about you."

"I love you, Tommy Mason," she said, sweetly.

"And, I love you, too," I replied, with my arm around her waist. We found a table and within seconds of sitting down; a waitress was there to take our drink order. I ordered a glass of iced tea while Laurie ordered a glass of wine, and as the waitress walked away, Laurie leaned over and gave me a quick kiss on the lips. "What was that for?" I asked, grinning.

"It's because I love you," said Laurie.

I must be a magnet for trouble because no sooner had Laurie finished kissing me than three men appeared at our table. It was Harvey Crutcher, Howie Peel, and Butch Ingles. Harvey's face looked like hell, all swollen and bruised. Howie's face was equally bruised and torn up but he had his left arm in a cast with a blue cotton sling that held it close to his body. Butch had his left leg in a cast and was walking on crutches. I immediately stood, keeping myself between Laurie and the three men, and said, "You three assholes apparently didn't learn your lesson the last time we met. Are you here for some more? Because if so, I'm gonna....."

"Please! No! Please wait! We're not here to start any trouble," said Crutcher, backing away with his hands up in front of him in a defensive posture.

"Then, why are you here and what do you want?" asked Laurie, suspiciously.

Crutcher smiled, and dropping his hands to his sides, humbling himself and replied, "I came to apologize to Mr. Mason here and also to you, Laurie."

"If that's the case, then you won't mind if I tell you that Mr. Mason was my father. My name is Tom," I replied. Then I looked at him eye-to-eye and said, "I accept your apology, but I don't know about Laurie."

Crutcher groaned as he slowly dropped to his knees and replied, "Please accept my deepest and most sincere apology for anything and everything I've ever said or done to you. I'm really very sorry Laurie and, if there's any way possible; I'll try and make it up to you and Tom here."

I smiled, and while helping Crutcher back to his feet, said, "Why don't you start by you and your two friends here, sitting down with us joining us for a drink, okay?"

Harvey looked at Butch and Howie, who nodded their approval, and then while looking back at Laurie and me, said, "I'd be honored to join you, thank you."

"Before I sit down with you, I'd like to offer my apology as well," said Howie.

"Me too, I'm really very sorry, Tom," added Butch.

"We accept your apologies, gentlemen," said Laurie, smiling at me and taking hold of my hand once I was seated.

As Harvey, Butch and Howie took their seats our waitress came back to take their orders. Before she left I instructed her to put the three guy's drinks on my bill, and as she was walking away; Harvey said, "Thank you but, you really didn't have to do that, Tom."

I smiled, then patted him on the shoulder and replied, "I figured that if we're going to be friends, then it's the least I can do, fellas."

Howie grinned and said, "Thanks a lot, Tom." Then he added, "If it's okay with you, can I ask you a question? You don't have to answer but, it would be really cool of you if you did though."

I laughed and said, "I think I already know what you're going to ask me, but go ahead and ask anyway!"

After glancing at Butch and Harvey, Howie sat back in his chair and said, "When we were acting like fools, you really kicked our asses good. Not that we didn't deserve it, but that was like nothing any of us have ever seen before, and what I'm trying to ask is; where in the hell did you learn to fight like that?"

Before I could respond, Laurie spoke up first and proudly replied, "Tommy is a retired United States Navy SEAL!"

Harvey laughed, and to Howie and Butch, said, "I told ya so, now, pay up boys."

Howie and Butch each layed a twenty dollar bill on the table and as Harvey picked the money up and was putting it in his pocket; I asked, "What's going on?"

"I made a bet with these two that you were militarily trained and more than likely Special Forces. I was right so; I won the bet," Harvey replied, smiling proudly.

The more I looked at three of them and how badly I'd beaten them, the worse I felt and my conscience really started bothering me. So, before anyone could say anything else, I cleared my throat, and looking at Harvey, Butch and Howie, I told them, "Listen you guys, I'm really sorry about what I did to you and....."

"No Tom! We deserved everything you did to us. We were wrong, I was wrong. I've been wrong for a long time now. You're the first of many people that I owe a very big apology to," Harvey sadly admitted, looking down. Then he raised his eyes to look at me, and with a look of anxiety on his face, said, "I want to change, but I don't know where to start. Can you help me, Tom?"

I gave him a warm and understanding smile, and as he hung his head, lifted him up and replied, "You just said so yourself Harvey, when you were talking about making apologies, my friend."

"What if some folks don't want to accept it?" he asked, worriedly.

"I'm not going to lie to and tell you that everyone will accept your apology, because they won't. But if you truly mean it from your heart, it doesn't matter whether they do or they don't; because, at least you've made an honest attempt to make amends by doing what's right by admitting your fault. Besides, as long as you're trying to do the right thing, life always has a way of working everything else out by itself, you'll see," I said, matter-of-factly.

Harvey smiled widely, and with a pleasant cockiness about him, leaned back in his chair crossing his arms and asked, "Ya know what?"

"No! What?" I replied, grinning from ear-to-ear.

Harvey reached over and playfully punched my arm and said, "You're a pretty smart guy......for a flat-lander." This made the whole table, Laurie included, howl with laughter.

About that time a good up tempo country song came on the juke box, and after conspiratorially winking at me, Laurie smiled at Harvey and said, "C'mon and dance with me, Harvey Crutcher!"

Harvey immediately looked at me, and with apprehension in his voice, said, "Is it alright with you, Tom?"

"Sure it is," I replied, smiling approvingly, and then laughing, I added, "Take the lady out there on the dance floor and show me how you mountain boys dance." Harvey's face melted into a silly grin, and offering his arm to Laurie in a gentlemanly manner, escorted her to the dance floor where they began to dance, both of them quite well if I say so myself.

As Laurie and Harvey were dancing, Butch leaned over and said, "You're a nice guy, Tom. I'm really sorry for what I tried to do to you, and like Harvey said, I got what I deserved!"

"The same thing goes for me, Tom. I'm truly sorry and I hope that as long as you're here; you know that you can count on me for anything you need," added Howie.

"Me too," Butch said.

"Thank you, guys, that means a lot. It really does," I said, humbly.

"Can I be so bold as to ask what it was like being a Navy SEAL?" asked Howie.

"Yeah, I'd like to know as well, if that's okay?" added Butch

I smiled, and after ordering us all another round of drinks, replied, "Well, it was different, that's for sure. But, I was part of a team of men that were always there to cover my ass and I was there to cover theirs. Every time we were called upon to do our jobs, we put our lives in one another's hands and we trusted each other completely."

"Did you get to go a lot of different places?" asked Butch.

"Yeah, I did, and that was the really cool part, because I got to see different places in the world that, if not for being in the Navy, I wouldn't have gotten to see otherwise," I replied.

Before anyone else could say anything, Laurie and Harvey were returning from dancing. As Laurie took her seat, she kissed my lips, then looked up at Harvey and said, "Thank you for the dance Harvey, I really enjoyed it!"

"You're welcome Laurie and thank you, too," said Harvey.

"Why are you thanking me?" Laurie asked, her hand in mine, smiling brightly.

Harvey took his seat, and while patting me on the shoulder, said, "Thank you for bringing Tom here." Then looking at me, he said, "You're a good and decent guy, Tom, and I hope that we can always be friends."

I looked at him, and with a stupid grin plastered across my face, said, "Hell Harvey, my friends are the only people I'll let dance with my woman," and couldn't help but to break out laughing after I spoke. Laurie joined me laughing as did Butch and Howie, and after a couple of seconds; Harvey was roaring right along with us.

We'd only been in Barleycorn's for about an hour when Harvey stood up, and with Butch and Howie joining him, said, "Well, it's been real fun, Tom, Laurie, but it's time for us three to hit the trail." Then looking directly at me, Harvey extended his hand, and out of respect, I rose from my seat at the table. As our hands joined and we began to shake, he earnestly said, "I want to thank you again for everything, Tom."

"For what? I really didn't do anything," I modestly said.

"No, seriously, you got my attention, and it made me realize that I needed to make some changes in my life, changes for the better," Harvey replied, retrospectively.

"Nobody's changes unless the really want to," I replied, smiling, then seeing the look on Harvey's face, I added, "But if it will make you feel better, then, your welcome," and I began to laugh as did everyone else.

Harvey smiled, and shaking his head, replied, "Smart assed flatlander," then, still smiling, he winked right before all three men turned and left.

After they'd gone and were out of sight, Laurie turned to me, and, putting her arms around my neck while smiling and staring tenderly into my eyes, she gave me a quick kiss then said, "You really are the chosen one, aren't you?"

"Nah......I just love you, that's all," I replied, smiling and pulling her to me as I lightly kissed her. We hugged one another tightly, and the moment our bodies touched, the only thought came to mind was God! I love this woman!

Chapter Nine

It was still dark out side the next morning when I woke. There was someone lying on my right side, cuddled up next me to my in my bed, and I knew who it was even before I looked to see. Although we might not be within close quarters of one another, my heart now had a way of telling me when Laurie was near. I didn't even have to look to know it was her. However; being that she was now living in every cell of my body, I couldn't stop looking at her. As I gently rolled toward her, Laurie stirred and opened her eyes. "Good morning, my beautiful love," she said, sleepily.

"What're you doing in here? You parents could come in any minute," I said, alarmed.

Turning on her back, Laurie smiled and stretched; causing the tee shirt she was wearing to stretch tightly against her chest and making it obvious that she was braless. Then she wrapped her arms around my bare torso and pressed her body firmly against mine and said, "Today is Mom and Dad's anniversary. They left early this morning and won't be back until late tomorrow evening. So, we have the house to ourselves for the next thirty-six hours."

"Really?" I nervously asked, not expecting what happened next.

Laurie sat up in the bed, and with a quick lifting of her arms, pulled the shirt off and over her head to reveal that she was naked underneath it. After tossing the shirt in the floor, she layed back down in the bed and pressed her smooth naked body against me. I was already naked as I usually sleep that way and the sensations I was feeling were now too powerful to ignore. Moving lazily over and on top of me, Laurie pressed her naked breasts into my chest and very subtly ground her crotch against mine. She kissed me passionately and squirmed while laying on me and when her lips finally worked their way to my ear, she breathed, "I want you to make love to me, Tommy."

"Are you sure?" I asked, praying this wasn't a dream.

She smiled, and taking my hand and putting it between her legs to discover the limpid wetness there, said, "Doesn't it feel like I'm sure, baby?"

"I think so," I replied, grinning.

Laurie leaned up on her hands, and with her breast barely touching my chest, she looked down at me and said, "I want you to know something before we do this, Tom. I'm a virgin."

I didn't see this coming and it took me by surprise. I sat up slightly and asked, "But, didn't you date in college?"

Rolling to her side and taking me with her, Laurie smiled and said, "I dated guys in college, but I do not believe in casual sex, and like I told you before Tommy, I gave my heart away a long time ago to a beautiful little boy in Texas."

By this time, my manhood had given rise to being more erect than ever before, and because of the fact that both our naked bodies were intertwined in one another's, I knew that there would be no turning back, nor would there ever be another woman in my life but Laurie. I rolled her onto her back, gently climbed between her legs, and per Laurie's okay, slowly entered her, our eyes locked in a passionate embrace. As we began another dance that was older than time itself, I felt fulfilled and realized that I was making love with my soul mate. But, all good things must come to an end and this was no different. However; whether it was coincidence or divine purpose, we reached our pinnacles together, becoming one and simultaneously releasing the pent up passion kept hidden away for so many years.

Afterward, I lay next to her and her to me, both trying to regain our breath when Laurie leaned across me, and with tears filing her eyes, said, "Tommy, I love you so much, baby, I'll love you forever," and then collapsed, breathing contentedly against me.

"I love you too, my angel," I replied, my arm around her with her body tightly against me, knowing that I was holding the most precious of all God's creations in my arms. I relished in the feeling of my heart being so full it was about to burst. Laurie and I said few words to one another for the rest of the time spent in my bed that morning. We simply held one another, staring deeply into each other's eyes. Our tender touches and silent gestures more than made up for the lack of conversation between us, and from that moment on; we needed only to listen to our hearts to hear one another. Now I was bound to her and she to me, and the terrible memories of my time in the Navy were nothing more than fading shadows of the past, leaving me smiling and at peace, once again.

When we finally got out of bed, I followed her down the stairs realizing I would never grow tired of looking at her beautiful naked butt. Even though we had just finished making love, my hunger for her would never be satiated, and catching me smiling at the thought of it as well as staring at her ass, Laurie suddenly turned around grinning and said, "Whatcha lookin at, you sexy thing?"

I reached over, and while gently caressing her butt, pulled her against me and replied, "I'm looking at most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my life."

"I love you, Tommy," Laurie breathed into my ear; causing chills to run down my spine and a hardness that began to sprout below.

Laurie looked down at what was "developing" below our waists and, giggling, said, "Man, you'd think that it had a brain of its own, huh?"

I laughed and, teasingly, replied, "Isn't that what all women think?"

Laurie laughed very animatedly and said, "Yes! That's what I've been told but I never believed it until I saw it with my own eyes." Then, in a gentler tone of voice added, "Seriously though, Tommy, I meant what I said about loving you forever!"

I gently caressed her cheek with the palm of my hand and said, "I know Laurie, and by all that's holy; I swear that I'll love you until the day I die and then for an eternity afterward."

She smiled tenderly and then, after gently kissing my lips, said, "C'mon sexy lets get something to eat."

We ate breakfast in the nude that morning, stopping only to feed one another bites of food and to share a tender kiss after every other bite. When we were done, Laurie wouldn't let me do anything as far as cleaning up after breakfast. Instead, I was content to sit and watch her as she gracefully moved through the kitchen. Every slope, every feminine jiggle, every gentle curve of her naked body was like food for a hunger that would never be satisfied, making certain that I would be forever be held captive by her beauty. I was watching her as she bent over to load the dishwasher when, looking at me upside down from between her legs, Laurie giggled and said, "I hope your enjoying the view over there."

"Oh, you can rest assured that I am, my love," I said, as I rose to my feet and walked over to stand behind her.

She stood and rubbed against the front of my body with her back. While snaking her arm up and around my neck, she leaned over and, gently rubbing her bare behind against my bare groin, kissed my lips and breathed, "I'll never get tired of you holding me like this, Tommy."

1...7891011...14