All Comments on 'Falling in Love Bit By Bit'

by HLD

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
ScarletKScarletKalmost 16 years ago
Wow!

That story had everything I want in a human/android affair! Sultry & intelligent - a wicked combination. I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
AWESOME

The best I have ever read. It has the erotic, the robotic, the human, all wrapped up in a story that left me hanging. So when does the next installment come out. Nice cliff hanger at the end.

DaniellekittenDaniellekittenalmost 16 years ago
Excellent

I loved every word. Great job

DRSPEAKDRSPEAKalmost 16 years ago
Excellent Sci-Fi

Outstanding piece of writing. A X-rated I-Robot. Great story telling skills with a strong analysis of the human condition. Is this a series or a one-shot performance?

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
GREAT READ!

Excellent character development and story line. The story poses questions as to what is life and sentience. Additionally, it is very entertaining along the way. Keep writing!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
fantastic

omg fantastic story . . .

this story ranks right up at the very top of the stack of stories exploring the deeper side of robot/human relationships and interactions . . right up along side of Chobits, HM4000, and the movie A.I.

very very well done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 16 years ago
Glad to see you are still writing as inspired

I've been checking back, hoping you'd write something else...this is quite good! thank you very much..

woodcutter2woodcutter2almost 16 years ago
damn good read--

I often see stories over 5 pages and think oh no, its rare that I get to the last page and wish this story was bigger.

I enjoyed the story; this is as good a story as those I see on the book shelf, in the top 10 fiction. (Oh I wish it wasn't fiction, lol ) I am bored of conspiracy theory and the search for lost treasure or secrets left by the ancients. This was very refreshing.

Interesting enough, whilst reading this on an erotic story site, the erotic sequence was good, but was only a small section of a good story, rather than being the story.

The science described and the technologies are all reasonable in theory (some levels not yet attained).

This is to be a favourite, no doubt it will be for a long time. Well done

scylla23scylla23almost 16 years ago
Outstanding!

Loved it!! Your other stories have shown you to be an excellent writer; your SF stories show that you also have a firm grasp of the conventions and terminology of that genre. What's next, maybe a Western?? :-) Thanks for writing!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
Wow!!! All the way

Super good storyline. Although not much sex scene but it was wonderfully written. You got a winner here HLD. I would suggest you get an agent and get it publish and then make it into a movie. This story reminds me very much of 'Blade Runner' starring Harrison Ford and Rachel something-something. Do it HLD. It will make you not only rich but will bring your work to life!

mellowmelmellowmelover 14 years ago
Yes!!

Fabulous story. You reminded me of Piers Anthony's Total Recall: it flowed smoothly, was exciting, and I loved the science of your fiction. Hope you keep finding time to write!

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
What can one say?

Another excellent story, written with imagination and feeling. Miriam, in becoming less robotic, encounters the same kind of uncertainty humans have when confronted with ambiguous circumstances.

Thanks for a great story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Wow!

This is a spectacular story. It should be receiving more attention on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
wonderful story

it was--but if it had had a steady downfall of rain throughout, it could have been "bladerunner II " . what a line. who gives the new bot instructions? does her conscience and awareness grow? this needs a sequel.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
what great imagination and storytelling!

please write a sequel!! :)

DawnJDawnJabout 11 years ago
An interesting twist...

...on erotica. Sci-fi gone carnal. :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
What a story !!

Great writing !

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
so fluid...

I can picture a movie award.

Just started reading your work today and it looks like will be doing lots of it this week. Thanks for sharing. Really enjoyed this story and looking forward for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Excellent stuff

Please carry on the good work

elrayo41elrayo41over 10 years ago
EROTIC SCI-FI WHO WOULDA THUNK IT?

This is some of the best writing I have read from any source.

You are one talented story teller my friend.

CONGRATULATIONS

El Rayo 41

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Thank you!

I love sci-fi romance, ones with compelling plots and great writing, and both are in short supply. I really enjoyed this story, and I'm checking out your other works as soon as I'm done.

manlycheemanlycheeabout 10 years ago
incredible

perfect title. amazing story in just 5 pages! excellent sci fi, would be a great movie idea!!

i wished there could be more to read of this story, please :)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
the ending

It broke my heart you bastard. And it was absolutely brilliant.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

wow what a story please if possible another chapter

dinkymacdinkymacalmost 10 years ago
Great story!

Thanks for sharing.

Tw0Cr0wsTw0Cr0wsabout 9 years ago
one of the best

This is one of the best.

That partition with A617.D?

Humans have the equivalent, what some call our "lizard brain", where our base survival instincts are located.

So even in that she is more "human" than she thinks.

JasonRTaylorJasonRTayloralmost 9 years ago
Fan.Freaking.Tastic!

You did it again!

Is there a genre you cannot master?

I'll happily keep reading to find out ;)

Jason

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Just Missed

Somehow I just couldn't connect with any of the characters so I found that I didn't really care. Without that it didn't matter that the story was well written, the characters well defined an consistent, dialog, grammar...

A detailed story, well told, and in the end it wasn't very involving at all.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
You just had to do it didn't you?

You couldn't let it end on a positive, romantic, hopeful note. Instead you gave it a little twist. Just enough to raise doubts. So many doubts and so questions.

brilliant !!!

well played !!!

JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEover 8 years ago
Asimov would shit !!!

I am a sci-fi junky,have been for nearly 60 years started out with Asimov's Foundation series,moved on to Doc Smith's garbage finally got hooked on Hinlien's military sci-fi graduated to Drake and Sterling and Williamson's,but your story is by far the best I have ever read . . .Asimov would shit (and so would Dr Susan Calvin).

Don't stop here,let's see some more this has all the earmarks of a great series.

roveroneroveronealmost 8 years ago
Also a 'WOW' !

Great very engaging story!

Like Jaunty... Also a lifelong sci-fi fan...

One of the best ever....

rightbankrightbankalmost 8 years ago
Had to come back to visit this one

I love a good story. One that leaves you thinking. A story just like this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Great Story

Compelling, creative, and well written. And it completes the circle by leaving a question at the end. Keep it up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
awesome

great plot, well written, a wonderful read

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
sounds like the rain falling

in blade runner. who is who? what is a what?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Robot and Man: The Perversion of the Heart

Another robot-human relationship story. Nothing new though HDL puts in drama and suspense to move the story along.

Isaac Asimov’s Three Laws of Robots does not apply here. Lots of possibilities.

Howard Campbell could be named after John W. Campbell who shaped sci-fi for the readers’ enjoyment.

Shame on HDL for not providing a sequel for his readers. Not nice to leave them hanging.

The story has a single focus. Expand the scope with subplots which become plots.

HDL, rewrite, edit and polish your story and sequel.

That’s how Sci-Fi Grandmasters are thusly honored by their works.

Best of luck in your endeavors.

jkon77jkon77almost 3 years ago

A really amazing story.

Very well balanced, with lots of suspense.

Just enough sex to justify it being in Literotica, but obviously not the focus of the story.

A very nice ending.

I wish many years of hapiness to Holland and his companions, and a beautiful road of self-discovery to Miriam and Marianne.

Many thanks to the author for sharing his time, imagination and talent with us.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow, one of the best AI stories I have read so far... And all this in 5 pages. Amazing. 6 stars.

ErocratErocratalmost 2 years ago

Well written, cleverly plotted, emotionally strong (or so I think, I think), and seriously engaging. Outstanding work.

PurplefizzPurplefizz6 months ago

As a SciFi reader out there in non-Lit world, imho this is exceptionally well conceived and executed (pun intended), this is a story that encapsulates that which Star Trek NG attempted with the Data/Lor characters, but did it clumsily with an emotion chip. Nicely done HLD, Asimov would have approved I think.

Regards Ppfzz, 5⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userHLD@HLD
2/12/22 All 10 parts of "Super Friends With Benefits" have now been posted. This has been an interesting story to write. I started this as a stroke story with a little bit of a new angle I haven’t written before, but then a love story broke out. Along the way, I chose to ...

SIMILAR Stories