All Comments on 'The Non-Standard Man Ch. 20'

by MissPrim

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Kudos, counsellor.

IsanaIsanaabout 9 years ago
Enjoyed both the story and the presentation

There were some errors here and there, but not enough to detract from the experience overall. The dialogue in the courtroom could use some more descriptions as to who is saying what, because it gets confusing otherwise.

I'm torn between suggesting some more fleshing out and enjoying this as it is, but this is good enough with its fast-paced story that's easy to digest in bite-sized pieces.

Definitely looking forward to what you'll come up with next, so I hope you still feel like writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wonderful story

Great premise plot and writing! So sad this was the last chapter - perhaps another story featuring Andrew is on the cards....??? Either way im looking forward to reading whatever else you write. Thank you MissPrim it was fab. peach fish xxx

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wonderful

Thank you :)

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 9 years ago
I wanted to love it but

it was just too rushed. More action was packed into this chapter than the last five or six combined. So much happened that I couldn't enjoy it. Regardless, I liked the story overall and I'm glad there was a happily ever after for the characters.

MissPrimMissPrimabout 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks!

I truly appreciate your comments and support. Every story is a learning adventure for a writer, and this one is no different. Each MC, Evaline, Andrew and Roger was a challenge to develop, and the plot, with its twists and turns, the most complicated I've written. In the next rewrite I'll tweak the little and not so little things that annoy me.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

"it was just too rushed. More action was packed into this chapter than the last five or six combined. So much happened that I couldn't enjoy it."

Okay. I agree. I probably need at least three more chapters to cover that epilogue. That will have to wait on the rewrite, and when I publish (e-indy or whatever) the revised book. And that's a definite plan. (Oh yes, there are publishers who will published "previously published" work. I have my eye on a couple of them.) Don't worry, if I go Kindle I'll have a special promo code for my Lit readers so you can get the revised story without shelling out the full price. Check out my blog MissPrimm dot com for announcements.

Happy reading!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
great story!

and I don't think it lost anything by not having sex (though it couldn't hurt). Job well done. If you are not a professional writer then you certainly should be. Great character and story development

MissPrimMissPrimabout 9 years agoAuthor
Again Thank You!

Because of all your wonderful support The Non-Standard Man Ch. 20 placed first in the February Reader's Choice for February 2015!

Wow! And wow! (Happy dance)

Now how do I put this on my resume? Hmmmm.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Upon reflection

Great story very entertaining

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Wow! This is really great! If only it had a continuation, I would gladly read it also. Its an amazing story. Thank you author for this. :))

sithonsithonalmost 9 years ago
Good story

An interesting universe. I don't think that true AI would have emotions but you never know . If the proccesors of his brain were something like an e-prom and it evolved some sort of weird form of emotion. Well done!

MissPrimMissPrimalmost 9 years agoAuthor
Sithon-Thank You

Thank you for your kind words regarding my story. Yes, I didn't discuss Andrew's programming much except that Cicily used trauma to randomize his programming to create sentience. She wasn't going for emotions, but randomizing the programming led to them. In the back of my mind was the idea that experiencing the artificially created trauma about Jason led Andrew to ignore this part of his program. When he found safe emotional harbor with Evaline the emotions came out.

Now in RL I have no idea if this is possible. I do know, from having to troubleshoot RL problems with a large database that for some programs it doesn't take much for them to start acting weird.

Were Andrew's emotions real? In humans emotions are the result of the brain's interactions with the chemical responses of the body. If something is pleasurable the brain releases chemicals that reinforces a desire to experience more pleasure. For AI's this wouldn't be possible. But if you remember part of Andrew's programming required him to do things that pleased humans until the tasks were satisfactorily completed. His behavioral reward was to stop doing a task. It was this twisted bit of code that laid the groundwork for everything else. At least that was the logic my writer's brain created.

Thanks for reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you

This was an absolutely fantastic reading.

WlljamWlljamover 8 years ago
Thank you!

I loved the story and the plot you built it around. Thanks very much for such an enjoyable read. Cheers

LadyPartsLadyPartsover 8 years ago
What a page turner! John Grisham move over!

I happened upon your story and almost didn't read it. I thought it would be a femdom story...not my cuppa. But wow oh wow what a fabulous story!

A legal thriller set in futuristic, post apocalyptic USA! Can you get any ballsier than that? And you pulled it off so brilliantly. All the characters came alive but you made a robot endearing. You philosophized about how the culture might change if robot lovers became the norm, which I found chillingly believable.

I feel badly that I didn't leave any comments on your previous chapters, but once I finished the first chapter I was NOT going to stop reading until I got to the end.

Fabulous story!

muze1602muze1602about 8 years ago
A fine complex read

Really enjoyed this story. A complex plot, great legalese detail, great defined and strong characters, enough sexual variation to keep it interesting and a happy ending. Cool!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Very entertaining!

Usually I don't read Sci-Fi sex stories cause most of them deal with superpowers and other little-boy-crap. But this one - I was amazed in every sense of the word. Intelligent plot and proper writing. Cool!

Tom

P.S.: You sure know your Isaac Asimov and/or Stanislaw Lem ;)

manlycheemanlycheeabout 8 years ago
great story

intriguing scifi concepts, distinct chars, plot twists and much more. completed.

the best

AlaninSFAlaninSFalmost 8 years ago
A Wonderful Novel

Usually I find that scifi is written for teenage boys. The Non-Standard Man deals with the complex issues surrounding artificial intellidence in a mature and thoughtful manner. It has fleshed out characters and an interesting plot. The sex scenes are well wtitten and should be a turn on for readers of any gender.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The Non-Standard Man Part 2?

I loved it! I realize its been a year since this was originally posted, but gosh I need more. Sequel?

MissPrimMissPrimover 7 years agoAuthor
Dear Anonymous

It's always gratifying to know that someone read and enjoyed some of writing. I thank you for that. Very much..

Because I've what I've done here I've been able to go on to a very busy career of ghostwriting romance (read spicy romance novels.) Sadly I have limited time for my own projects and those are on another end of the spectrum. So, there are no immediate plans for a sequel in the near future. Sorry.

DryhillDryhillabout 7 years ago
Thank You

Thank you for a great story. Yes, as some commentators have said, the last few chapters were a little rushed, but it did not stop this being a really good read.

I hope you will write some more in this vein, I am particularly fond of dominant robot stories (male or female submissives), but don't want it all about sex, so a good plot involving a robot and his/her slave(s) would be gratefully and eagerly read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
A masterpiece

I am not new to Literotica and I've read some tale which I consider to be perfect... And despite not being the biggest fan of some of the aspects in your stories, I can confidently say that this series is not only one of the best I came across, but also in my top three. Your ability to portray feelings and drama are astonishing, in a very erotic and down to earth manner.

I really hope that you will honor us with more tales :)

MissPrimMissPrimalmost 7 years agoAuthor
To Anonymous 6/10/2017

Thank you for your very kind compliments. A writer likes to know when someone enjoys a story. I am mostly happy with how this story turned out.

I intend to put up more pieces on Literotica, but as I've said before, I'm in demand for ghostwriting romances. Sad to say, my time is limited and if I write something erotic it has already been bought.

But I'm working on another SF romance, one that I can't seem to stop writing, so some of my readers here might like it. I'm going to indie publish it though, so you'd have to check my website to find out more about that.

Again, thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the best stories I've read on this site in a very, very long time. A sample of lots of different kinks, blindfolds and bondage, MM, MF, reverse harem. Also a wonderful basic story. That more than anything else was the best feature, the erotic scenes were the basis of the story. Good job.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMissPrim@MissPrim
243 Followers
Annoyingly cheerful in the morning. Thankfully, that wears off by the end of the day. Have no cats, 4 adult children, and no boyfriends. Hmmm, something is not quite right here. Writing is my day job.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES