All Comments on 'Along Came A Spider Ch. 04'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 35 Comments
tranzmanytranzmanyover 7 years ago
My Guess

Wow! That was just as wonderful as one should come to exlect reading this master piece you have spun. It was also sad and heart wrenching, well maybe as I kinda refuse to accept any death for sure until you in your writing ways confirm the deaths. Now for my guess, I should have been taking notes this whole time then I'd be able to give you my reasoning. Ive spent most of my time reading over the past few months with the idea that the consultant is Tomas P Cook, although recently I have extended my suspect list to include Pastor Westborough & President Wellman. If it is one of these three I will be thrilled... more so than I usually am. Thank you for this wonderful chapter, next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dead coming alive?

I know this sounds far fetched, but I think one of the Dead man was not truly dead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The Consultant

WWM, great collection of stories from you.. very very enjoyable and been looking forward to your postings every other day. Not a big fan of incest/swinging, but in my view it's a small part not deterring from enjoying the great storyline and who-dunits. Please keep writing. Hope you keep Don as your protagonist in future series too.

Pastor Westboro is the consultant, reasons:

1. It's a male. You've referred to "him" for too long.

2. He's a local guy, every one of his acolytes is able to meet him in person and are carrying out his orders within the hour.

3. The lady who is secretary at the council has a sex tape of him as "insurance" for her life. Going by the very casual sexual environment portrayed in this series, only a pastor would be afraid of a sex tape undermining his community standing.

4. This guy is linked to Jonas Oldeeds organization from before.

weatherman70weatherman70over 7 years ago
consultant

I cannot believe you would kill off the Iron Crowbar's family. that was not needed, but hopefully what Cindy saw was a miss and they are in hiding. I have two people in mind for consultant, Dr. Wellman or Pastor Westboro.

dapidapiover 7 years ago
Guessed long ago

Long ago I made the guess that it was Dr Wellman. My post was removed at that time-possibly because I had let the cat out of the bag. All the evidence points to the doctor; his relationship with Julie Newton, his dislike of dogs and his backdoor dealings that were revealed over the course of the story.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 7 years agoAuthor
comments on your comments

dapi, your message would not have been removed for guessing (correctly or incorrectly), so if it was removed then it was for other reasons.

Also, I'll continue to write stories. Who will our hero(es) be? Ah, that'll be revealed soon... two more stories to go to finish this "year"... guess I better go write them... :-)

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
ECM - a stinger, against a modern AirForce transport aircraft, really?

They're so very '80s, and this is what, 30-ish years later? They may as well have been throwing rocks at the plane. So, the ICs family is decidedly not dead. The emotion from Don is all wrong for them being dead too. He is nowhere near debilitated enough - nor for long enough for me to buy into that. The whole Laura taking the kids away permanently thing - that was all right out of the CIA stage-craft handbook. Those bugs were spotted very easily moment after they were placed (did you forget that Laura's assistant is also CIA and routinely watches the camera feeds AND runs her own bug sweeps?) Why else was the big-dicked stud killed off? Wanna bet there are some tapes of his coerced "confessions" around?

So, Don, our IC here, is STILL one step (at least) ahead of his quarry.

Rest easy folks, all is still right with the world, and the turbulence is just a necessary part of the ride to endure.

As for who the Consultant is...I like the Rev. Westboro speculation, it is well founded, but I'm discounting Wellman because what would a University President like him be doing out there in Apple Grove for his next act? No, not Wellman. Westboro fails the same test. Now, our too-hot-headed politician friend there's a possibility, but I get the nagging feeling that he's a false-front, a circus clown put out there for our amusement and distraction. It's the mayor.

dapidapiover 7 years ago
Stories are always appreciated

Been following your stories for some time, I don't appreciate the cliffhangers-too much Flash Gordonish to my liking, but I keep coming back.

I'd just like to bring up one relevant point about the FIM-92 Stinger D. They are still in use, still very effective and are sold to a lot of 3rd World military units as well as insurgents. They are the most available ManPad on the blackmarket and have the basic IR and UV packages onboard. They can be spoofed, it's not easy but can be done if you use a pulsed laser to burn out the optical sensors. Experienced jet pukes usually throw chaff, light off flares and run like hell if they see them being fired.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
NEVER FORGET THE SPIDER

and the reasons they spin the web, TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow

Read this last night before bed, could not go to sleep at all. Can't believe that Laura and the kids were killed. I keep hoping that it was not the case, but a misdirection by Laura to protect her and the children. She seems to smart to put herself at risk, but we shall see.

What a build up and we have no real idea what the IC had in mind for the Consultant.

WW what a great job in creating the confrontation, can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
And the Consultant is .......

Dr. Wellman (much as it surprises and disappoints me, as he has SEEMED helpful to IC)

Why? Combination of clues plus elimination of others

1) Consultant has to be smart, knows his way around computers - that applies to Wellman

2) Cool under pressure (also applies to Wellman, eliminates Thomas P. Cook)

3) Knows powerful people (Consultant needs to know them to establish his web and as Univ bigwig, Wellman would know these people, as he knows Jerry Jones)

4) likes money (eliminates Westboro)

5) erudite and refined (applies to Wellman)

6) invited Newton aka Sinon to one of his parties, and spent some private time speaking with her. (Otherwise why would he invite Newton to one of his parties for the elite? Either that, or it's a red herring, but he did talk with her one-on-one) BIG clue

7) Calculating, logical

8) More Moriarty-like than anyone else (and we have had many Sherlock Holmes references)

9) Likes sex, like the Consultant

10) Will "cut and run" when the going gets tough (he dumped his lover, Tanya, when she was paralyzed) - similar behavior to the Consultant.

11) Cold-hearted (see above with Tanya) - as the Consultant (apparently) killed IC's wife and kids

12) Is able to converse normally with IC, even though he hates IC with a passion (which I'm guessing is an act to prevent his identity from being discovered)

luv2read2

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 7 years agoAuthor
Love the guesses... BUT...

Love the guesses, some right, some wrong. But no one seems to have found the Easter Eggs (a.k.a. the cluuuuuuues) I left to identify the Consultant of Crime.

The next story, revealing the identity of the COC, is submitted. Should be out in a few days...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Pastor

Raymond westboro is the consultant..he has shown himself to be very artful at negotiations in the town council meetings..says very few things..has no wife..religious leanings have turned him into hating african americans..always votes against the crowbar..I reckon the consultant would not let the opportunity of being on the town and council meeting go..too much of narcissist..adele pebody got something on him through one of those meetings..can't figure out why he hates dogs though and that method of disposing off the body..dont remember when the consultant did that..I reckon it is the biggest clue yet to his identity..btw an excellent plot WW..really enjoyed it..

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Keep your friends close and your enemy closer

Follow the sherry

BigDog167BigDog167over 7 years ago
Not sure.

I have 2 guesses but I am not sure so will keep my mouth shut and enjoy the ending of the COC. Just glad I got Newton right. Pretty sure the wife and kids are fine and I know how they did it. It involves the second blip.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wife and kids

Based on a comment made by Cindy, I don't think IC's family is dead. We will conformation when the story continues.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
C of C

I agree Rev. Westboro. Every black in the Community will be in church to welcome their guest. That will set him off. Also, remember to secret back door to the church. I'm sure the IC has had that under surveillance. Nobody's dead, it's part of the trap. Oh; it has been fun. I still think Black arresting officers would be very appropriate!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bravo

First I believe that Laura and the kids are just fine, with Don and Laura knowing bugs were planted in her office and in his SUV. I believe the whole thing to be a bit of play acting for the benefit of the Consultant and his minions. The death of the treasonous satyr and the second blip are the clues to that being the case.

Most of the clues as to who the Consultant are seem to point to Dr. Sidney Wellman; the strange meeting with Julie Newton, the close friendship with Henry Wargraves, the ties in between the college, state and CIA, the death of the Jewish CIA doctor under the campus (which is in an early story series in this saga and I believe is the death Crowbar was referring to), how much the social life of the elite in Town & County seems to revolve around the parties Dr. Wellman and his wife throw, the use of the tunnels connecting the campus to the hotel in the attempted murders of the Widow Oldeeds and Teresa Croyle during her race, the mentioning of what he had other people do to Tanya Perlman who was at one time falling in love with him & what those same people did to Pete Feeley's mother, etc...

There are some incidents that could look like clues to some readers that could suggest the Consultant is Pastor Westboro, mostly involving the use of his church for various things, his position as the "voice of reason" on the Council and his closeness to the Oldeeds Group. However, the overwhelming weight of evidence points to Dr. Sidney Wellman being the Town's Puppet Master. Also if the Consultant was Westboro, I would think the whole conversation about Judas not being forgiven would come up during the impromptu meeting between the Consultant and the Crowbar up at the Cabin, that Todd Burke and Teresa Croyle overhead.

sdc97230sdc97230over 7 years ago
Can't help thinking...

That Teresa and Todd would not find any of the people who have been named in peoples' guesses all that hard to believe. So CoC has to be someone most readers will think is above suspicion and whose name hasn't been bandied about by characters as potential suspects. Muscone, perhaps...or Griswold.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Armed forces

The past incidents of the armed forces ditching has given rise to the CofC today.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
C of C

Could it be the Deputy Director of the F.B.I? There have been repeated references to Dame Agatha Christie whose writing style was often frustrating to this old reader because she would introduce a character in chapter 2 who then played no part in the unfolding story until 2 or 3 chapters BEFORE the end. That "sleeper character" re-appeared and had "key" information or was the culprit.

WW's style of emulating Sir Arthur Cannon Doyle's "observation and deductive reasoning" paths with key points throughout a story (and the frustration of NOT recognizing them) could not fathom the "why" of referring to Dame AC unless maybe it was to alert we bewildered readers that there was a "twist" a foot. Just one old man's opinion.

BigDog167BigDog167over 7 years ago
I do not know who it is but

pretty sure I know who it is not. He has to have an office on the town square from a few chapters ago. Pretty sure that rules out Westborough and Wellman. Of the two Westborough is more likely but I am thinking it is the sheriff or the mayor. The sheriff married Don's ex who is racist and I do not believe she would marry someone who is not after Don.

Hopefully the next chapter goes up soon so that we can see.

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 7 years ago
I'm not sure who...

I really suspected Wellman, even Cook

and the Reverent, but I could be

wrong. Teresa and Todd seemed quite

surprised and their incredulity re.: the

Consultant's identity is a intriguing clue...

I'm sure we, the readers, are in for a shock.

I think Laura and the kids are

safe, due to some agile misdirection-

2 blips meeting in the air,

transponder codes switching at the

instant their paths cross with heading

changes- I hope it was a drone that

got shot down.

Man, the suspense is killing me!

I'm so looking forward to the next chapter!

Thank you, WW!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Suspense

These few days waiting have been like Christmas Eve in childhood. All along I thought that it was Wellman or Allgood. But I am expecting a surprise like this illustrious author rarely fails to provide.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
doesnt make sense

see no reason he couldnt go ahead and kill the consultant, no problem with the sheriff of course he needs several doses of Neds special first.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Await

Await in anticipation of the story being published. While we see the biography is updated with the next series, the site administrators seem to be enjoying the torment of readers and delaying the next part :-)

covenant_mancovenant_manover 7 years ago
Still not sure.

I got Julie as Sinon, but I still don't have a lock on the consultant. I've been leaning towards Wellman, but any solid reasons elude me. Mostly its the way he played second fiddle to Wargrave. The other suspects are more front and center in their activities, while Wellman is always in the background. It just seems consultant-y to me.

I do think that Don's family is fine. The leaving and the wreck were all a ploy. They knew the office was bugged, and that the consultant would make a move. Can't wait for the next installment!!

bbarto1900bbarto1900over 7 years ago
clue

in reinchenbach chapter 2, page 3 henry wargrave who was as identified as "moriarty" claims to love dogs,, he is hiding as wellman's house while the Dr is out of town. "Sidney was not at home last night, but he is still doing what he does best, pulling all the strings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Random thoughts

I don't think it is a councilman. Didn't our C o C have the "Anonymous" mask on outside while a council meeting was going on a while back and then Don dropped off the mask in the C o C's office? (Guessing his second house where he conducted his business meetings)

Also, didn't an early chapter almost have Sheriff shot by one of the C o C plans only to be saved by Melina's sharp shooting? (Removes Allgood)

Wellman fits the mold but I could see WW throwing us a curve ball. Also guessing that is why Wellman would want to get rid of the EMTs since the University picked up that business.

How long does it take from when you submit a story to when it is available? There is a post from you on 9/3/16 and it is 1:20am 9/8/16. The suspense is killing me and I can't find any other authors that hold my attention after being sucked into your series just 6 months ago. So glad I didn't find your work till recently. The wait would have been too much.

Thanks, JP

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
IT'S THE MAYOR

C O C is the mayor of the town!

Firmhands5Firmhands5over 6 years ago
Brutal

So graphic - the twists and turns - certainly a gripping tale!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Continuity

Why the hell cant you finish a story?m

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Cook is too obvious, Wellman a possibility but not high. Possibly one of the 2 clergy, Westboro or Patterson?

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

Re my last comment Patterson doesn't live there so I'm betting on Rev Westboro with an ouside bet on Colby

chytownchytown11 months ago

*****Good story. Thanks for the read.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES