Another Unfaithful Wife Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jane stopped speaking and took a slow sip of wine, thinking that Linda might want to say something, but it was obvious that Linda was struggling with her thoughts.

"Linda, as you know, Gary and I talk a lot. For the record, we've only been intimate four times, including last Tuesday. That's hardly comparable to your 24 times with Brendan.

"Using some of the techniques that I learned when I took classes in psychology, I began asking Gary questions that helped him remember more and more of what happened in the years immediately after he had started his business. I think that he was somewhat startled by some of the memories that we brought to the surface from his subconscious mind that he hadn't paid attention to at the time when they happened. We finally came to the conclusion that about six months after he had started his consulting business, while he was struggling to keep it alive, you lost your respect for him and expected him to fail."

Jane looked inquiringly at Linda who seemed lost for words for a moment because she never considered that her own actions might be questioned.

She was subdued as she answered, "I don't really know. It was a long time ago. But I don't think your conclusion is correct. I admit I was afraid that his business, in which we had invested a lot of money, would go bankrupt. But otherwise I was a loyal and faithful wife until I met Brendan."

Jane couldn't help but to smile as Linda rationalized her actions, "Have you really forgotten how your sex life gradually disintegrated? Back then, you and Gary were making love at least twice a week and once, or even twice, over the weekend to satisfy you. But Gary realizes now that over time your sex life was declining in both quantity as well as quality. At some point, it was no longer 'making love' and was reduced to sometimes 'having sex'."

Linda was flabbergasted that Jane had opened Gary's memory finding facts she had long forgotten. Facts she really didn't like to remember. She looked at her guest and felt a sudden fear that Jane seemed to be able to read her like an open book. She decided honesty was the advisable course of action.

"Jane, I must admit you're very good. I wish I had understood back then that I was allowing Gary to slowly fade from my mind as an exciting bed partner. I still had orgasms with him over the years, but I sometimes faked them as well. I have no clue how I let that happen — perhaps I was going insane. I'm fairly sure that my hormones were out of whack at the time I was 35."

Jane felt she had to stop that line of Linda justifying her betrayal. "Linda, you're a clever, intelligent woman. Don't try to sell me this line of bullshit. If you had cared for your husband and respected him, nothing like that would have happened. Hormones have nothing to do with the fact that you directed your sexual interests towards greener pastures.

"I believe you know July, Gary's secretary and PA, from company events where you were introduced to each other. They work very close together. They are close enough that Gary informed her about your affair three week ago. That gave her the freedom to tell him about your 'wandering eyes.' July is an observant woman who saw the desire in your eyes growing over the years when you were looking at other men and didn't think that anyone noticed. After she revealed how long you've been 'shopping' for a lover, the big mystery to all of us was why it took you so long to betray your husband. Feel free to enlighten me."

Linda couldn't believe how exactly Jane's analysis had captured her mental state years before Brendan. She almost stammered as she tried to justify her action. "Please believe me, I've never really intended to betray my husband. But over the years my fantasies of having sex with other men became stronger and my desire to have sex with Gary waned. As a consequence, my body didn't respond to him as much it used to and finally I blamed him for not being a good enough lover. I didn't realize at the time that it was my own fault. When I look at you and see how your face glows when you say his name, always saying it with respect, I assume he didn't leave you feeling cold."

"No Linda, not at all. He makes me hot every time I'm in his arms. I don't have to tell you how well endowed your husband is. I saw Brendan's equipment on the video and honestly, I wasn't impressed.

"Maybe this is the right time to tell you something about myself. I'm of Cuban ancestry so my light café au lait complexion is natural. My grandmother is a full-fledged Latina. My grandfather, who was an American, married her in Cuba when she was only fifteen and brought her to the States. My mother was born when my grandmother was seventeen. My mother also married an American man and had me at nineteen. That means my mother is still young at forty-nine and my grandmother at sixty-seven!"

Jane laughed a sweet laugh, "And I can assure you that both my grandparents and parents are still fucking like minks!

"They live not far from here, just an hour's drive by car. I visit them often. Unfortunately my two brothers are not as easy to see because they work abroad in the oil industry. They make oodles of money, though. I've a married uncle who works as a broker in New York City and an aunt who is married and lives in Kansas City where she is a stay at home mom. She has four kids. Unfortunately, unlike all of my female relatives, I'm not able to bear children because of a defect in my ovaries. I never wanted to have a donor ovum implanted in my womb. I'm happy just seeing my young pupils five days a week."

Linda's feelings as one woman to another broke through and she instinctively told Jane that she was sorry. Jane mouthed a thank you and told Linda the ball was now in her court.

The only thing that Linda really wanted at that moment was to get rid of Jane, but she knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Gary wouldn't give her up no matter what threats she made. So instead, she decided to appeal to Jane's honor and her conscience.

"Jane, I can't believe you would be satisfied being my husband's mistress your whole life. You already told me that he doesn't want a divorce — so I assume that means that I will be his wife forever. I don't think that is a very desirable prospect. I hope you can understand my concern."

"Linda, as I explained, I'm not your enemy and I'm not an intentional home wrecker. But none of us know what the future has in store for us. I love Gary to death and the only way I would give him up is if he told me to leave him alone. I would do it, despite the fact it would break my heart, because my only interest is Gary's happiness. You may call me a stupid woman to be willing to make such a sacrifice, but believe me he is worth it.

"And while it's true at the moment that he says he doesn't want a divorce, that could change when your children leave the nest. You could find yourself with a very empty nest when Gary is together with me. I would bet that he will be together with me more often than before once he doesn't have to worry about his kids. Look, Brad is eleven and Sandra thirteen so you can do the math. They are both good students and will be accepted to any university they want to attend. I've already created a college fund for them.

"Are you completely convinced that he wouldn't reconsider the divorce question when they leave? I'm not your enemy so I wouldn't pressure him to divorce you. Some day he will surely forgive you as long as you're a good and faithful wife to him and mother to your children; but he will also never forget. The pictures from your affair are burned into his memory forever.

"Finally I must confess — being his mistress doesn't bother me at all because we aren't doing it behind your back. You know about every second he is with me and you simply have to accept it. I want to give you a very serious advice that you don't try to compete with me in the bedroom. You'll lose because I like to make love with Gary in ways you never have taken into consideration to do it with your husband and also not with Brendan. Believe me, anal intercourse is only part of it.

"OK, so this is the moment of truth. Let's lay it all out. My preference, of course, is for you to divorce Gary so that I can marry him. My second choice is that we all live together in a bigger house with me as Gary's second wife. If neither of these options work out, then I will be happily Gary's mistress. I've already put an option on a house just half a mile away from here. He won't even have to drive and your children can visit me as well without crossing a street. By the way, don't think you can prevent them from getting to know me. Gary will have a long talk with them to make them aware of the changes at home. They are intelligent kids and can handle it. What do you think Gary's preference is?"

...to be continued.