All Comments on 'Emily 2.0 Ch. 08'

by velcrofist

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
wpgcrazywpgcrazyover 3 years ago

Ok, I like a LOT about this story and universe, it is well thought out and presents an interesting concept well. The only part I have a problem with is the lack of options for a very intelligent woman. How does she become a scientist or something like you talk about at the start, Madame Currie? You mention ability to go further to school if want, but the only thing they seem able to get into is filing and useless positions. Is boredom not a thing? Give an option to become something within the rest of the structure and I would appreciate it more. And I am a guy stating this.

CarnalvalCarnalvalover 3 years ago
Great chapter, love the world building

Great story telling, so many possibilities in the universe you're creating the more this story continues on, well done!

Look forward to seeing the different ways your storytelling moves on in the future, this series was well structured from the beginning is a rewarding read, thanks! :)

velcrofistvelcrofistover 3 years agoAuthor

Thank you again everyone!

wpgcrazy, yes well spotted. Their system has a few issues that cause incidental and unintentional discrimination in that regard. The first is that there's no financial incentive for women to go into careers because of the female welfare system, so they work mostly for the love of it and to meet men. Madison mentioned she wasn't paid for her work in the previous chapter (she mainly did it just for something to do), but on the other hand 4NR explained earlier that the artistic professions are dominated by women as a result of the system. Another aspect is that women's earlier adult years are usually tied up having a string of babies, which puts any careers on hold for up to 6 months every year or so.

The result of all that is that men don't often see women in positions of authority or in high-powered jobs so they rarely think to offer advancement to them unless they really stand out. That's the reason why the General hasn't offered anything more to Emily yet. She has to prove herself to him first and so far she hasn't offered much more than winner blowjobs. (Plus the military is a bit misogynistic). For women who do show a particular talent, aptitude or passion for a career though, they do get the jobs and no one has a problem with it when they do. It's just rare.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Interesting Agreement. I guess it works within the story and its universe, but I don't like how it's based on the presumption that men and women have fundamentally different natures. In that world, women give up so much more than men. Saying that men give up their “instincts” and work together to build a better world instead of destroying it, suggests that men love war and women are born pacifists.

This isn't negative criticism. The story is very entertaining. Just stating my opinion for what it's worth.

TalkSexyToMe2029TalkSexyToMe202911 months ago

Oh. The plot thickens. Still, that pesky notion of consent. I'll always favor the individual over the system and risky freedom over relative safety. That big ol lie of "social contract": Nobody signed it in the present times. What the ancestors decided shouldn't apply to the next generations, I don't care about the good intentions (they pave hell as everyone knows). No God, no Master (one more target on my hit list, sorry buddy Watcher). Self determination, fighting!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
uservelcrofist@velcrofist
I generally write stories with a reluctant ENF (embarrassed nude female) with public nudity & sex theme, but other things will creep in there from time to time, even a little femdom. One of the key elements of my plots is to imagine what a world would be like if certain bizarr...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Emily 2.0 Ch. 07 Previous Part
Emily 2.0 Series Info