All Comments on 'For Silence's Sake Ch. 07'

by KemMyst

Sort by:
  • 22 Comments
Iread2relaxIread2relaxabout 10 years ago
Lyssa?

I like Lyssa. I get it. She has had it hard. But seriously, Emmett didn't deserve that. She whined for the longest thinking he was done with her and then she snaps. Come on, he might walk for good and no one would blame him. Is she suffering from postpartum? Or maybe some type of mental illness. It's just a bit much.

Love this series and anxiously awaiting more. 5 stars.

ariesgirlariesgirlabout 10 years ago

Wow! Lyssa need to get it together.

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxabout 10 years ago
i only have two words for this...

OOOOOOOH SHIT......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Don't be so hard on Lyssa

I understand that you guys are really mad at her about her tantrums and stuff and this thing with Emmett. The thing about this story is, it revolves around her tantrums. Her misery is the plot point.

And she has had a pretty tough time. She lost a child. Her other child has disability that makes him vulnerable. Is she supposed to rejoice in any of this?

As to her treatment of Emmet, I think she's allowed the resentment. She needed his support and sympathy and company. He hid away from her for long hours and did something without her cooperation. What he did was sweet, but he could have done with her knowing about it. I bet she would chosen his company over a hideaway.

katgoddess1katgoddess1about 10 years ago

Good story! Even moody people are worth love.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
i don't understand...

the nay-sayers. Lyssa's reactions are completely understandable when taken in the context of grief, abandonment, and being totally lost. She loses yet another baby that she now must grieve for, her mate runs off doing God-knows-what all day and night, and she has no way to help her baby. She believes Emmanuel's issues are her fault, for various reasons, she wanted to do something - anything to make him happy because of her love for him, her desperation to make amends for her part in messing him up and not knowing how to help, and her grief for the loss of the dream of his "normal" werewolf life.

Emmet's abandonment was just too much. He left her to go through everything alone. His heart was in the right place, but he should've stayed with her - grieved with her, and let the pack build their retreat. They love Lyssa and Emmet. They would have done it in a heartbeat.

They should have a grief counselor for her, and have her read up on ways to help wolves with Emmanuel's condition. Meeting someone older who's lived with wolf deafness would be a great idea as well.

Looking forward to Sampson getting his head out. He needs to stop tormenting his mate.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago

Lyssa is mean and moody. I don't understand how Emmett even puts up with her.

cantfightfatecantfightfateabout 10 years ago
Lyssa is whiny, overly emotional and quite annoying but

it really makes sense. During times of crisis, people pull together and she's been essentially abandoned. No one understands how she feels because they're used to pack life. She's just gone through a personal loss, her work is more stressful than usual because of the council, her friends can't relate to her and her partner has been absent. She's alone. Alone in a group of people is almost worse that being truly alone.

Emmett messed up. She doesn't need Christmas, she just wants someone to rely on. The feeling of family, love and togetherness that Christmas brings is what she's seeking. Normal.

Despite this, I'm looking forward to the return of strong Lyssa. Right now she's so weak and needy, it's not much fun to read.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
No

We aren't hard on her. This is a huge adjustment. She had to literally drop everything. Her house is gone. Any old friends are pretty much out the question. Ronnie is still alive (unfortunately) so we understand up until a point. Emmett repeatedly tries with her and attempts to understand what she is going through but she doesn't open up. Then...when he tries too much she wants to lash out. He built you a studio for when the pack life gets rough as a damn surprise and she caught an attitude. She makes me want to repeatedly slam her head into a wall sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Can werewolves be put on Antidepressants?

Cause Lyssa needs some. Poor Emmette he tries so hard.

Is Thomas' human chick his mate? They've been together awhile.

Can't wait for the next chapter! I hope Lyssa doesn't do something stupid lol but then again would there be a good story in that ? Dunn Dun Dunnn....

nicintasnicintasabout 10 years ago
Buuuuut...

I love this story. I love all the characters. You are a great writer and I'll keep reading, BUT...I'm getting sick of Lyssa's imbalanced personality. She's been a Were long enough to be used to it, and being a member of a pack should continually help her to feel supported and content...!

Poor Emmett, he's such a great guy! He deserves better!

Looking forward to the next chapter .

Nicole

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Really like the story

But, Lyssa has been created as a spoiled, whining, insecure, self-centered bitch with almost no redeeming qualities. I'm quite interested to see how she can evolve to anything resembling a decent individual, assuming that is your intention.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
lyssa

Everyone beats her up and she deserves it. She's selfish and uncaring of everyone else who tries to help her. Its like she can't catch a break and everything is just too much for her. I love the characters tho.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
keep writing

More, please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
lyssa

Everyone beats her up and she doesn't deserve it. She's found herself becoming part of a different species, having children, being kidnapped and persecuted, killing in self defence, being attacked, posibly killing yet another, her pup is born impaired, she's basically powering through all her societies problems and has nearly single handedly created a council for the packs, after centuries of history. This isn't all, but just remembering it all I am sick and tired of all this trouble and I'm not even the one dealing with them, so when she needs her mate and he isn't there for her she is upset, so what, I would be too.

So you say Lyssa overreacts. What about Emett? What has HE done? REALLY. Apart from looking good and being nice and tender? He's just there for her while she deals with everything, and he doesn't even understand her stress so it's only fair that she blows up on him.Does that make her an insuferable selfish bitch? Isn't that perhaps a better definition for Erica? Even for Ronnie? For all the selfish fucks who can't keep their noses off of other's relationships?

The real problem here is that she isn't flawless, she isn't the superhero everyone, even i myself, expects and some can't beyond that, see that it's just part of being human, people are born, live, and die and in between they mess up oftentimes, some deal better, some worse, some blow a gasket, tough luck.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
WTF? Emmet abandoned Lyssa? Puuuuuulease

First who was willing to give up the pack for her? Who runs to her rescue every time she is in danger? Who stands by her and repeatedly tries to get her to open up, if not to him then to Jo, Maddy anyone just so that she knows that her moody ass is not alone.

no matter what the wolf does she blames and punishes him, She did not just become a wolf nor did this all happen overnight this has been years. Years of her not appreciating her mate. Years of her CHOOSING to close herself off and biting every had the reaches out to her. She IS NOT ALONE she needs a wake up call to realize that. Perhaps Emmet will walk away and really let her ass know what abandonment is. Her mate saw that she was stressed and needed an escape and BUILT IT! She keeps acting like it is all too much so he built her a stress free zone with his hands and he is the asshole? WTF? EVERYONE supprts and sorks to understand her ass. Stephanie who has been through far more is not as unappreciative as Lyssa. Hell she cuts Thomas more slack than her mate and her tried to rape her.

I guess Emmet should have crawled to her with his tail between his legs and said "I want to surprise you by building you something that will take a while and require my focus. Please pretend that you like it when you see it and don't treat me like shit for once?" Yeah right that is not BETA behavior, that would make him an OMEGA.

In a true pack she would have been made to heel a long time ago.I hope that one day she stops throwing away a good wolf because she simply refuses to trust and open up to him.

KemMyst I love the story and cannot wait to read the next chapter. But, I really wanna shake Lyssa sometimes.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
LYSSA

I think she is very selfish !!! Em tries his best but its never good enough.. I'm starting to not like her!!!

sweetone66sweetone66about 9 years ago
Ditto!

I agree with anonymous of 12/17/14... Lyssa is selfish and she is definitely self-centered. Miss Drama Queen herself... boohoo! Better straighten her up or she will no longer be the "heroine" of this series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I am sorry

Let me start by saying Thank You for sharing your passion with us.

Secondly, I do think it is ignorant of me never to have commented previously and am only doing so now because I am annoyed. I am sorry, but I can't help it.

I couldn't stop reading because I really like alot of the characters and want to see what happens with them, etc...

They haven't said if she has PTSD, I don't know anyone personally who has PTSD, I do know it is a real thing and have heard it can be unlike anything you can imagine unless you have experienced it personally, etc.

Lyssa is just pissing me off. I am getting sick and tired of her. I feel so sorry for the Pack Members and Emmett. That's all I am going to say, if I continue I will start to rant. She has so many that love her but it's like she can't see it. She has a Partner that loves her. She has a child that loves her. Okay, stopping now...

Thanks again for the story though. I am really glad Stephanie has found happiness. I just wish the same for Sampson and Shirley now. Plus I am surprised Cody's Mate got away with slapping an Alpha?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Total agreement!

I SOOOO agree with Anon's 11/14/16 comment. Lyssa is on my last nerve! She is a miserable human... wolf.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The situation stating that werewolves aren’t spiritual is an odd plot approach to take considering all the references to Selene/ Luna. If they weren’t spiritual then why refer to Selene/ Luna who are the Greek and Roman goddesses of the moon?

Again the comments surprised me but I suppose it’s a natural reaction, people tend to speak on impulse regarding what’s bothering them. Lyssa - how often has life shit on her? How often has she been or felt betrayed? It’s hardly surprising that after struggling with the council work, discovering her child is partially deaf, having a miscarriage, feeling isolated and abandoned by her mate to the extent she asked about the werewolf equivalent of divorce that she then lost her shit on discovering that her mate and others have been lying to her. It would feel like a cosmic joke that everyone kept secrets from the *not a real werewolf*. PTSD = a massive pit of despair, pain, guilt, feeling worthless and betrayal including the betrayal of your own mind against you.

Tess (uk)

StrixalucoStrixalucoabout 1 year ago

This time there's just no logic in Lyssa's behaviour. First it was PTSD, then apparently depression after giving birth. But frankly, concentrating on the white lie instead of the nice surprise isn't quite explained by anything. It feels totally unnatural.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous