All Comments on 'Grey Rock'

by Dalton402

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
sdc97230sdc972304 months ago

No expensive holiday destination for Michael. He's too good at getting to the root of people's problems quickly.

AardieAardie4 months ago

Not just a narcissist, but a full on sociopath. Her ex was lucky to get away. There should be some way to force the removal of the it.

carindenniscarindennis4 months ago

Shouldn't Michael be calling the ex and letting him know what's going on with Jack?

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc4 months ago

Do people like this really exist? I fear they may… 4.1*

300WSM300WSM4 months ago

Refreshing concept and good story

imhaplessimhapless4 months ago

Nice; and original; 5*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Well done. Except for one minor blip: it's either "your husband" or "Jack's father". Definitely not "Jack's husband".

DazzyDDazzyD4 months ago

Hello Dalton, I didn't know that you knew my ex-wife, 5.

technofrog2002technofrog20024 months ago

Wow that was intense, I loved it. Well written and appeared to very realistic. 5🌟

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The therapist has clearly defined, affirmative ethical and legal obligations to report the emotional, physical or sexual abuse of a minor to Child Protective Services. He did not. He should have his license revoked and could well face a criminal charge for failing his affirmative duty to report. Jack will have at least 3 years after he attains the age of majority to sue the therapist for malpractice, with the right to seek both compensatory and punitive damages.

Tomh1966Tomh19664 months ago

Wow AND something new. Winner.

R_GazinyaR_Gazinya4 months ago

Self reflection and empathy are emotions absent from a high level ‘Narcie’. Most healthy individuals will have no trouble recognizing a high level like Valerie. There are many levels of Narcissism with Covert or Vulnerable being the most difficult to recognize, but just as destructive. They all have very observable traits, if one knows what to look for. Unfortunately, most don’t have a clue until they are involved.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Very much interesting and realistic psychological analysis of the human behaviour, in particular about the insidious and toxic narcissism, that sadly is not so rare. This kind of "smart" hidden manipulation of other people behaviour, is so much blinded that some people got really badly hurt, and in the end something very brutal and dangerous can happen, when the abused people explode with their rage in an unexpected and violent way (sometimes against innocent people). This short and well written tale, is obviously open for an evolution and conclusion, in a possible second part. In the mean time, the due full rating fo this "educative" tale: 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

From the blinded selfishness grow the narcissism and all kind of evilness, where the lies are the normal way to build their own life destroying the other ones. These people are like parassites, like a cancer that live and grow destroying what they have all around. People should learn how to identify these human-parassites and to stay away from them, because leaving them alone without victims to eat, they die. Sadly, these kind of disgusting sub-human narcissistic people are able to hide their real evilness under a smiling and reassuring fake mask: they are smart and really dangerous. So, a great welcome to these kind of, very much useful, variants of the typical LW tales. 5 stars of course.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

"Do people like this really exist? I fear they may…"

-

Absolutely, and not just a few of them. This behaviour is well documented in Psychology and there are many interesting videos on Youtube about this problem. But their toxic behavior is strategically hidden, until it's too late to react and the damage is often unrepairable.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Is Michael a counselor-in-training -- an intern, of sorts? Was that the reason for having Helen appear in the story? Frankly, she seems to be a kinda freaky/eerie (Hyde/Jekyll?) presence, which makes no "therapeutic" sense to me!

The story has no "resolution" for its conflict, and I don't like that much (although I can visualize "counseling" validity for it). I'm sure the disgust I feel for "couples" like the one described here is also lowering my opinion, as well.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon4 months ago

This was disturbingly realistic and well-written.

m8rvlah15m8rvlah154 months ago

@Demosthenes384bc yes, even without the cheating and divorces necessary for this category, yes, such narcissists, manipulative persons, emotional vampires, etc. DO EXIST.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Wow, there's real food for thought here. My wife was abused as a child and whenever we're having a conversation she'd rather not be having she Grey Rocks me and she does it to others as well. It certainly gives me a new insight.

enderlocke77enderlocke774 months ago

loved it. but a shrink wouldnt have talked to the mother like that at least not in my experience. and unfortunately i have a lot in that area lol. and his shock was also a bit iffy unless he hasnt been a shrink for very long. hate myself for starting a sentence with AND but f it its just a comment lol anyway ty for the read as said loved it

PatricksonPatrickson4 months ago

I relished the thought and the effort that went into that story. Great drama, clever characters, well-told story. Thank you for sharing.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu4 months ago

Good tale.

Plot was well-thought of and story is overall well-written. Nice one @Dalton402.

BeBopper99BeBopper994 months ago

5* So sad for Jack and Kevin. That bitch is a classic narcissitic sociopath. Jack needs to move in with Kev.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x4 months ago

"you divorced Jack's husband" - Jack's father!

\

She keeps asking, "Don't you want me to be happy?" but she never worries about anyone else's happiness.

\

I'd say that Michael should contact Jack's father and offer to testify in a custody hearing, but Jack already had the chance to go with his father and turned it down.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Valerie's maiden name must be Trump.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sorry had to bail out. I don’t mind over the top (I love Sadfletramp’s stuff) but when the author’s therapist is too unbelievable to take seriously. And, the story isn’t presented as a parody. No score

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great start. And... ? Will Valerie find another victim? Will Jack begin to manipulate his peers for his own gain? Will Dave ever be found again?

26thNC26thNC4 months ago

Michael seems to be a very astute therapist. Frank and honest too. It would be a total waste of time, effort, and her money to try to fix that stone cold bitch. I doubt seriously that she would send old Jack back either. Great story.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy4 months ago

Great story! Jack probably needs to leave his mother and move in with his father. However, he may be too corrupted for it to do him any good.

5

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Except for Michael behaving unprofessionally, this wasn't a bad tale. Four stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

No winners in this story. Well, maybe the “new” husband who bolted.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I don't see the boy as corrupted. It's a fact of life that there is nothing more effective against a narcissist/manipulator than paying them with the same coin. Why would you do something less efficient that might end up giving them more ammo. You hurt the ones who hurt you, it's that simple. I guess the boy wasn't brainwashed to a forgive/forget and all that kumbaya mentality so that makes him corrupt somehow?

Chimo1961Chimo19614 months ago

She is just like 75% of women out there right now. Cold, calculating cuntz

inka2222inka22224 months ago

4 stars. Took 1 star off because I very much disagree with MC's assessment of the boy. He is NOTHING like his egg donor in all the important ways. First, his targets are only the people who deserve it and are guilty. He does not practice his tactics on the innocent. Second, his goal is JUSTICE, not self-gratification like the psycho skank.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion4 months ago

I couldn't really get into the story. The only thing I got out of the story was learning that the way to drive an antagonist crazy was by ignoring them had the name of Grey Rocking or the Grey Rock Method. Of course, the years I was developing this self-preservation method where many decades before the internet is the main reason. Other than that, as a therapist, Michael needs to go back to school. 3-stars.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbiman3 months ago

Excellent and funny, sad too

Kronos816Kronos8163 months ago

Excellent story,please do more stories with Michael in them.

BeBopper99BeBopper992 months ago

5* New terminology for future stories:: NARCISSITIC SOCIOPATH.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Excellent story. You nailed it!

jocko_smithjocko_smithabout 2 months ago

Awesome. More! More! Pretty please ?

Cito22Cito22about 2 months ago

Holy Crap. I consider myself an expert on here when it comes to authors who concentrate on BTB, RAAC and a mixture of the 2 stories, I am surprised i never came across this masterpiece of a story. I love the concept, i love the therapist Michael, I love the kid Jack, and I even love the excellently written character of the c**** mother /wife. simply great.

AnonymousAnonymous20 days ago

Please, use more contractions. Not using contractions for dialog makes it sound so fake.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDalton402@Dalton402
I have a weakness for happy endings. When people face the worst, no matter how bad it is, I like people seeing come out better people for it. Remember what I write is fiction, it doesn't always have to make sense.

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories