All Comments on 'Hard Measures'

by Auden James

Sort by:
  • 18 Comments
DamianthesilverwolfDamianthesilverwolfalmost 5 years ago
Excellent

This was a great read with a perfect buildup. It was tense and I feel like Quinn was always in control and failed the pantie bet intentionally. Beyond a few missing words I found this story to be a wonderful read.

DamianthesilverwolfDamianthesilverwolfalmost 5 years ago
Missing word

The word not is missing a couple of times in paragraphs where Denise was thinking about her reservations to the actions she was about to take. I wish I had the amount of time to properly reread but due to being at work I cannot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

—Oh gosh! Fuck! she yelled, half-crazed with pleasure and pain. Please not so deep! It hurts!

I can't imagine that is okay in any language. Surely you know that dialogue must be within quotation marks and not preceded by a dash? You don't know this? What on earth...? Read a book and check it out.

"Oh, gosh! Fuck!" she yelled, half-crazed with pleasure and pain. "Please, not so deep! It hurts!"

Auden JamesAuden Jamesalmost 5 years agoAuthor
@ Anonymous: “Read a book and check it out” (04/16/19)

Dear Anonymous,

Thank you very much for your concern about my reading habits and experience, respectively, but did you actually read the story’s afterword? Therein you’ll find the answer (though maybe not the needed pacifier) to your outrage: I’m merely taking the advice of no less than James Joyce about how to properly punctuate direct speech, that’s all.

Besides, have you ever checked out a novel (or something alike) written in Spanish, Italian, or—to go beyond Europe—Vietnamese? In all these languages the dash is used to indicate dialog lines.

Anyway, what do you make of authors like James Kelman or Cormac McCarthy who use no punctuation marks to indicate their dialog at all?

Sincerely,

—AJ

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
get an editor

Wtf

bluecatz123bluecatz123almost 5 years ago
Amazing

This may be the best story I've read on this site. Please continue to write, you are phenomenal!

Lonely_readerLonely_readeralmost 5 years ago
Very good

A very compelling build-up and hot scenario.

Loved the characters, even if it left me guessing Sophie's involvement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Extraordinary

One of the absolute best, if not THE absolutely best, stories I've ever read on here. And I've read a lot of em. Utterly sublime and spectacular. Is there any chance you write a part 2? Please think about it. English is not my first language either, I'm in a different part of the world altogether, yet these emotions and feelings that you evoked through this masterpiece are universal and transcendent. Amazing job! Good luck!

doorknob22doorknob22almost 5 years ago
Great story.

Thanks for your efforts, loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

This story is tagged under impregnation. So I assume Denise is pregnant with Quinn's child. Good. Now god curse him if he doesn't take responsibility.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

This is the best story I’ve ever read on this site. Please keep writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved it!

Very good story and build up! Made me come many times

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Damn bro

Really liked your word choice here friend, and all used very well! I thoroughly enjoyed your work

kholix22kholix22almost 4 years ago
Hot story

I related more to this story than what I wrote before. It's inspiring me to write again. This story got my juices running again. I hope my writing will be as good as yours

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

The worst story on here. Waste of storage capacity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Worst english.

JuanaSalsaJuanaSalsaalmost 2 years ago

This was a pretty cute and enjoyable story. It was arousing and the climax was drawn out, allowing for plenty of anticipation. Teasing is always fun.

Still, it would have been nice to get a bit more insight into the characters. Why was Denise so resistant to sex? Was it lingering guilt from her previous relationship, religious guilt, social pressure? Why was Quinn so insolent and lazy? Was it his little rebellion against his parents, because he had a real issue he struggled with (ADHD?), because he simply did not care about his future? I feel like exploring some of those topics could have added tension and made it easier to relate. It is enjoyable as it is, however.

Your English is quite good. It took a moment to sink into your rhythm and word choice, but once there, it was easy to get lost in the story. I dislike the dashed approach to dialog, but not enough to stop reading.

Anyone who criticizes the writing of someone who is producing it in a second language had better be a linguist, lol. For me, I adore literature in English produced by people for whom it is not a native language. There is such a joy in discovering the same old words applied in new ways from a totally different perspective on the language. This is not a joy when reviewing technical papers, however!

ContinentalPsyOpContinentalPsyOp7 months ago

this story is what I call a "scroll by" because you keep scrolling looking for a hook, but there's never anything to make you want to stop scrolling. just typical, trite, repressed juvenile fantasy. when you get to the bottom of page 1, and see there are even more pages of this undercooked regurgitation of 70s Euro Video Nasties, you cut right to leaving a review and moving on.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userAuden James@Auden James
88 Followers
»Erotik ist die Überwindung von Hindernissen. Das verlockendste und populärste Hindernis ist die Moral.« ~ Karl Kraus * Leser, die noch mehr gute Geschichten lesen oder auch mehr über mich erfahren wollen, sind eingeladen, meinen Blog für erotische Literatur und Kunst zu be...