All Comments on 'Hell House'

by TamLin01

Sort by:
  • 9 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Watermarked?

Relatively minor errors in sentence structure and syntax but other than for the unusual markings, a very readable tale.

SynSlaveSynSlaveover 4 years ago
Greatbread

Sentence structure cost a star but it was a better story overall than a lot of the 5's I've read and given. I suffer... frustrstion when trying to cram too many thoughts into a short amount of "space". Don't know if that helps.

Sizzling bacon fat? Loved it.

I appreciate when an author can express values and concepts through characters instead of through the author's bias. Something I struggle with myself. Did not feel any author intrusion while reading the story though. You have a knack for the way you introduce characters as well.

Not sure why the event(s) led to a "lively" outcome, but to each their own I guess. Thanks for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Did you mean censer?

You wrote that Alexandra had a censure in her private room. I think the word you wanted was censer.

TamLin01TamLin01over 4 years agoAuthor
Format Problems

Your friendly author here. It seems that transitioning from one word processing format to another created some formatting problems I wasn't aware of when submitting the story, such that some paragraph breaks or multiple breaks just disappeared.

That's annoying and will have to be fixed in a future draft, but for now if you noticed the problems, well, sorry about that. Happy Halloween all.

LateStageInfernalismLateStageInfernalismover 4 years ago
Good Fun!

The erotic scenes were fantastic, but I most of all appreciated how the witch dealt with the hypocritical church and townsfolk. I'm glad I discovered your work and look forward to going through your catalog. :)

slitwitchslitwitchover 4 years ago

Fantastic story, well written, with a great setup and a great payoff!

Lovecraft_LoreLovecraft_Loreover 4 years ago
I think this is my favorite of this author in this contest

It was a story instead of some random lead into a sex scene.

trickamsterdamtrickamsterdamover 4 years ago
Five stars, even if the ending was slightly weak.

Probably my second favorite Halloween story after Redeemers of the Fallen. Nice work!

gordo12gordo12over 4 years ago
I was a little pissed off

When I saw the Hell House title. I have a story moldering in my "to do" folder with the same title. I had to read yours.

Very imaginative. Well worth the 5 * it got. Congrats.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous