All Comments on 'Huginn's Yule'

by ChloeTzang

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Brain Overload.

But hey, was worth it, still an awesome tale. Thanks much for the read!

dwoelfledwoelfleover 4 years ago
Wow - Epic

Chloe - not your sexiest story, although that part was great, but a fantastic story. Great epic story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Your story telling never ceases to amaze me.

Hi Chloe,

Being such a history nerd, it is such an interesting fusion of different topics you have going on. Yet it’s still erotic as ever! Combining history of the Huns and Mongols and Anglo Saxon history add such a layer to the erotica. Learning about these classic literature in high school such as Beowulf, it is interesting to see how you drew that into the story. Your introduction about the origin of the word “Yule” gives a good sense of the story laid in front of us. Understand the history gives so much more context to the story at hand. So much of literature and storytelling has its roots in classical stories like this. I never thought about how it could be combined together, but you still make it sexy to read! It may not be a quickie, but it’s one that I will remember. It is nice to see your mixture of history and story all blended up. Erotica doesn’t always have to be one pump ✊and you’re done. I only wish that I had been inspired to write in high school and college now. I love the passion you put into your stories.

Sometimes I do enjoy a good quickie story though. That’s why I enjoy the fast ones like Jeong Park’s Frosh Ball. Ones where one chapter doesn’t take a whole day to read and understand.

Thanks and once again

-S

scargazerscargazerover 4 years ago

Beautifully written. It was an honor to read your tale. Thank you Chloe.

ezbodezbodover 4 years ago
Still reading

Thank you for sharing your stories. I have always enjoyed historical romantic erotic stories, with a fair helping of swords and spears and arrows.

I appreciate that you share freely, what you could easily put a price on.

😇

OneAuthorOneAuthorover 4 years ago
A fantastic saga

I am glad I took the time to read it. I even learned some things, which is always good. Thank you for writing the story and sharing it with all of us, Chloe. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Hey Chloe,

Great story, you write very well. Why such interest in German culture, if I may ask?

MaonaighMaonaighover 4 years ago
Engrossed

I became so engrossed in Huggin's Yule that I almost forgot to go to bed last night. Managed to tear myself away and finished the story today. It's an excellent piece of work, Chloe, and I am filled with admiration for the depth of your knowledge/research. It's a pity that the old pulp magazines no longer exist---I'm sure that in their day, this would have been snatched up, probably as a serial. I also think it would make a damned good film with the right director and cast---certainly better than many of the current crop of blockbusters. I found your research list interesting. As well as Poul Anderson there were a number of others of his ilk you could have mentioned such as Edison Marshall, Robert E Howard and others. One interesting inclusion was a name I hadn't heard for... oh, must be sixty or more years: G A Henty. He was almost forgotten by the late 40s/early 50s. There's not a lot more I can say except here's five stars and I wish you luck in the competition.

AZTT2AZTT2over 4 years ago
Thank you

I enjoyed the story and appreciated you sharing your research.

NeoDiotimaNeoDiotimaover 4 years ago
Mini-lectures!

I love your intros! So erudite. I haven't even gotten to the story but found myself skipping ahead to your afterword. Sweet. Now on to the story itself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Thanks again

Thank you. The history was very new and interesting to me, the story was epic and spellbinding, the voice was amazingly consistent and apt. I enjoy all your writing - (apart from the loss of the final chapters where you leave us too early in the life of your characters).

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
an epic tale indeed

I always look for your stories, Chloe. Among the best writing on Lit, I think. Thank you for the effort and for sharing with us all

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
History is not my thing but...

...but great story. For the most part it was easy to follow. Though there was one part that made me go WTF...!!!?? An excerpt from page 6 - ".....and they used their horses as shields, and my maid was still alive, for I heard her screams as they tore her clothes from her and raped her, one by one, while we rode towards them, ..."

I realise men have given themselves a reputation for being quick but this one threw me for a loop. One minute it's a horse chase next minute "Quick! Let's all get our end in before they catch us!"

I shouldn't be too critical. It is otherwise a very good story.

ElderBard51ElderBard51over 4 years ago
A well spun yarn

As soon as I saw the authoress' name on the tale, I knew it'd be a longee, and it was. But it was also the most riveting one of yours yet. This is Hollywood fodder and merits serious consideration for conversion into a screen script. It surely sates the bloodthirsty cried of Rennaisance Fair attendees who cry "We want more blood and gore" at the swordfight and jousting spectacles. Your research was well done, and it's refreshing to see that you have familiarized yourself with Anglo-Saxon. At the tale's end, I reminisced on Maurice Sagoff's take off on Beowulf in his collection of verse Shrink Lits when "Sorrow stricken, half the nation flocked to Beowulf's cremation; Round his pyre, with drums a-muffle, did a Nordic soft-shoe shuffle." ( https://mseffie.com/assignments/beowulf/beowulfshrinklit.html ) Very well done; you outdid yourself this time!

JJMemaw0623JJMemaw0623over 4 years ago
Well . . .

I'm not sure how I feel about it. It doesn't feel like a Christmas story. It is more 'history' than anything else. Thank you for writing this, but next time I would stick closer to the theme.

ChloeTzangChloeTzangover 4 years agoAuthor
Well?

The theme? It’s winter holidays, customs, superstitions etc, and if you go back a little, that’s Yule. So it’s well within the theme, and I think I covered that in the introduction. But I agree, most definitely NOT a Christmasy story at all.

And thank you everyone for the comments and votes. I’m glad you enjoyed it, bloodthirsty as it is. My next one is a little less intense. And not historical at all.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Out of Breath

Thank you very much for writing this story. I love many of your “First Time” story and I was actually looking for a short one for a quick self pleasuring session. I was a bit intimidated when I saw that this story was 17 pages long. I also almost didn’t read it when you mentioned early on that there will be sex scene but it would be much later in the story. However, I was so intrigued by the historical background that you provided. The background made me think that this story will be similar to another one of your stories that I also really love (i.e. One Night in Xanadu). Because of that, I chose to start reading and I got blown away. Your description was so vivid and I really felt that I see the journey through the eye of the Princess. The epic battle that you described was deliciously violent and beautiful at the same time. The courting scene was gory and delightful. Needless to say, the bedding scene was so well earned and satisfying. I enjoyed it even more than the bedding scene in One Night in Xanadu (which I previously thought was impossible as I love that story so much). I would be overjoyed if you would write further stories about the descendants of the princess. However, even if you choose not to, I would be as happy as long as you keep writing epic stories like this. I agreed with the other commenters here and I wished that someone would make a movie/TV series based on this story. I wish you all the best with the competition.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
18 pages?

And a history lesson? Remember where you are. A porn site on the world wide web. Sorry. Not my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
M29 haplotype

It may amuse you to know that a 6th century skeleton recently excavated from a coastal site in Somerset, England - Hinkley Point - has been genetically analised with the result that an M29 haplotype has been identified. This is a haplotype normally in those people living in Southeast Asia. There were no accompanying grave goods but the possibility remains of somebody crossing vast distances in very uncertain times, of being accepted in to the new community, and eventually buried in the same cemetery as them. Heartwarming. Thanks for the story, I can see a lot of research went into it. Pete

RustyoznailRustyoznailover 4 years ago
Bloody terrific

Actually, bloody and terrific.

Great story Chloe.

44chicken44chickenover 4 years ago
Lovely

Thank you for such a rich and engrossing tale, and history lesson to boot! I set this aside until I had the time, and yes, the mood. Now on a lazy Sunday morning I could take my time, savor and enjoy it. So worthwhile. So good. Well done.

JoshsBondJoshsBondover 4 years ago
Wow!

Thank you for the wonderful story. It will be one that I will probably read several times and pull out something new each time. Quite a mini epic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Loved this

I absolutely loved this. I enjoy paranormal romance and some historical romance. This could easily be turned into a novel. I liked the blood and gore!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
awesome!

Thoroughly enjoyed this - well researched and well written. I couldn't have asked for a better read

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
An Epic

Enjoy all of your stories but this one was special. Thank you for this amazing tale.

Hongye18Hongye18over 4 years ago
Another epic tale

Chloe,

I have written to you in the past - and was amazed you took the time to respond...

I will read this story again, as it is really that good!

As in your other writings, your descriptions of what sex is like for a woman (well, I guess that would be natural for you) is not only very erotic, it helps me be a better husband and lover.

Strong women, such as those your describe, have made many changes to life and culture, and the world will be a much better place as those changes continue.

X and I will visit China again in 2020. Your history "lessons" always make those visits much more interesting.

We love you and your writing,

Merry Christmas!

G and X

ChloeTzangChloeTzangabout 4 years agoAuthor
If you like Huginn’s Yule...

Just wanted to say, if you enjoyed “Huginn’s Yule,” then you’ll very likely enjoy my “One Night in Xanadu” as well. It’s another historical romance with a little blood and violence, set in the China of the time of the Mongol Empire.

RandyD1369RandyD1369about 4 years ago

Amazing. I can't decide whether I'm more impressed by the scholarship or the telling of a wonderful story. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
I have no words to describe how good this is

It completely captured with its fantastic story line, it’s amazing historical insight and it ability to let me feel the characters.

Absolutely the best I have read on this site !!

Cheers L

valkoinenvalkoinenover 3 years ago

You've caught the spirit of a Nordic saga and built well on what we know, to make a wonderful story connecting East and West. Like the best of historical novels you cover the whole scale of human experience, from the great issues to the individual bonding of family and friends. A great story. Thanks for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story.❤️

You are a good writer, chloe.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

CT,

Try referencing the scyfy works of Ursula K. Le Guin.

More along the lines of sword and sorcery- heavy into historical references and deep female character development.

She recently passed, unfortunately, however, her stories entertained as well as any of her contemporaries.

Like you 'Lady Tzang' ;)

Her female characters were deeply developed and woven beautifully into richly textured tapestries of believable historical references and backgrounds of sci-fi, nature, excitement, lusting for life and love of adventure.

Just a thought..

Andre Norton was another, thought not as close a corollary to your voice.

Luck,

J

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204almost 2 years ago

Very well done, perhaps a bit tedious at times to wend my way through repetitious guts and gore, but none the less, outstanding to cover 6000+ miles on horseback across two continents in a search for a husband. Far superior for a Yule Tale than traditional snowmen and Santas, and an outstanding story line of travel across both continents. I first read Beowulf when I was about ten and thought that was a bit gory, but you have far exceeded that standard. In your story, Ms. Tzang, I am particularly impressed by the standards of honor held by the principals as they stand aside to allow other combatants to finish their debates.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well researched. From a old ER nurse (1980-2000), I salute you. Keep on writing!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done, very believable. Only nitpick would be that no, someone can't keep breathing after the bloodeagle. But a fit and hardy man might live for as long as he might hold his breath, which could be several minutes, and as a story told by an observer in a culture prone to exaggeration it fits.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissy12 months ago

FIVE STARS BETTER TEN ……✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨🍀

Ok im impressed, this mirrors the humans and their never ending wars ….. 2023 and still nothing changed nothing learned no homo sapiens, we are the species destroying everything, even the planet we are living with ….. this was a wonderful tale, a amazing storyline and the love the princess found after the martyrs was a great gift ….. im not into those slaying stuff, but yeah its human and so kind of natural 😳 ….. thank you for this artistic well crafted tale

And using the buddhism greating, Namaste Chloe …. Im well connected to ZEN

AnonymousAnonymous21 days ago

Awesome!

I have the feeling I've read guts & gory mayhem like this before, but I'm not sure where. Beowulf, I suppose. Poul Anderson? (Nice hat-tip to him there.) And then there are James Clavell and Karl May (German, 19th century, westerns (!!) and travel adventure stories in other cultures including China if I remember right).

Anyway, that was quite a trip!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChloeTzang@ChloeTzang
Well, my new novella, "Draft Deferment" is now available on Amazon - And if you want to find out more about what I'm writing, you can find me on Facebook, * * * * * * * * * * Chloe is half chinese-vietnamese, half-white, lives somewhere in the USA. Work as an ER Nurse so I s...