All Comments on 'Jesus Speaks Galician'

by olivias

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Un pequeno tesouro!

Saludos!

mitchawamitchawaover 7 years ago
XESUS

Is this a joke?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

Duty, Honor, Family ..values shared across geographic and cultural boundaries. The healing comfort of kindness from strangers and the power of forgiveness are well handled in this inspirational story of two estranged sisters in northwestern Spain.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wow - wonderful, engrossing story

I first started reading this story late last night, but was getting sleepy so intended to finish it in the morning. But I was engrossed, reading the thoughts of Penney - how things were just not going well for her - caring for then losing her father (who was hardly an ideal parent, but still her Dad), feeling unappreciated at her job, living in a functional flat that while home, didn't feel like "home", then getting the letter about her dying sister. Then, after arriving in Spain, meeting the ebullient Xesús, the well-meaning, but not particularly friendly Dores, then having the electricity go out - at that point, you could almost hear her say, "not again". But then they come back the next morning and bring groceries, and she finds out more about them, and why they are a family.

Heartwarming without being sappy, hopeful without being overly sentimental. My only wish is that this story went on for at least another 2 pages, so we could read about how Penny copes after her sister passes, what traditions they follow for her funeral, and how she gets on with Paulo as she learns more about the family, and her sister's life. And after that - happiness for her too? Please, can we get a sequel? A perfect story for the holiday season.

luv2read2

PS. Needless to say, I finished the story in one sitting. Couldn't let it go.

rightbankrightbankover 7 years ago
wonderful story about family and friends

There would be more readers if the Title was

Xesús Speaks Galician

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 7 years ago
Wonderful story

Wonderful story filled with great characters and underneath the pain of loss an abiding hope and promise of a future filled with happiness.

biercebierceover 6 years ago
Outstanding

A well written, heartfelt story. Brought tears at the end. Thanks you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous