All Comments on 'Maggie and The Professor'

by lazyways

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
thanks

Wow! What polished writing. A wonderful plot skillfully developed. Thank you

hathorbr1hathorbr1about 12 years ago
Sweet, very sweet!

That was a beautiful story. Loved how the story unfolded and the progression of character's relationship was perfect. Great Job!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I liked

it very much but there was one thing that bothered me in the story: After his divorce, even though he was devastated by it and was depressed, he remains on friendly terms with the two betrayers. I don't see that happening.

Sidney43Sidney43about 12 years ago
Very nice

A very nice story, with an appropriate amount of tension and heartache interspersed with the obvious and growing attraction to each other. It may have been just a bit much and very cruel (to David) to make him wait until Valentines day, the day of the planned wedding to appear on his doorstep. You write well, thanks for the submission of this one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I have a problem with several of your stories

because I can't get into why they like/love/lust for each other. There is insufficient dialog IMHO for me to understand the attraction. Interesting story line, well edited. But the relationship just doesn't grab me.

GimletEdgeGimletEdgeabout 12 years ago
Characters that ring true

I admire how unselfconscious this story is. The characters were deftly sketched as people caught up by circumstance in paths that weren't quite right. The dinner with a side of burglary was a skillful way to compare Maggie's potential mates. And it was very easy to imagine David as a Clint Eastwood type. Just the right amount of smoldering subtext.

A very entertaining tale.

Scotsman69Scotsman69about 12 years ago
A most lovely story.

Thank you.

beatrice_dreamsbeatrice_dreamsabout 12 years ago

I'm a bit of a sucker for an age-gap romance in any case, but I enjoyed the subtle humour right from the beginning and while they characters did need to fast-forward a bit through their attraction, I would have to say that in terms of it being realistic, sometimes you just KNOW. So who's to argue with that? David reminds me a little bit of Jack Reacher from Lee Child's series - though a little more open to love!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
The Professor is kind of creepy

Climbs into bed with her and then intrudes when she's in the bathroom?

Very slimy.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
great story

five stars plus to this one. those older guys are hard to beat. a good well-lined story with fine character development. first class.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous