All Comments on 'Mary and Alvin Ch. 22'

by MelissaBaby

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
mature_neophytemature_neophyteabout 5 years ago
You did it again

Another great chapter. For me this one came to life as Alvin entered the tale, and I find it strange that the quiet man's presence can have such an influence on the whole story. I'd always considered Mary to be the pivotal character (if indeed any one character was) but now I feel that maybe I was mistaken. Great writing as ever!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Excellent

Learning about their past set up a great wedding for Jen and Danni. You are an amazing writer. 5 stars and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
jeezum crow

The wonderful clan of Mary and Alvin tumbles on through life, bravely, modestly and joyously; and sharing the gifts of each day. What wonderful characters; what logical and loving detail; what shining writing craft. Thank you, indeed, MelissaBaby, for sharing your great talent with us.

davyupdavyupabout 5 years ago
No more pain

Alvin and Mary have suffered enough, especially Alvin. No more pain please. I hope she has twins... So what will happen with Charlotte?

You are a very good author. Thank you for this story.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
Resurrection of a tired story

I got the feeling of renewed interest in your writing of this story. This was a better chapter than many I have recently read.

grampaaloisiusgrampaaloisiusalmost 4 years ago

One of the best chapters so far.

Thank you for Danni‘s and Jen‘s story.

Looking forward Mary and Alvin having happy times, as I hope.

Comentarista82Comentarista8211 months ago

At some point, this story needed telling, although it surprised me how you used most of it to go backwards and then the rest to move forwards to them wedding; it filled in gaps from their early university days and meeting while playing basketball. Pretty straightforward.

***

Same notation for Ortega, listed previously. Additionally, why skip the Ortega family blowup? Not including that leaves a huge piece out and could have hammered the audience, to create even more sympathy for Dani (should be spelled that way, as first 2 syllables are used in these names when shortening). Furthermore, in the "present day" portion, picturing Jennifer getting mad about none of Dani's family coming to the ceremony proved futile: truly devout (and it is assumed orthodox or ultra-orthodox) Jews shun homosexual family members because they follow the Torah literally and condemn homosexuality...so getting mad about something that won't change is useless.

***

Dani became far more assertive after 5 years. As a fun note, they would have stopped at the Dunkin' on 4 Stillwater Avenue, as that's the one closest to I-95 (when Alvin picked her up to come back for X-mas).

Runner4069Runner40698 months ago

So very glad you told their story, although it seemed very abbreviated for 4 years of college. I like the way it all tied in and with the ending in current time this was the perfect place to slide it in. Excellent writing as always, love your work and thanks for sharing your talent with us all

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMelissaBaby@MelissaBaby
A bold bitch and a shy girl. An exile and an ex-con. A lover and a leaver. A wise fool and a stupid genius. A cocksucker. A student. A foodie, a boozie, a weedie. A rider of horses. A kisser of girls. A resister, an insister, a persister. Daughter of a goddess, mother of a gho...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES