All Comments on 'My Descent into Slavery Ch. 19'

by Thors_Fist

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
HargaHargaover 1 year ago

Holy cow, how brutal. I loved it. Those fuckers deserved everything they got. I loved how there plan changed from taking out one scumbag to getting a whole boat load. I certainly hope this isn't the end of Beth's story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Gain much more information or known all categories then website is perfect for you.

dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy67over 1 year ago
Thank you

While I would still like to read more about Beth's life from here on, this seems like a good end to the story (if you want it to be).

Of course it's always nice to have characters from one story make an appearance in another. But you know that.

All in all, an excellent storyline.

reddbunnzreddbunnzover 1 year ago

Another great read from a great author. I skipped the entry, and actually wondered if this was the final chapter. I am happy that it is not. I am anxious to see how the story finally ends. Just don't end it too soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent and just deserts were had. Look forward for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Justice served.

Tess (uk)

CrosfyreCrosfyreover 1 year ago

Love the stories but stuff like this is completely unrealistic : four hours a day in physical training, two hours shooting and four hours in unarmed combat every day. It can’t be sustained for more than 2 days. By the 3rd day you would be so sore you couldn’t move.

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 1 year ago

For me, as someone who believes in the rule of law, this was a more difficult chapter to read. Okay, it turned out to be a rescue as well (and I had no problem whatsoever with any aspect of Beth's rescue), but it was planned as a revenge operation. And still, within the concept of this amazing story, I think that these men deserved everything that was dished out to them.

How to reconcile the rule of law with vigilantism and frontier justice? Basically I feel that a developed society would go down if it were to accept vigilantism in the long run. And you must accept that justice sometimes is inadequate (based on the concept that it is better to let nine guilty men go free than one innocent man locked up). But if the inadequacy of justice were to expand beyond what is acceptable, theoretically I would have no problem with vigilantism kicking in and I could see the need for that. The problem however is that with vigilantism each man decides what is acceptable - or not - and in a democracy the majority does.

But that dilemma does not need to be solved for this story, as usually I enjoyed and loved it.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Have some reservations about taking justice into their own hands but can fully understand in theses circumstances. Always thought I could be a benevolent dictator but they say absolute ower corrupts so perhaps not. Another great instalment but as you say it looks like the end.

5⛤

MikePaulWritesMikePaulWrites9 months ago

If it ended here I could be (almost) satisfied, but I'm happy to see it continue. It's been a great ride.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous