Something Snapped Inside

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

That was a couple of years ago. Myself and Brooke are going strongish. We mainly have good days, however, the odd bad day rears its ugly head now and again. She has reinvented herself as a writer and is looking to become a teacher so she could have a regular wage. She is still attending therapy, but she has made a lot of progress for which I am proud of her for. The trust has almost returned I know she will get my trust fully again one day. I told her once that trust returns, I will forgive her because it would be earned.

I do love her, but I don't think we will be the old Ant and Brooke again. We are becoming different people. What keeps me going is how much work she is putting into our marriage and herself. The enormity of what she did hit her, eventually. I was disappointed that it took her so long. She confessed after months of therapy that the reason was that because nothing physical happened, she was blind to the fact that what she was doing was wrong. She was just too caught up with herself.

Brooke has told me that she wants to grow old with me. I feel in my mind it will happen, and I working towards making the feeling in my mind a certainty.

I did go to dancing classes. I'm not going to say I would win any dancing competitions, but I did learn some moves that blew Brooke away and her feet are no longer an endangered species on the dancefloor. We now go dancing as often as we can.

As for Xander Coulsen, I found out from a chance meeting with Trey and Nicholas that the video that mystery someone put online, and an attempted indiscretion with another married woman that blew up in his face, damaged his career. He became a liability for the firm, and they discretely paid him off. He tried to set up his own firm, but the video terminally damaged his reputation and no one wanted to do business with him so he quickly went out of business and sunk so much money into it that he became as bankrupt as his morality. It couldn't have happened to nicer trash.