The Arts Ardane 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked down at the still pale and groaning Serhan on his knees in front of her. Devan drew back her arm and slapped him hard across the face, "Bastard!" She drew back her leg again, thinking to give him another crack between his legs but decided against it.

The sound of shouts and running feet caused her to turn back toward the town. A pair of militiamen approached with torches, having heard the explosions, and seen the flash of light from the lightning bolt.

They stared at the scene before them when they skidded to a halt. One man down in smoldering clothing, another cowering in a shed, and one holding his family jewels and looking as though he wished he were unconscious like the one in the smoking cloak. Above them all stood a beautiful, young, red-haired woman who looked extremely angry.

Devan walked away from Serhan and the unconscious murderer, "There's the killer who's been about lately. Better tie him up before he recovers from my lightning bolt. He's been raping those girls too, because he said he was going to do it to me. Make sure whoever judges him knows that."

One of them gestured as if to block her without actually barring her path with his arm, "Are you alright miss?"

"I'm fine," Devan snapped and walked back to Erin's house without another word to anyone.

~~~~~~~~~
* . . . *
~~~~~~~~~

Devan stood in front of the wagon, her father sitting above on the seat holding the reins and wearing a smile that was a mixture of sadness and pride. Standing in front of Devan were her teary-eyed mother, sister, and brother.

"I can't believe you're moving away," Danica sniffled.

"I can't learn anything more here, and the reward gave me enough coin to live on my own now. I can find an apprenticeship in Destindale and learn more powerful magic. It's not that far away sis and I'll come visit. You can come see me too, you know?"

"I know," Danica responded with a weak smile and hugged her sister.

Her little brother stuck out his lip and said, "I'll miss you Debin."

Devan laughed and tousled his hair, "I'll miss you too, you little weasel, but I won't miss you hiding my things! You'd better be a good boy; there are more than enough bad ones around."

He laughed and went to hide behind his mother's skirts.

"You're all grown up now, and Danica won't be long behind you. It'll just be us and Daniel soon," Devan's mother said with tears rolling down her cheeks.

Devan hugged her mother, "I'll come visit, and I'll stay for a few days on every holiday, I promise. I love you mom."

Her mother wiped her eyes and sniffled, then said, "Now go before I change my mind and get a switch to chase you back in the house."

Devan laughed and climbed up in the wagon next to her father. He gathered her up in a hug as well, and then waved to the rest of the family before clucking his tongue and twitching the reins.

The family watched the wagon recede into the distance, even as Devan watched her childhood home do the same. When they topped a rise, Devan turned in the direction they were traveling once more. The future was in front of her.