All Comments on 'The Cold Forest'

by Perry_D

Sort by:
  • 5 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Spend some time on creating a consistent setting for your story. Erik lives miles from anyone, but has a cell phone and cell service. Its a small "old" town, but seems at times like a modern suburb with a college. He's isolated, but is tacking economics in college. The story line lurches from scene to scene, with not enough connection between the events and the occurrences. What happened with the dog? He/She/It was a focus, but now seems to have become only a minor detail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good start but please get an editor that can smooth out the rough edges and bring some consistent flow to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great advice from previous commenters but personally I didn't care and neeeeeeed more.

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 2 years ago

What the hell happened to this story? It started out being written well with an interesting direction... And then the quality of the writing took a huge drop and the plot turned into some sort of dumb "college" drama with all the plot of a story about 'high school' targeted at middle schoolers. (Plus a dubious sex scene and a complete 180 in the main character.)

I suggest you take a step back from this story, let it percolate in your brain for a while, and figure out what direction it was supposed to go in from the start. Then take another crack at it.

*Every* writer needs to do that sometimes, and the solution really is nothing - just give it time and focus your brain on another work for a while.

Perry_DPerry_Dover 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks for your reviews! I know there are a few rough edges in this chapter but I can assure you that you will notice improvement from the next chapter.

For the story turning 180, you will understand the reason from the next chapter.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous