The Key

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Many Feathers
Many Feathers
10,499 Followers

"I don't know, but something. It just seems odd to me that things just suddenly ended the way they did, unless there are more letters, more correspondence between them that's either been lost, or tucked away in another box some place."

Miranda shook her head in agreement. "I think you're right Sil. There has to be more to this story than what we've discovered here. Too bad there's really no way to find out what did happen, or for that matter, if either Grace or Wil is still even alive. If either or both of them are, I'd be willing to bet they'd give just about anything to get these letters back."

"There must be some way," Darlene mused. "I know! Maybe that old lady at the antique store will give us a lead. Surely they must keep some kind of records for whenever they buy up these old estates. For tax purposes or something anyway!"

"You might be right Darlene. It's a place to start anyway. And besides, it might be fun trying to discover who these two lovers were..."

"Are!" Silvia interjected once again. "Maybe they really are still alive! Wouldn't it be exciting as hell to see the expression on their faces if we were able to return these letters back to them?"

"Yes it would!" Miranda said smiling as she carefully placed all the letters back inside the box, once again retying the old faded ribbon carefully about them. "Hey...you guys want to go back there with me this afternoon? See what we can find out?"

Sheepishly, Darlene turned her head away though she was smiling. "Can't. Have a date this evening."

"Oh?" Miranda asked in surprise. "Anyone we know? And when did you start seeing someone anyway Darlene? You keeping secrets from us again?"

Darlene laughed. "Actually, this will be our first night out together, so I didn't want to say anything until I saw how things went. And besides, I needed something juicy to share next Friday. If there was anything juicy to share by then," she added with a devilish grin.

"So where'd you meet this guy anyway?" Silvia asked.

"Met him at the gym." Darlene paused realizing she wasn't going to get away with just leaving it there. "He's my personal trainer," she finally admitted. Miranda laughed. "It figures. That good looking guy you told me about who's been working with you these past few weeks. So he's already hitting on you is he?"

"More like me hitting on him," Darlene shot back. "But I do feel better about myself, and hey, I figured why not?"

"Sure...why not?" Silvia said smiling.

"What about you Sil? You want to come with me then?" She too smiled with a blush spreading across her cheeks. "I have a date too," she announced. "Sorry Miranda. Guess if you're going to start looking into this, you'll have to start things on your own."

"Damn! I was really hoping we could get a bite to eat, perhaps see a movie together later or something," she stated disappointedly. Miranda really wasn't looking forward to spending a night all alone, especially now.

"Why don't you call up good old Brad and see what he's up to this evening?" Darlene teased. "I'm sure he's available, and probably dying to see you again. As I believe you are as well!"

"Don't go there Darlene!" Miranda warned her friend. "I seriously doubt I will ever call him, or see him again anyway. True, he was good for my ego and all. But I'm not sure I'm ready to get involved with another man under the circumstances."

"Well, suit yourself M.J., but if it were me. And if he's even half as good-looking as you say he is. I'd be on the phone with him before someone else decides to give him a call. And probably in his bed an hour after that!" she said suggestively.

"You would Darlene. Which reminds me. After your date tonight. I think you owe Silvia and I a phone call to let us know how your evening went!"

Soon after the girls departed leaving Miranda alone with her thoughts. She considered briefly driving down town to see if she could find out anything about where the box had indeed come from, though the odds of ever really finding either Grace or Wil was remote the more she thought about it. Miranda attempted to keep herself busy the rest of the day doing a few much needed chores and some light house keeping. But by four in the afternoon, she'd finished with everything she could think of and found herself looking towards a long lonely evening by herself.

Miranda gave herself an excuse to browse through her purse momentarily, fingered the small piece of paper that Brad had given her with his number on it. Before she knew it, she was dialing his phone number.

She listened to the phone ring three times before nearly hanging it up. Just about to do so, she heard Brad answer. "Hello?"

He sounded out of breath. For a moment, Miranda felt a twinge of unreasonable jealousy run through her. She could just picture him rolling away from some gorgeous female he was with, out of breath, all excited from just climaxing.

"It's Miranda," she replied a bit too frostily. Now mad at herself that she'd sounded so unjustifiably angry with him for no apparent reason. "You sound out of breath. You been running?"

Brad laughed. "Actually, I was getting out of the shower when I heard the phone ring. I was hoping it might be you," he told her with an obvious smile to his tone of voice.

Suddenly, Miranda had a whole different picture bouncing around inside her head as she imagined Brad standing there, wet...with nothing but a towel wrapped bout himself as he stood talking to her.

"Listen, I have an errand I want to run a bit later, but I thought that perhaps afterwards, we could meet for drinks later. Just a couple though as I do have to get up and go to work tomorrow. But I thought just in case you weren't doing anything, or didn't have any plans, that you might be interested."

"Sure! What time and where?" he asked.

Brad allowed Miranda to set the time and place, assuring her that we wouldn't keep her out too late. But recommending and suggesting a couple of different places that she might consider that were quaint, out of the way...and obviously a bit more private than most. She'd finally relented, choosing one he'd suggested and agreed to meet him there by seven-thirty. That would give her just enough time to go to the antique store a half hour before closing. With luck, it wouldn't be busy at that time, and perhaps the old woman wouldn't mind looking through whatever records she might have kept. "Hopefully anyway," Miranda told herself.

As she showered and began to dress for her evening, she found herself once again very aroused, not sure as she changed and applied her make-up, that she wouldn't...if it were even suggested, agree to spending the night with Brad someplace.

"God! If Darlene could hear and see me now!" she said aloud to herself. "She'd just die!" Miranda said with a giggle, feeling much like that lovesick schoolgirl she'd once been and the first crush she'd ever had and felt over her very first boyfriend.

Putting on one of her prettiest sweaters and a nice tight fitting pair of jeans, she'd purposely neglected to include a bra. And though her breasts were certainly full, they were firm enough to not look too noticeably in her not wearing one. "As long as I don't do a lot of jumping up and down of course," she reminded herself with a laugh.

She soon headed out towards the antique store though with very little hope of really discovering anything. And had it not been for the fact she would soon be meeting Brad for drinks, she might have given up on the idea and simply turned around and gone home. But the thought of him standing there all wet wearing nothing but a towel had her smiling with eager anticipation as she drove along.

#

As Miranda entered the dimly lit shop, she heard the familiar jiggle of bells announcing her arrival. Looking quickly about, she learned that there was no one else there at the moment.

"Good!" she thought to herself. "Just as I'd hoped!"

Crossing over towards the counter, she stood waiting patiently. A moment later a very young, very attractive looking woman came from the back area. "We'll be closing soon," she said politely. "But is there something I can help you with?" she asked.

Dejectedly, Miranda answered. "Actually, is Mrs. Cravenstance available? There is something I really needed to see her, and ask her about."

"No, sorry. My Aunt's away for a few days visiting her sister, my other aunt. She's recently become very ill, so she's gone to take care of her. I'm watching the shop for her while she's away."

Miranda thought for a moment. "I guess not. I was hoping to see her about a couple of items I've recently purchased from her, and if there were any more items in the collection that might still be available."

Miranda noticed the young dark-haired woman staring at the tiny silver key about her neck. "Hey, wait a minute!" she said suddenly. "I was told that a woman that meets your description just might return here," she said enthusiastically. My Aunt told me you might be wearing a tiny silver key around your neck. And she also said that if you did come back wanting to purchase anything else, that I was to help you in whatever way that I could!"

Miranda was curiously surprised. "She did?"

"Yes, and it just so happens, she gave me the inventory list of the few things we did keep for resale that we haven't already given away to a few other antique dealers. It looks like most everything we did keep we've already sold, all except for a few old photograph albums. But it's highly unlikely anyone will purchase those any time soon. Beyond that, it looks like you purchased the only real valuable items we had left."

"I don't suppose you could tell me who the collection came from could you?" Miranda asked.

"Sorry no. We do respect the privacy of the individuals we do business with. You understand of course."

"Of course," Miranda said feeling whatever hope she had slowly slipping away.

"I can tell you this much however, I do have the address where this stuff all came from. And though there are new owners of course who now live there, perhaps they will be willing to tell you who they bought the place from. Perhaps that will be of some help to you. But beyond that, that's about the best I can do."

Miranda felt a surge of renewed hope and excitement. "Please yes!" she said a little too enthusiastically. "That would be most helpful to me if you could do that!"

The young woman soon disappeared into the back room, returning a few minutes later with a written down address and name on a slip of paper. "This is the best I can do, I hope it helps," she said smiling.

"I hope so too!" Miranda grinned turning to leave.

"By the way? You interested in those photo albums?"

"Oh, no...but thank you. I think I have everything I was interested in," Miranda told her. She soon exited the store, glanced at her watch. She had plenty of time before she was to meet Brad at the intimate little place he'd suggested. Now excited for several reasons, Miranda once again turned her thoughts back to Brad and how attractive looking he really was. That image of him speaking to her on the phone, wet head and all was one she simply couldn't shake her mind off of. She even pictured herself, joining him there in the shower. "God Miranda! Get hold of yourself!" she thought silently. "You keep acting like a horny teenager, you'll not only scare him away, but probably everyone else too!"

Twenty minutes later she pulled up in front of the cozy, semi-out-of-the-way bar that Brad had recommended to her. She entered. It certainly wasn't an elegant establishment, but it was clean and neat looking. Very few couples were even there, most of which scattered about the establishment with more than enough distance between them to ensure whatever privacy, for whatever reasons, they might want it. Miranda spotted Brad sitting at the far end of the bar as he stood waving her over. He'd somehow managed to snag them a private little booth well away from everyone else.

"You know, we keep meeting like this, people are going to start to wonder," she said jokingly as she approached.

"Let them," Brad replied. He'd already ordered her a glass of white wine, which sat waiting for her. He then ordered another for himself as he'd obviously been there long enough to have had a glass of wine before her arrival.

"You been here very long?" Miranda asked as a way of making small talk. She was nervous, the feeling of butterfly's swarming around inside her chest.

"Only long enough to have one of these," holding up his fresh wine. "Salute!" he added clinking his glass to hers. "To another very special evening."

Miranda took a sip of her wine, peering over the edge of her glass at him as she did. "God he really is handsome!" she thought to herself.

As they had a booth, Brad scooted over a little closer to her. Situated as they were, it was easy for the two of them to spot anyone heading their way. The closest couple even near them was seated several tables away, well distant to ensure private conversation.

"I've been thinking about you ever since you called," he said leaning over even closer to her.

Miranda glanced briefly towards the other couple, their backs towards them. No one else could even see them let alone hear anything.

"I've been thinking about you too," she whispered back huskily.

She felt his mouth brush against hers. Miranda accepted the kiss, feeling his tongue as it began to tickle the tip of her own. She kissed back, forcefully as they now licked, sucked and continued the erotic dance with their lips. It was Brad who finally broke away.

"Have you been thinking about what I asked you?"

Miranda took a moment to collect herself, gathering her thoughts as she took another sip of her wine. "I have been thinking about what you said, yes. I'm just not sure about certain things yet. There's a lot that I need to consider, and come to some sort of a decision on," she said candidly.

"No rush Miranda. You need to know that. You won't feel any pressure from me to decide one way or the other. Whatever you're comfortable with now, is ok with me too. I'm here for you. And if being here for you helps you discover what it is you're looking for, then I will be satisfied in whatever decision that is."

Miranda looked at him curiously. She wanted him, she couldn't deny that feeling. And she felt like he wanted her just as much, if not more so. But it truly was refreshing to meet a man who could be patient, undemanding, and allow her to discover for herself in her own time, what it was she needed and was looking for.

She leaned over and kissed him again. As she did, she unconsciously placed her hand upon his thigh for support. He groaned pleasurably. And though she was no where near his manhood, she once again pictured in her mind, and wondered if he was indeed as aroused as she was rapidly becoming. Miranda allowed her hand to remain where it was, even as she leaned away from him, breaking their kiss. She continued to caress his thigh in gentle circular motions, all the while gazing into his crystal blue eyes. It was then that Miranda felt his hand slide across beneath the table, placing it in near exactly the same position on her leg that hers was upon him. They sat there, simply caressing, teasing one another in a fashion all the while continuing to look at one another, smiling...then grinning.

It became a kind of a game. Miranda felt her cheeks flush with excitement and arousal. The continued slow teasings of her hand and fingers upon his thigh, gradually circling, inching up ever closer towards his groin. She knew that if she continued this much longer, that she would no doubt come into contact with him.

Likewise, as she moved, so did Brad. He allowed her to set the pace, the tone, and the thrill of their rapidly escalating discoveries. She was fully aware that should she continue on, that he too would no doubt do the same. "And where do we go from there?" she wondered.

A moment later, he leaned over to kiss her again. The movement just enough that as her hand traveled upwards on its natural course, she knew in the next pass that she would find him. She had but to remove her hand now, accept the kiss perhaps, yet let him know that she intended to go no farther with this. But even as these thoughts played inside her head, as their lips again met with even more urgency than before, Miranda realized she'd located the firmness of his being. She heard as well as felt Brad's soft mewling groan against her lips. Her fingers now gently tracing the outline of his firmness, the sensation racing through her mind like a bolt of electricity. She couldn't stop herself. Didn't want to. She pressed, her hand seeking him out spreading itself, the palm of her hand resting now, gently squeezing as again Brad groaned deliciously against her neck as his lips began to gently bite, kiss and nip their way across her sensitized flesh.

Though his own hand had ceased moving at the first touch of her own upon him, she now felt him began to move again. Still circling, very much aware now that he too had begun to move upwards towards the fire that had suddenly blossomed into a full rich blaze, she could again stop it now before it truly got out of hand. Especially here, in the bar. Instead, she found herself spreading her legs a part slightly. And though the Levi's she wore certainly dulled the sensation to some degree, it was the thought of how he touched her, and where as his own hand now pressed, eagerly yet slowly letting her know that he too was just as aroused and needful as she was.

"Miranda?"

He whispered her name as though it were a prayer.

"Yes?" she barely managed to say, her breath heated, shallow.

"What do you say we finish our drinks and get out of here? There's a place I'd really like to show you."

Brad sat back up effectively removing his own hand, forcing her to relinquish her own too. She was somewhat glad for the reprieve, a moment to collect herself, Brad surprising her with making the decision to allow them both a momentary 'time-out'.

"Ok," she said simply, downing the remainder of her wine in one easy swallow. Brad stood, tossing an exorbitant tip upon the table for whoever came to clear away their two simple wine glasses.

Leading her out of the bar, he soon steered her over to where his car was parked. "Don't worry, we won't be gone that long, and I'll bring you back here to pick up your car," he assured her. "It's not that far away."

They were less than a mile from the canyon road that slowly wound itself up to several picnic and lookout areas. It had been years since Miranda had been here. Not since High School when the surrounding property was undeveloped. Where houses now stood on the spot that had once been known as lovers lane. She'd been there once, after a game. It had been the first time that she and Bill had ever kissed, the first time she'd allowed him to touch her breasts, though he'd only done so on the outside of her sweater back then.

Miranda shook the thought away. The last thing she wanted to be thinking about right now was her husband.

"Where are we going?" she asked curiously as Brad continued to following the winding road that climbed ever steadily up the mountain.

"There's a piece of property I want you to see. My family owns it. There's nothing built on it as yet, but perhaps one day..." he said smiling towards her.

Although it was nighttime, a full moon hovered high above them throwing off enough light that it was still relatively easy to see by. A small dirt road appeared off to the right from the main road. Brad took it, easing the car along the narrow path. "It's just up a head now," he explained.

They drove through a thick copse of evergreens lining the dirt road on either side, the full moon now partially blocked from the canopy of branches that reached out from either side, intertwining as though having built a natural tunnel as they drove through it. Then, just up a head, Miranda once again saw the fullness of light as the trees thinned. Brad pulled the car into an open meadow. The stars above twinkling majestically all around them. Brad turned off the ignition, opening his door.

Many Feathers
Many Feathers
10,499 Followers
1...345678