The Monster Within Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thank you. You cannot imagine how grateful I am that you tell me this."

"And one more thing. Today, finally, is the first time I can stand here with my spirits more or less intact. And I owe this, like so many other things, to you, Bev. And I want you to know whatever the future brings I will be eternally grateful for this."

I took the few steps to where she was standing, took her face in my hands and kissed her. It was a soft, caring kiss and I put all the love and gratitude I felt into it.

And then, finally, after more than four years, the monster broke down and the tears started flowing down my face. I cried. I cried for Sandra. I cried for Cecile. I cried for Matthew. I cried for the lives they wouldn't live. I cried for the love they wouldn't give. I cried for all the emotions they wouldn't feel. I cried for the successes they wouldn't achieve. I cried for the failures they wouldn't suffer.

The entire time Beverly just stood there, holding me tight, letting me cry out my sorrow. After a few eternities my tears finally dried up. I slowly rose; I seemed to have dropped on my knees while crying, dried my face with my sleeves and cleaned my nose with a tissue that Bev had magically made appear in her hand.

"Thank you Bev. Thank you for standing by side. Thank you for supporting me."

"It's no less than you deserve, my love."

"I love you, Beverly." I pulled her in an embrace and held her tight. She returned the embrace and we quietly stood there, lost in our thoughts, basking in our emotions.

End of Part IV - to be continued