All Comments on 'Vanessa's Tale'

by Chiara23

Sort by:
  • 13 Comments
UndrApprctdUndrApprctdover 12 years ago
Nice story

Short and sweet

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Tragic...

A man's low self esteem, and failure to see what someone saw in them, or the worth they held in their eyes allowed them to believe the gossip, the lies behind the rumor mill. Shows how great things can fall apart with one minor thing misinterpreted and blown all out of context.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Really, why would anyone want to steal (or use) this story.

Rather infantile.

KGB1979KGB1979over 12 years ago
Other side

It's funny, you think your know the truth until you see (or read) the other side. This shows that perception is everything. Good read, thanks!

estragonestragonover 12 years ago
Really Disappointed

It's certainly realistic, but it ends so abruptly I feel cheated.

daiv42daiv42over 12 years ago

Is there a part 2?

bejeweledcatbejeweledcatover 12 years ago
Keep going...

I'd love to see a part two and from the looks of comments, I'm not the only one. I really like what you have so far.

Chiara23Chiara23over 12 years agoAuthor

To answer a few questions about the story it was short because I wanted it to be to reflect the brevity of their relationship. It was Vanessa's decision to go over the top kissing the guys. She kissed her uncle because she was excited and happy. It wasn't the mind blowing kiss that Carson thought she gave him. From his point of view that's what he saw. Does it really matter who started the rumours? People who start them are usually jealous or see what's not there. The truth is what a person believes from their point of view to be true.

AnonymousAnonymousover 12 years ago
Familiar

This story is similar to another story in this contest. The story in which the nerdy boy fell in love with the southern girl who did him wrong on Valentines day. She was sleeping with the boss and she got a promotion and said it was just business. Oh yeah the story I think is called " Over a piece of Pie" I believe. But great story although the ending is sad.

Chiara23Chiara23over 12 years agoAuthor
same author

Yes i wrote them both. Glad you liked them

harristharristabout 12 years ago
two choices

I've read both of your stories about Carson and Vanessa. I must say I liked the other one much better. It seems to me unrealistic that Vanessa would carry on an extended relationship (I know you have said it was brief) but she also comments how they dated for some time) without him ever knowing that her family owned the company. Possibly she didn't want anyone to know, but all she would have to do after he accused her of being a whore, was to tell Carson that the boss was her uncle.

Chiara23Chiara23about 12 years agoAuthor

Yes it should have been as simple as her telling him her relationship with her Uncle, the CEO. At that point in time Carson was still very insecure about himself and had low self-esteem. He saw what he thought he saw and felt hurt and betrayed. Would things have been different if he'd given Vanessa a chance to explain what had actually happened? Quite probably, but then he never would have met Skye. Sadly for these two star-crossed lovers their own insecurities were their downfall, Vanessa compensated for her shyness by being over-the-top forward and Carson retreated into his protective shell. How many relationships actually fail because of these same problems?

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Depressing

I found this very depressing to read. Not a bad story at all, but depressing nonetheless.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userChiara23@Chiara23
Struggling writer, stay-at-home mom, amateur wildlife photographer, Star Wars Geekgirl, and culinary mad scientist. *** UPDATE May 31, 2023*** I hate to say it, but I am retired from Literotica as a writer, for the foreseeable future unless I can find something or someone wh...