All Comments on 'Welcome to America'

by storytyme

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

This was really good, I hope you post more of this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
please check your spelling

heels, not heals

redlion75redlion75over 9 years ago

why would a jewish family stay with a hindu family and not another jewish family? why would the girl read an Arabic to English dictionary and not a Hebrew to English one? just these things alone made me skip the rest.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Doesn't make sense...

As above, the plot doesn't make sense.

Jewish "refugees" from Israel, moving to America with nothing? Why are they staying with an Indian family; why an Arabic - English dictionary; English is pretty commonly spoken in Israel too.

Were you thinking of perhaps the Palestinian or Arab perspective and got confused?

storytymestorytymeover 9 years agoAuthor

Redlion75 and Anonymous, thank you for your comments. Thank you for your opinion of my story "Coming to America".

I think you are overthinking the semantics of the story. And if you do your research you will see that my facts as far as language spoken and ethnicity are present in the countries of the story. As far as who they stay with, I am not sure why it would matter as it was explained in the story why the Jewish family stayed with a Hindu family.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Get real!

Look, you goofy critics, if you want to hash out the nonfiction in a fiction story; go to goodreads. This story was so hot it hurt. Go away!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous