All Comments on 'Worth the Effort Ch. 03'

by PennLady

Sort by:
  • 15 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Another great chapter!

5

coloradoexilecoloradoexileover 3 years ago

So glad to see you back @PennLady! Great story so far even if there is no hockey involved.

dwoelfledwoelfleover 3 years ago

Excellent again. You have created some real and wonderful characters here. Looking forward to reading more.

RABSTARABSTAover 3 years ago
I've missed you while you were gone.

This story is interesting. I'm not sure where it's going or where it will end up, but I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. I usually don't rate parts of a story until I get to the end, but I gave this one a 5 so far.

RRC2RRC2over 3 years ago

This is my first story by this author and I've already made the author a favorite. Good writing, good story. Fascinating characters.

THANKS

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Characters you end up caring about

Not that I did at the begining but seeing you post again thought I'd invest a little time seeing how I had enjoyed your stories before about people with slightly unusual backgrounds. Thanks for the prompt postings of chapters so readers don't lose the story line or the players characteristics. And thanks for returing here.

Sidney43Sidney43over 3 years ago

It's been a long time since you graced these virtual pages, too long. Your characters are very well drawn and it's not hard to figure out who to like and who to..... ah maybe pity, for lack of a better word. This is quite a departure from what I remember of your earlier stories. Shane is not a hockey player, although maybe we will find out he played as a young man? Clearly a lot of messaging about tolerance in this story and that is a new topic also I think. Looking forward to more chapters, all of these have been fives thus far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The siblings...

I understand how Morgan feels as my sister used to do the same to me. I'm an easygoing person most of the time and she understood that she could manipulate, cajole, harass and sometimes, plain threaten me and have her way. And, she wanted everything.

One day, I just had enough and when she started in on me - degrading and insulting me to soften me up for something (I don't remember what), I just let her have it and by the time I was done, she was bleeding and needed to go to ER to get the wound on temple stitched - she ended up getting 11 stitches. And, when she returned from the ER, I let her know quietly that if she thought she could go on, then I was game and the next time, I wouldn't stop.

It's been damn near 12 years since that incident and she's kept her distance. It hurts me - she's my baby sister and my only sibling but, I had to preserve my sanity.

I used to give in because of my parents, specially my mother. But, I just had to do it.

I think Morgan needs to toughen up a little bit and give Brianna what she deserves. But, hey! It's just an opinion.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My 2 cents

You have me hooked. I enjoy reading this story. I enjoy your characters and the way you get them together. Please continue. 5 stars. Thanks for your time and your imagination.

LitCritLitCritover 3 years ago
Looking Forward to Chapter 4

Nice character development, a little slow getting into the love interest, but that's OK. Brianna DEFINATELY needs to be taken down a couple of pegs, but I figure that's coming somewhere relatively soon. Evan could stand to develop a spine, too or we've got another really sad marriage developing. But enough backseat driving - this is my first time with one of your stories - I'll check out some of the others while waiting for the next chapter. Thanks!

racfguyracfguyover 3 years ago

I'm really trying to like this story, but I'm having a tough time with it.

Breanna is an absolute spoiled BITCH. I hope someone steps up and puts her out of OUR misery.

Seriously can't say whether I'll return if/when another chapter appears.

A_BierceA_Bierceover 3 years ago

Thank you so much

for the gift of a tale of people we come to know and care about. We are in your debt.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 3 years ago

I love the idea of authors around here making inclusive choices not only with their characters but also their story lines. I really look forward to reading more of this story. Thank you.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightover 3 years ago
It's great that you are posting again.

Literotica is a much better place with your contributions. Thanks for that and all the effort you have put into your writing for us readers.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 2 years ago

Good story so far, tbh I like Morgan & Casey the way the they’re written more than any of the other characters, everyone else seems spineless (maybe not the Dad so much), but readers, Brianna is what happens when “Daddies little Princess” grow up completely unchecked, my own Son has standing orders to (1) never trust a driver wearing a hat in a car, and (2) Never ever date a girl that was a Daddy Little Princess. You may laugh, but spoiled children make terrible life partners.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPennLady@PennLady
7/5/21: My story "Altering the Plans" has started posting. Content warning: this story features a main character who leaves an abusive relationship, and whose ex engages in harassment post breakup. I would characterize it, in terms of storytelling, as "mild", although I realiz...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES