All Comments on 'Write 'Em Cowboy'

by Bay2Sound

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
Mike9947Mike9947about 2 months ago

Excellent .

Don’t think I have ever read a better first story,

Seeker81Seeker81about 2 months ago

Very enjoyable. Dialogue was hilarious. Had to check the dictionary for a couple of words.

Davester37Davester37about 2 months ago

Congratulations on your collaboration. It’s wonderful! Sweet, predictable romances with happy endings are fairly common here, but yours is unusually well-written with likable, interesting characters, and it has the added element of great humor. It’s witty and fun from the title through to the end!

Thank you for writing and thank you for sharing your work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I frankly loved it, gave it five stars, looked for six but seemed to be missing. You made me laugh, frequently, which is something really nice to start my morning off and that is before coffee. If you are serious about more writings that develop the characters introduced here, I will happily read about them.

HookeyeHookeyeabout 2 months ago

Loved it! Made me laugh and cry. Intricate, yet credible plot that runs without a hitch. Brilliant and humorous conversations. Thank you both!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Thanks it was a great read hope you do more on here

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Very nice story you two!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago
Love dude ranch Romances

I haven't had a good laugh in a long time. Wonderful banter and

Didn't have to go through endless sex scenes.

Really loved it !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Less than a page in, I thought, “MsCherylTerra, is that you?”

Really fun story. The crackling dialog makes for an enjoyable read. This is a good start to the collab. More, please.

Caldwel2Caldwel2about 2 months ago

Solid 5. Among the best that have been posted on this site. I look forward to more from this collaboration.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You had me at "boner adjacent". That's one of the best stories I've read here, and I've never made that statement in a comment before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Great sense of humor and look forward to some more "chain yanking".

Thanks

Eir1kurEir1kurabout 2 months ago

Superb! Congratulations! I hope to see further collaborations.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

All the usual buzz words for props! Hooked me from the beginning, friends doing shooters have been my downfall once or twice... I second all the comments about the dialog. I've known women who were so superlative in their vocabulary that I'd simply stop saying anything for hours to listen. Not that they spoke for hours, I was simply mesmerized for hours. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Really enjoyable. I laughed a lot!

SeaReaderSeaReaderabout 2 months ago

A really fun read!! Characters with spines and hearts, great sparks, but not interminable enmity, thank you very much. A real treat. More please!!

SteinermanSteinermanabout 2 months ago

One word - FABULOUS!! I loved it. Please, can we have more? I laughed my ass off at those two

stewartbstewartbabout 2 months ago

MY God ! This was how the west should really have been won! Great story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A truly wonderful story ! Please, please continue writing ! You are an inspiration !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Fabulous! I look forward to many more from you because this was simply superb. Keep up the great work.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Hard to believe this is your first story. In my opinion, this is a great story, well written, and a unique plot. Hope you keep writing. 5⭐

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Fantastic..... can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

I started reading with no idea where the story would lead. It was fantastic! You had me laughing out loud from the beginning to the end. A little humor livens up the bedroom. 5 stars +++

G5902G5902about 1 month ago

Outstanding!!! Looking forward to seeing more!

MaximillianMeenMaximillianMeenabout 1 month ago

Thanks guys (Please note sarcasm)! My foreseeable future is going to be tied up in reading your entire catalogue of stories. I discovered this story under the (new) Romance category, and found it utterly entrancing. Excellent writing, novel storyline, and a extraordinary dialogue. Evidently the experience of the 2 of you collaborating factored into the realistic parallel in the story. Then I went to your author pages and read a story from each, staying up most of the night. They were such good reads that I committed myself to reading all the rest of your catalogue. I am now following your collaborative and individual efforts. Kudos to the both of you and I'm looking forward to catching up with your writing, and enjoying future efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

FAN FUCKING TASTIC!!!!!

MORE, MORE, MORE,

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

Be Well and Happy,

Paul

secretsauce65secretsauce65about 1 month ago

Loved the character development and the language here. Amazing work! 5 stars!

BulldogfortyfourBulldogfortyfourabout 1 month ago

It’s a shame that we are limited to five stars. That was a hell of a ride. Loved the characters and their development while chuckling through my entire read. Thank you for a great story.

🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Such a beautiful story 💝💝

DirtKnomerDirtKnomerabout 1 month ago

O.K. That was fun. Still laughing at some of the dialog. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Absolutely fantastic. Thank you

Looking forward to another story!

MaximillianMeenMaximillianMeenabout 1 month ago

See comment from 4 days ago, setting me upon my journey. Finished up all your individual stories yesterday. Well worth the effort for anyone else who wants to be entertained by good exposition, good dialogue, and (more than occasional) good insights. Looking forward to your individual and combined efforts.

DrizdartDrizdartabout 1 month ago

Loved this collaboration. Delightful writing, with the meta-element of "how to write a romance."

Given the name of the collaboration, I'm hoping you will feel inspired to go to sea or at least on a boat -- perhaps sending up one of the classics, or one of the "top 15 beach romance novels."

Mr_Dx3Mr_Dx3about 1 month ago

Absolutely awesome !! Never a slow moment and perfet timing between the two......Awaiting the next and the next and the next....

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 month ago

Wonderful couple!

5

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

What a great story! Looking forward to reading more of your work.

PurplefizzPurplefizzabout 1 month ago

It’s a while since I’ve enjoyed a story so much, the characters, vocabulary and verbal reparteé, along with the hidden and not so hidden wit you’ve incorporated into it, I can only hope you two laughed as much writing this as I did reading it!

Many thanks for getting together for this, fingers crossed you both enjoyed writing it as much as I did reading it. Regards, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Wow! What a delightfully funny story, You two have a gift. More please.

juan2forkjuan2fork26 days ago

As good as anything I've read here!

Bronco56Bronco5624 days ago

Fantastic collaboration. Delightful story. Full of fun and romance. 5stars

A_BierceA_Bierce24 days ago

The first time I read this I made a mental note to come back after dinner and comment. After finishing this second read, I remembered that mental notes aren't worth the paper they're written on. Now on to your second opus.

A_BierceA_Bierce24 days ago

Harry McMurtry? Hmmm. Might he have grown up on a ranch called the Hat Creek Cattle Company? No, wait, he grew up in west Texas and the Hat Creek ranch was in south Texas. Dagnabbit! Wrong again.

EmotionalEmotional23 days ago

Great story, I really enjoyed it

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc21 days ago

Little awkward in a few places but a great adventure. 4.6*

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

This story had me with the correct use and conjugation of “lie.” A delightful romp.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

Heh, Harry McMurtry… brother or cousin to Larry? Enjoyed the play on the name as well as the play with the idea of a professional writer connecting with an amateur whose writing she likes. Good fun.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now10 days ago

Well done...

Except didn't know it was part 1 of a series!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBay2Sound@Bay2Sound
5/20/2024: Chapter 3, the final chapter of “Write of Passage” — the next story of Harry and Portia's adventure was just published. 4/25/2024: Our first submission is called "Write ‘Em Cowboy" and was just published moments ago. We hope you enjoy it. The offerings found on ...

SIMILAR Stories