Everything Happens for a Reason

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nehetome," said John.

"Then you know what to do," Mike replied.

"I'm coming with you and nobody is going to stop me this time," said Laurie.

"Would someone like to tell me what in the hell is going on?" I asked, confused.

"We're going to take Mo beyond Black Elk Pass to Weasel Canyon. It's going to take us four days to get there and we're gonna have to go through Grizzly country, so it's going to be a little bit tricky," said Laurie, grinning wildly.

"No! She means, dangerous, don't you, Laurie?" warned Julia.

I looked at Laurie worriedly and said, "If that's the case, then, I don't think you should...."

"You wait just a fucking minute, Tommy Mason," Laurie angrily interrupted.

"Laurie!" scolded Julia.

"My ass, Mom," spat Laurie, "I can ride, rope, and shoot better than anyone else here so, I'm going and that's final."

"I know you can, baby, but I just don't want to see you get hurt. That's all," pleaded Julia.

"I agree with her," I said, then looking directly at Laurie, I added, "While I love you more than anything in this world, what would I do if something were to happen to you?"

Laurie smiled and said, "I'll make a deal with you, Tommy."

"What kind of deal?" I asked, cautiously.

"You better watch out when it comes to making deals with her, Tommy," Mike knowingly said.

Laurie looked at father and said, "Be quiet, Dad, I'm serious," then she looked at me and continued, "If I can out shoot you, then I get to go."

"Honey, I was a professional. You can't out shoot me, I promise you," I replied, firmly.

"How much money do you have.....flat-lander?" Laurie asked, arrogantly.

"Laurie, don't do this baby," Julia warned.

Smiling at Julia and my mother, who had remained silent the whole time, Laurie said, "Bull shit! If he's going to be married to me then, he's gonna have to learn how to put up or shut up." This evoked laughter from both Mike and John, while Laurie looked at me defiantly.

"Okay, I'll bite. I've got three hundred dollars that says you can't out shoot me, little girl" I cockily stated, like I used to when we were children.

Laurie walked up to me and, putting her arms around my waist, kissed me and then said, "You're about to lose your money, smart ass."

"We'll see, won't we?" I replied, gently swatting her on the butt.

Twenty minutes later, we were in the south pasture on what appeared to be a shooting range. Actually, we were in a part of the pasture with many targets that had been stapled to pieces of plywood, and then each one nailed to fence posts and set at varying and different ranges (distances). Pointing at the farthest target out, Laurie smiled and said, "That farthest target is a thousand yards away. We take three shots each and whoever gets the most bulls' eyes, wins, deal?"

"What kind of weapon are we using?" I asked.

"Dad?" said Laurie, to Mike who produced a Remington 30.06 with an 8x Uneartl Scope mounted atop of it, from the rear window rack of his truck.

I was pleasantly surprised because this was one three rifles that I had become more than proficient and actually qualified expert with when I was in the Navy. I smiled at Laurie and cockily said, "If we're going to use this particular weapon then I suggest that you best be prepared to stay your pretty little ass at home while John and I take Mo to Weasel Canyon."

Handing me the rifle and an ammunition clip with three rounds in it, Laurie laughed and said, "Yeah, right, put your money where your mouth is, shit head," and then leaned over and kissed me on the lips and added, "Good luck, baby and I really mean that."

Winking at her, I grinned stupidly and said, "Luck is not a factor. Watch this!"

I popped in the clip, chambered a round and then after putting the safety on; I layed down on the ground, making sure that I was comfortable and secure. After releasing the safety, Laurie raised and peered through a pair of binoculars as I took aim. After drawing a deep breath and slowly releasing it, I fired. I saw the round hit the target through the scope. It was a dead center bull's eye!" Knowing that I'd hit the mark, I looked back at Laurie and raised my right eyebrow and grinned arrogantly.

"We said three shots and that's only one so, don't get too excited, Buffalo Bill," Laurie cockily said, making everyone, my mother included, laugh wildly.

"Yeah, yeah, we'll see," I snorted. After that, I chambered another round and did an exact repeat of my last shot, nailing the bull's eye dead center. Then I pulled back the bolt, opening the breech of the weapon and stood up. I handed the weapon to Laurie and began to stretch my body, twisting and turning at the waist.

"What're you doing?" demanded Laurie.

"I'm just taking a quick pause before I send your pretty little butt back to the house," I replied, eliciting a snicker from both Mike and John.

"Hmph! We'll see, fucker," Laurie snorted, glaring at me indignantly.

"Laurie!" scolded Julia, again.

Laurie said nothing as I took the weapon from her and layed back down. I pushed the bolt forward, closing the breech and chambering the final round of ammunition. After taking aim, I did exactly as before. However; when I fired this time, something didn't feel right. I was looking through the scope when the round hit the target and, while I still hit well within the bull's eye, I was still not dead center like the two previous shots. But, I was still confident that I would win this little 'contest' that my beautiful Laurie had challenged me to.

As I policed the expended brass, John took off down range to retrieve the target to replace it with a new one. As we waited, Laurie looked at me, and with her arms crossed said, "That wasn't bad but, I haven't taken my shots yet,"

I just laughed and shook my head then reached over and kissed her lips, saying, "You're a cocky wench but, I still love you, baby," then lightly smacked her on the butt.

This time Julia and Mom were the ones snickering, further infuriating Laurie who said, "Who the fuck are you calling a wench, you dickhead?"

"That's enough of that language, young lady," scolded Julia, more firmly this time.

Right about then, John pulled up in his pick up and, before the engine had been completely shut off, hopped out of the truck and retrieved the target from my shots from its bed. Grinning wildly, he handed the target to me and said, "Nice shooting, Tom."

Laurie looked over my shoulder at the target and said, "Is that the best you can do?" I began to laugh and before I could regain my breath to say anything; Laurie fired off three shots in rapid succession, making me swiftly turn my head to the target down range. As John went back to retrieve Laurie's target, she looked at me and confidently said. "You just got your ass kicked...flat lander,"

"We'll see," I teased.

Laurie smiled and leaned over, gave me a very tender kiss on the lips, and then sweetly replied, "That was to make sure there's no hard feelings when you get beat, sweetie."

A few seconds later, John was standing before us with Laurie's target in hand and laughing like a court jester. At the very middle of the bull's eye, dead center, were three perfect holes that made a pattern no bigger than the size of a dime. I took one look at the target and said, "I'll be damned."

Laurie laughed wildly because I knew that I'd been beat, and in total amazement, I asked, "How did you do that?"

Throwing her arms around me and hugging me tightly, she kissed me and then teasingly purred, "Maybe I'll show you after we're married, baby."

With my arms still around her, I laughed, and smacking her on the butt again, said, "Smart assed hill-billy."

"Yeah, but you still love me, don't ya?" she playfully teased.

"You know I do," I replied, and then gave her a gentle, tender kiss upon her soft lips.

Then John spoke up and said, "You two need to take it easy for the rest of the day and get a good night's sleep, because we're leaving before daybreak.

Before we left to go back to the house, Laurie looked at me and said, "Oh, there's one more thing we need to take care of before we leave."

"What's that?" I asked.

Laurie began to laugh and said, "You owe me three hundred dollars."

That afternoon Laurie and I did nothing more than to just relax, enjoying one another's company. We decided to lie down and take a nap before supper that evening and the moment we were upstairs in what was now considered "our bedroom"; Laurie giggled impishly and said, "Do you believe in the hereafter?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked, cautiously.

"Good, then you know what I'm here after," she replied, laughing as she began to peel her clothing from her body.

"Baby, while I love you more than life itself; you should keep in mind our parents are right downstairs." I said, grinning mischievously.

"So!" she replied, pulling her shirt over her head.

"So, what if they hear us?" I asked, worriedly. By this time she had completely taken off all her clothes and stood before me stark naked and I realized that resistance on my part would be futile. So, as opposed to waiting for an answer, I simply sighed in defeat and said, "Aw hell!"

Laurie took off my shirt, and after pressing her bare breasts against my chest, she pressed her cheek to mine and into my ear whispered, "I love you so much, baby. Make love to me, Tom!" Needless to say, the clothing that remained on my body was gone in a flash and piled in the floor next hers. I layed her down on the bed and, as we began to make love, I realized that we would be eternally bound together, heart, mind, body and soul and the last remnants of all the pain I once felt would be forever gone. I loved Laurie with every fiber of my being now and as we reached our climaxes together, everything became clear to me that she and I were now truly and eternally part of one another. I felt the wetness of her warm tight pussy wrapping itself around my cock becoming ever tighter, if that was possible. The look in her eyes was beyond love and passion, more like a primal lust and I knew that she now and would forever own me. "Oh God, Tommy, I'm cumming, I'm cumming so hard," she softly groaned, her nails digging into my shoulders as I layed atop her. All too soon I began to feel the familiar tingle that signaled the onslaught of my orgasm and I looked into her beautiful blue eyes as my cock erupted, shooting rope after rope of scalding sperm deep within her. I bathed in the orgasmic bliss as it swept over me with every thrust I made into this beautiful woman that I loved more than life itself.

As we layed together, basking in the afterglow of our love making Laurie turned to me and layed her head on my chest while draping her arm across my chest and softly whispered, "I love you, Tommy Mason!"

"I love you, too," I replied, smiling while I ran my hand over her hip and down to her ass.

"Mmm," purred Laurie, as she ran her palm around my back, pulling me against her while she pressed her naked tits against my bare chest.

The moment I looked into her eyes my cock began to rise again making me realize that I would never be able to resist her or deny her anything she asked of me ever again.

Feeling my cock stirring, Laurie reached down and began to stroke it and said, "We've already made love. Now I want you to get on top of me and fuck me real good, Tommy. Besides; I absolutely love the way this cock fills up my hot little pussy!"

Hearing her talking dirty had me ready to cum right then and there and I told her, "Baby, if you keep stroking my cock the way you're doing now, you'll have me cumming before I can even get it inside of you!"

I climbed between her legs and without hesitation; I slowly entered her causing her eyes to roll to the back of her head and groan, "Oh God! That feels so good. Yes, Yes, Yes. That's it Tommy. Do it, baby! Give it to me! Oh God, Yes! Yes! Yes!" We began to move faster, and with every stroke, as well as at the top of her lungs, Laurie began to wail, "OH TOMMY, YEESSSS! I'M CUUUUMMMMING, GOD YES I'M CUMMING!"

After her orgasm had passed, I began to laugh softly and said, "Shhh! Your parents and my Mom are right downstairs and by now I'm sure they know what we're doing up here."

With my cock still deeply rooted inside her, Laurie smiled at me and with a dreamy tone of voice replied, "Mmm! Fuck em! It's not like my parents or yours never fucked. How do you think we got here, baby?"

"Yeah but I'm pretty sure that they didn't announce it to the world either," I replied still laughing.

Laurie giggled, and after slapping me on the ass, said, "Shut up and finish fucking me because you know how much I like it when you make me all warm inside, baby." With that said I obeyed her order, and just as I began to move in and out of her, she leaned up to my ear and whispered, "Deirdre and Emma used to fuck me with their strap-on, but it never felt this good, baby!"

Just the thought of seeing Laurie having sex with her beautiful friends was all it took to send me right over the edge, making groan, "Oh my God, baby! Here it comes!"

"That's it, gimme all that cum, Baby! Ooo yeah, fuck me with that big, beautiful cock. I love you so much, Tommy," Laurie erotically breathed into my ear. I groaned as I deposited a second scalding hot load of sperm deep within her insides. We layed there for a moment to catch our breath, me still inside her with her legs wrapped around mine. I rolled to the side of Laurie keeping us closely pressed together, and as I began to catch my breath I also began to laugh. "What's so funny?" she asked.

"Did you really get fucked by Emma and Deirdre with a strap-on?" I asked.

"No, but we did masturbate together a few times, Tommy," she replied, unmoving, but still with a delightfully nasty little smile on her face.

"What am I gonna do with you?" I asked, shaking my head.

"Come with me," she said, separating from me while rising from the bed and taking my hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked, grinning suggestively.

Laurie shook her head laughing and replied, "We're going to get dressed, my beautiful lover, and go downstairs." Then she smiled and pressed her naked body against mine and added, "I don't know about you, but after the afternoon we've had; I've worked up quite an appetite."

"It's about time you two came downstairs. I thought I was going to have to go up there and throw a bucket of water on you just to get you to take a break," said Julia, eliciting a cacophony of laughter from both her and Mom.

"I know," replied Laurie, wrapping her arms around my waist and kissing me on the cheek. Before anyone else had the chance to respond, she added, "I don't know who taught him how, but he makes love like a tiger, Mmm." By this time my face looked like a bright red stop light in the middle of a busy intersection.

"Lighten up, Tommy. We're only teasing you, sweetie," said Julia.

"He's blushing because he knows he's been caught being naughty, Jules," laughed my mother, making the rest of the female company in the room roar with laughter.

I awoke at three o'clock the next morning with Laurie still asleep, her body pressed closely against me, her head lying on my chest and her arms wrapped tightly around me. I loved watching her sleep, for in that moment, I rediscovered the little girl I fell in love with so many years ago. In the next few seconds, her eyes fluttered open, and as she woke; the first thing she did was kiss my lips and say, "Good morning, baby!"

"Good morning," I softly replied, brushing her hair from off of her face, "How did you sleep?"

"Mmmm, I slept good, especially lying next to you," she purred, as she began to rub her body against mine. We made gentle tender love that morning, clinging only to one another, now eternally bound together.

Chapter Eleven

Weasel Canyon is part of the Oxbow, and according to John Kettle; Black Elk pass empties into a part of that area that has rarely, if ever, seen the footprints of mankind. However, Black Elk pass is very narrow and very dangerous, and because its trails are comprised mostly of loose shale; one wrong step could send you over the edge and into the abyss of the high mountainous terrain.

At four o'clock that morning, John, Laurie and I were all packed, prepped and had our horses saddled. I could tell that Mo was feeling the same apprehension that I was, because the moment I led him out of the stables, I saw the same look of fear in his face that I was trying to hide in mine. "Easy boy, it's gonna be alright, fella," I said, trying to soothe him.

Once we were mounted, John led us north into the high pastures that existed two thousand feet above sea level. By the time the sun was high in the sky, almost noon, we still hadn't reached the pastures. Until then we had all been fairly silent, until, with a grin on his face, John looked at Laurie and said, "I understand that the two of you are engaged to be married."

"That's right, we are," said Laurie, grinning from ear-to-ear.

He pointed at me, and with a tender smile, told her, "Because you are going to belong to my brother, you are no longer a Ka'eskone (child). You are a now a He'e (woman), soon to be my sister. That makes me happy, little one."

"That really means a lot to me to hear you say that, John," replied Laurie smiling. Then she turned to look at me, and simply smiling, said nothing. In the years that followed, we found that we needed only to look at one another to know what we each were feeling.

We rode for another thirty minutes until we rounded a bend to find a clear stream flowing across our path. "Let us stop here and water the horses," John said. I hadn't really noticed until now, that Mo was back to his old self again and seemingly, a little more relaxed. I guess returning to the wilderness again after staying with us must've brought him some kind of peace. At least, that's how I saw it.

While the horses were drinking, Laurie smiled at me and said, "Isn't it beautiful out here, baby?"

As I put my arms around her, I took a deep breath of the fresh mountain air, and then said, "It sure is, but even moreso with you out here." Before Laurie could reply, I was suddenly overcome by a dark feeling that something wasn't right.

I looked over at John telling me, "I feel it, too, my brother. Come, let's get back on our horses and leave this place."

We mounted our horses and taking Mo's reins, I layed them over my saddle horn and then led him away, uneasily following behind John and Laurie. I will say this though, the view of Laurie's ass in the saddle is, to this day, really something to see, Mmm! Anyway, as we were leaving the area, I heard a very loud growl behind me that sounded like it came from something very big.

I turned around to find the biggest Grizzly Bear I've ever seen bounding toward us on all fours at top speed. Jessi suddenly became spooked, and as she unexpectedly rose up on her hind legs; I was caught off-guard and went tumbling backwards off of her and fell, abruptly onto the ground, stunned. The last thing I remember was watching the Grizzly as he swiftly narrowed the distance between him and me, and then just as he came close enough and had pounced on me, I felt my stomach and chest burning like I was on fire, and then everything went black.

I opened my eyes to find myself in Laurie's arms with her screaming my name, terrified. "Hey, hey, what's wrong, darlin?" I croaked, the front of my shirt soaked in my own blood.

"You're alive, Oh Tommy, baby you're alive, oh my God, thank you, Lord" she wept over and over, holding me like her life was dependent upon it.

After I managed to calm her down, bless her heart, Laurie helped me sit up. I looked around to find a dead Grizzly bear laying not six feet from me to my right. All of a sudden I felt the gentle nuzzle of someone behind me. Before I could turn my head, Mo had already layed his head against my body, emitting a low pitched whinny, while swishing his tail. I literally felt the love radiating from his heart into mine, and in that one brief and beautiful moment, I became one with Mo. "Hi, Buddy, how are ya, huh?" I said, as I scratched his head. Suddenly, the burning sensation in my torso stopped. "What the hell?" I said apprehensively.