All Comments on 'My Voyage of Discovery Ch. 04'

by Thors_Fist

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I Like Lynn

I have been a Republican for over 50 years and always voted that way until 2016 and 2020!

dirtywhiteboy67dirtywhiteboy67over 3 years ago
No politics

I was absolutely loving this chapter, even more than the last few, right up until Lynn began spouting her politics. Whether you or I or any of your other readers agree or disagree with Lynn doesn't matter. We are bombarded with politics all the time in our real lives. When I read your stories I want to loose myself temporarily in the fantasy. Please leave politics out of the story.

Thank you

KalavoKalavoover 3 years ago

I have been enjoying this Beth series immensely. Good characters and good plot keeping me wanting more! I especially liked the political rant in this one as it was pretty spot on. Keep up the good work as I look forward to the next installment!

cyberphotocyberphotoover 3 years ago

That is great Beth figured out that Miranda is a submissive and now one of Joshua slaves, but how does any of this fix the or deal with the relationship between Beth and Joshua, and nothing was even said from Joshua about the punishment that Beth received in the last chapter. Now Lynn is aboard the ship so wonder how that complicates things and Lynn didn't even say hello Beth, not one word was said from Lynn to Beth.

FriskyMindFriskyMindover 3 years ago

Personally I was smirking as I read your Trump comments. Couldn’t agree more, but I know if you were being supportive of Trump, it might’ve ruined the whole story for me. As always, your story...your decision...

I’m happy to see Miranda join the submissive rank. Since Joshua seems to already have feelings for her, hopefully she can stay with him when Beths year ends and she can go elsewhere. Maybe the ship can stop in Cali. and they go to a bdsm convention and run into Brianna and co. Everyone gets invited to the ship, Beth meets Sam, Scott et al and ends up with (any) of them. I don’t care what Joshuas problem is. He’s old enough to recognize his demons and deal with them in healthier ways that don’t physically and mentally negatively affect those around him. At the very least, he should realize when he went too far.

If a dominant ever offered me the services of his submissive female slave, I’d need to know if she enjoyed women or only did it because she was ordered to. Casual sex is one thing, but to have a straight woman go down on me who actively disliked it would be a total turn off. At least Beth seems to have developed an appreciation for women. Miranda’s attitude sucks. She and Joshua should get along just fine.

Lynn should make things interesting. Looking forward to the possible plot twists and turns that could be coming up !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Kind of disappointed

I do agree with some of the points made by other readers. For me this chapter threw any semblance of realism right out of the window. From Joshua’s callous bastard attitude and ongoing avoidance of Beth’s, then there’s Beth’s very unrealistic perpetual optimism, her absence of sub drop or her ability to function on virtually no sleep, Miranda’s immediate plunge into 24/7 slavery right through to Lynn ignoring Beth.

Obviously for the purposes of a fantasy story Miranda embraced sexual slavery whereas in reality what someone in her position is likely to accept is the privacy of sexual slavery it probably even sounds outrageous to the die hard dominant Master : Slave advocates but I think that in reality she would want to keep her submission between herself and her sexual partner. Instead she’s in at the deep end being a full on 24/7 slave. As a politician there is a higher risk that someone on the crew or a guest will ‘out’ her. There’s nothing inherently wrong with either approach, after all the most important point is that you should do what you’re comfortable doing, still it doesn’t have to be all or nothing.

Even as a Brit I agree with the comments about Trump but I also agree that politics should have no place in erotica. Lynn’s comment about handling Miranda immediately rang warning bells for me, she’s a dominant in training and so far she has incredibly limited knowledge.

Why is it suddenly such a revelation that people in high stress demanding jobs may have leanings towards being sexually submissive? Obviously it’s not an absolute rule, but I thought this kind of logic was common knowledge? I’m still surprised that Beth wants to carry on being Joshua’s slave, for me as a sexual submissive the purpose is mutually beneficial pleasure between me and my Dom. The how it’s achieved is the BDSM aspect. If the slave doesn’t receive that fulfilment then what’s the point? It drops off the pleasure spectrum into real life slavery where the slave has no free will.

As ever your work is incredibly well written and presented, it’s been a long time since I’ve given anything other than 5 stars. Thanks you for writing and sharing your stories. Looking forward to reading more.

Regards, Tess (UK)

ps and don’t I feel silly for mixing up the names of Miranda and Hannah.

Spadassin1968Spadassin1968over 3 years ago
My voyage of discovery ch.4 .

It’s getting better and better after each chapters and Beth research prove how accurate and precise it can be . Thank you for posting your fantastic work, i really love it .

Cindy1001Cindy1001over 3 years ago

It is good for the story - which is invariably top notch - but it would be unethical academically speaking to share very personal test results which are given for research purposes, with others than co-researchers.

cyberphotocyberphotoover 3 years ago

After reading and agreeing with some of the other points other readers have pointed out. It almost like Joshua is not even treating Beth as a person other then a body and his slave, her former Mistress Layton always have treated her as a person and still cares more about her then Joshua ever have cared about her, even sent Beth an email apologizing but Beth told her not be concerned because Joshua basically ordered her not to talk to anyone about anything anymore. This going to be a really long year for Beth and it going to change her life totally and not for the better. I totally understand Beth sign up for her research so she can get her PHD, but that doesn't mean she shouldn't be treated like a person.

MbC56MbC56over 3 years ago

I started at the beginning of the series yesterday and have read straight through. I don't like the unresolved issues btwn Joshua/Beth and now to throw Miranda into the mix will/can move their attention to her needs as a new sub, instead of working on their own relationship. Also Lynn's response to Miranda was inappropriate as a Dom.

I have absolutely loved this story, the writing is so well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I loved all your stories until you brought politics into it. Half of the country thinks the other half are assholes. Looking for an escape here not to be reminded how crooked a certain party is

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What?

If you want to do politics go to Twitter you fool

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Lynn's attitude towards Miranda would get her black balled from any d/s or poly situation, and the politics thing is just plain sad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I have read most of your stories, and enjoy them. I have ignored the little political jabs you have taken in the past. This one was so over the top it has discouraged me immensely from reading more of your submissions. I don’t come here to be reminded of the state of this country’s politics, and find it sad you have to throw that little nugget of hate into your story. It had no affect except to bring out the hate from Lynn, a supporter of the “tolerant” party.

Ravey19Ravey19over 2 years ago

Sadly, I didn't enjoy you bringing current politics into the story. I was looking forward to Lynn becoming part of the story but her diatribe on Trump and complete disregard for Beth who was instrumental in bringing her into this life were extremely disappointing. Also Joshua's general disregard for Beth even though he knows she has issues. Miranda's submission is so total and her being treated like his other slave (s) it may be a big risk given her position as a congresswoman.

The writing is superb and the story just kept rolling on. 5⛤

Steve150177Steve150177over 2 years ago

In the sentence, "A weeks time should do it," it should have been 'week's.

The sentence can also be a week of time, so you use the possessive form of week.

If it was 2 weeks' time, you use the plural possessive form.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The whole concept is getting too far out there

there is no way to provide the level of privacy Joshua keeps stating. the NDAs he keeps crowing about are a civil issue, not ancriminal one. it's not like they are seling government secrets, it is a private civil issue. they get surd if they talk. In a case like Beth, what would someone get, some cash, clothes and an old car? WTF, who cares.

He could try to attach her future earnings, but the counter allegations would be interesting in open court. No agreement or plea deal, just hash it out in open court.

not sure Josh would want that.

Top that off with so many crew with dual citisenship or from other countries, and it becomes impossible to enforce. Even his own crew could, provided they are willing to quit and give up a good paying job, simply eturn to their country of origin and escape the reach of the US civil court and thus the NDA.

he wants total secrecy, promises it to others, and then acts like a child showing off a new toy to anyone willing to watch for 5 minutes.

unfortunatley for a main character, he is getting dumber by the minute.

The best thing out of this would be if he becomes obsessed with Mirands and just gives Beth to the new wanabe Domme.

the story is very well written, but getting harder to enjoy

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It seems to me that Joshua is trying to exert power onto others that hebdoesnt have.

He may be able to sugest or recomend to Lynn, but he doesnt own her. He can refuse to trail her, or ask her of his ship, but he doesnt control her life and sex.

He also seems to be ordering Angelique around quite a bit in spite of the fact that she is under Hanah's control and her wife. is Hanah just going to continue to let this jerk ordr her wife around to have sex with other and not even consult with her first.

talk about a complete lack of respect.

I hope Hannah has the balls to bring it up.

"Hey, my wife doesnt belong to you, you are overstepping."

reddbunnzreddbunnzover 2 years ago

Nothing so far has shown that Joshua deserves Beth. As I stated after reading the last chapter, Beth should have had a face to face discussion with him about dominant and submissive relationships are not a one way street. Or, she should return to Mistress Layton, who quite obviously appreciates Beth as a person first, and a sex slave second.

Thurston247Thurston247over 1 year ago

I've enjoy your all your writing so far. Definitely don't like Lynn's attitude about politics. Love to see her be the one punished for being rude, disrespectful and clueless on her comments and views! Not going to keep me from reading more though!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A great story line, as were those before. However, as so often, the poor (or lack of) editing lets your story down. Rafael was Employee of the day in Chapter 1 of this section so it's unlikely that Beth would have forgotten him so quickly! Apart from that, and repeated name errors, I love your plots.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

I thought you were a great writer until I got to the last paragraph on page 4...Now I think you're a STUPID FUCKING MARXIST!!!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

@ the previous Anon - so there's only two kinds of people, Trumpers and Stupid Fucking Marxists? Asshole.

Seems to me, as a Brit, that politicians - yours and ours - have forgotten that democracy works only if those in power remember that they work for the people who didn't vote for them as much as for those that did. Unless they remember that, we're all fucked.

5* every episode, thanks for sharing.

Dixon (UK)

jimvettejimvette4 months ago

It was a pretty good chapter until your ridiculous diatribe about the best President the Nation has ever had. It's obvious where you get your news and that you absorb the party line hook, line, and sinker.

While I am at it, why would you sail a powerboat past Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket under diesel power when it's probably a day of additional time and fuel? Turn to Starboard at Montauk and set a heading about 220 to the Delaware River or the ICW. Makes my wonder about the rest of your writing as "factual" as does the clearly partisan Trump rhetoric.

While I'm at it 2; Would you please refrain from referring to semen or seminal fluid as "sperm". It's like calling "Coke", "phosphoric acid", both are simply a component of a compound mixture. It distracts from the story for me since my brain has to register another error similar to an error not being edited out.

Again, I'm enjoying your work, but let's please keep the politics out of porn, thanks.

GoldustwingGoldustwing3 months ago

A good chapter, plenty of interesting interactions.

I have to say as an Aussie who believes in the importance of a strong democracy that I’m astounded at the ignorance and brainwashing that some of my fellow members display. Seriously how can anyone with a functioning brain believe that a person like Trump has anything to offer America. He is a dangerous man with no moral compass.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous