Maggie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Things really could have been better between them. How it had gotten to be like this Maggie wasn't really sure. She had perhaps let him know in no uncertain terms that she couldn't love him the way he'd wanted her to. Most likely, he was trying to punish her for that. But she'd given him all she could of herself, "everything but my heart" she said again repeating the words as a reminder.

Maggie could have walked away, could have remained at the boarding house for that matter. But she wasn't foolish enough to think she really had a head for business...yet. Nor that she'd be able to make it on her own without help. Unfortunately, it was a man's world at the moment. And she was merely a woman struggling to find herself. But she would. Given time she knew that she would.

#

They were married late the following afternoon by a Justice of the Peace in the grand hall of the Hotel. Maggie found herself amused as she stood by Jack's side greeting their guests. Most of the men leaning forward to steal a kiss from her, one or two actually reaching out to brush against her breasts with their hands. Obviously word had spread amongst the men of the lucky few who'd been invited to sample her treasures. Even the women Maggie found amusing as many of them with a perfunctory hug, and a kiss that never quite landed on her cheek walked by, congratulating Jack enthusiastically, briefly stopping to barely nod their heads at her in greeting as they passed. Only one seemed to stop in front of her as though intent on actually wanting to meet her.

"I'm Gladys," she said extending her hand. "Congratulations on your marriage," she offered sincerely, obviously unaware of the rumors already spreading like wildfire around the room.

"Jack? Would you excuse me for a minute?" Maggie asked. "There's someone here I want to talk to for a moment...Lucy's sister," she added not wanting him to become suspicious unnecessarily about anything. Jack smiled, broadly taking her hand to shake it.

"Lucy's sister huh? Well, well. It's nice to meet you. Lucy's really a great gal!" He added equally as sincere, becoming for a brief moment the old Jack that Maggie had once known, and actually cared about. "Sure sweetheart. You go on ahead and visit. I'm in need of a drink anyway," he said turning away heading off towards the open bar.

"There's so much to tell you. About your sister," Maggie said drawing Gladys aside. She seemed hesitant initially, pulling back from her almost standoffishly. Gladys certainly wasn't an attractive or even beautiful woman by any means, more like handsome if a term could be used to actually describe a woman. Which she was. Wearing her hair far shorter than what was fashionable with very little makeup, Gladys seemed almost masculine in a way though her sudden smile hinted at a femininity lying just below the surface.

"You really do know her? Know where she is?" Gladys asked, suddenly excited coming to understand that this wasn't some kind of a horrible joke. "It's been years since I've seen her," she added. "I didn't know if she was even alive."

"Well she is Gladys. And she wants to talk to you!" Maggie said smiling, happier inside than she had felt in weeks now. They sat themselves down at a quiet table in the corner. Maggie told her a little about Lucy, what she looked like now, what she was doing. Leaving out all the more private intimate memories, things that Lucy could decide for herself what to share, or what not to share with her sister, when they talked. Which Maggie now knew...they would.

#

With the war well underway, turning into what appeared would be a long arduous struggle of hardship, suffering as well as commitment, Jack began spending more and more time away from Maggie. Out of necessity rather than anything else, as the government contracts he's secured demanded his almost constant attention, Jack had been required to travel extensively, leaving Maggie alone in their home for long periods of time. He'd given her a small allowance, which she hardly if ever spent on herself. Maggie remained in contact with the Attorney who'd written up May's will, handling her estate. As such, she soon hired him to invest what little funds she could save, including a small meager portion of her profits from the boarding house, most of which she'd already forced Lucy into accepting as she did most of the work. Running the business and keeping things afloat, Maggie felt that Lucy deserved most of what she made far more than she did. Gradually, over time however, Maggie had increased her savings nearly doubling what she'd been left with from the estate as well as the meager investments that her Attorney carefully placed and watched over for her.

By late summer it appeared as though the United States would finally win this horrible war, though it was far from over. Life once again began to take on a much more cheery outlook with families taking picnics, even beginning to travel together, taking trips going places and needing places to stay when they got there.

Lucy had called her a few days before to tell her how crazy things had been of late. The boarding house was constantly full, and Lucy had finally had to hire additional help in order to get things done. All in all, things were looking up. With Jack away, not expected to return for several weeks this time, Maggie decided it was time to pay her old friend a visit. She'd saved enough for travel expenses, even going so far as to leave word with Jack's "sexretary" as she called her, knowing that it was she, and not Maggie who often traveled with him by his side. Telling her where she would be in the event Jack even wanted to reach her for some reason, Maggie left...excited and enthusiastic about seeing Lucy again after nearly a year.

Lucy met her at the train station, running up to her immediately hugging her and crying joyously as they saw one another for the first time in so many month's a part.

They spent nearly the entire night catching one another up on what had happened during their time a part. Maggie finally told Lucy how much Jack had changed, their farce of a marriage, as well as the difficulties she'd been living with, especially regarding all the men that Jack continually brought home with him for her to fuck and take care of sexually. Lucy had also confirmed that she'd spent nearly an entire week visiting with her sister Gladys. She'd come all the way out to see her on the pretense of visiting a friend. The subject of Lucy's family, the way her father felt about her still as strong as ever.

"Oh Maggie! I'm so sorry! I had no idea!" Lucy exclaimed, shocked, surprised, even angry as she thought of him, realizing everything Maggie had been going through because of it.

"Don't worry kiddo," Maggie said, emulating May as she spoke, which they both realized she had done, actually laughing about it. "I've nearly saved up enough that I'll be able to stand on my own two feet soon. When I do, I have it in writing that Jack will give me an uncontested divorce. When he does, I'll be free of him. Forever!"

With plenty of help to keep the place running smoothly, Lucy talked Maggie into driving into San Antonio with her to celebrate. "Maybe even go to dinner or see a movie!" Lucy had suggested. "Not only that," she said almost conspiratorially. "There's a lot of military guys in town recently too. Maybe you and I can convince a couple of them to take us out for dancing and drinks!"

Though the idea of a nice dinner, even a movie sounded good to her especially as it had been so long since she'd even seen one, the thought of going out with anyone, especially someone wearing a uniform was far less than entertaining. Still, she felt she owed it to Lucy. She'd already confessed to her earlier that it had actually been several month's since she'd gone to bed with anyone, working as hard as she had been, and without any real prospects boarding with her now, the idea of dancing, drinks was obviously something Maggie couldn't very well turn down and keep her friend from enjoying.

"Maybe we'll both find a good serviceman!" Lucy said implying the double entendre as she spoke. Maggie did enjoy a good laugh over that one. Something else she had missed doing. Laughing again. It was good to be home.

#

They had enjoyed a good movie as well as a nice dinner, now finding them selves strolling down the sidewalks of San Antonio being ogled by several men, many of which were wearing uniforms.

"Can we buy you ladies a drink?" Someone asked from behind them. Turning, Maggie wasn't at all surprised to see two fairly handsome men wearing Marine uniforms standing behind them having just stepped outside from the club they'd just passed. By the ribbons each was wearing just above the pockets on their jumpers, they'd been several places, most likely seeing quite a bit of action too.

"Sure!" Lucy said without bothering to look at Maggie to see if she was interested. "After all, wasn't that the reason they were really here for?" Maggie asked herself going along.

Allowing themselves to be escorted inside, they soon took up a rather large booth in a fairly darkened section. Giving the waitress their orders, the guys soon introduced themselves.

"Names Andrew James," the one closest to Maggie said, moving even closer to sit by her. Obviously she was "his" for the evening she thought as the other slightly younger looking man slid in next to Lucy. "Mine's Fred," he said introducing himself more to Lucy, effectively doing the same thing with her.

"Elizabeth," Maggie said using her formal name before Lucy could say anything, though Lucy did look towards her smiling in understanding that nobody really knew her by that name, or would call her that unless they knew her. "Lucy." Lucy said, snuggling up almost immediately next to Fred.

Several drinks later with as many dances, it became obvious that the boys were in hopes of pushing their luck.

"Don't suppose the two of you would consider getting a room?" Fred asked hopefully. This time Lucy did glance towards Maggie without responding first, seeking her approval. Maggie nodded her head somewhat reluctantly, doing so only because she'd seen how excited Lucy had become over the suggestion.

"But only one room though," Maggie said speaking up before Lucy could.

"We can do that!" Andrew stated, obviously surprised at their sudden good fortune. "Twin beds though ok?" he said nervously glancing over towards his buddy. Obviously, this was one contingency they hadn't thought completely through yet however.

"Twin beds are fine," Maggie told him seeing the look of relief in his face when she responded.

"Great! There's a motel just down the street from here," Andrew said. "I know it, as I used to live nearby here," he told them standing up. "And," he added excitedly, "We can stop by on our way there and pick up something to drink for inside the room."

"You ok with this?" Lucy whispered worriedly to Maggie the moment they stepped outside of the club.

"No worries kiddo. It's been a while, but I think I know how to have a good time," Maggie said winking at her. Andrew immediately placed his arm around Maggie's waist as Fred had done with Lucy. And together, the four of them walked the few short blocks towards the motel, stopping along the way to purchase a bottle of whisky, entering their motel room a short time after that.

The 'boys' stood around for a few moments appearing quite nervous and unsure as to who should make the next move. As late as it was, and as tired as she was Maggie decided that she would help hurry things along.

"Why don't you guys fix us all something to drink while Lucy and I make ourselves a little more comfortable?" she offered. Letting them off the hook from appearing any less experienced than they already were, they immediately spread out looking for glasses to make drinks with while Maggie stood, unashamedly removing her clothing, as did Lucy a moment or two later.

"Lights?" Fred asked as he stood there in his boxers trying to keep his obvious erection from worming it's way outside of them exposing himself.

"Lights," Maggie said in agreement, once again seeing his relief as he reached over shutting them off. In the near total darkness, Maggie felt Andrew stumble over towards the bed, removing his underwear as he did, slipping in beside her beneath the sheets. She was anxious to pretty much get things going, and over with when he touched her. He was trembling almost violently. Maggie smiled remembering a similar encounter.

"Are you a virgin?" she asked too quietly for anyone else to hear. "It's ok if you are, I'll teach you," she said just as quietly, suddenly no longer in such a hurry as she had been.

"Yes," she heard the simple answer confirming her suspicions.

"In that case, roll over onto your back, let me do all the work," she said softly.

For once she was glad that Lucy moaned and groaned as loudly as she did whenever she made love with anyone. It gave her a chance to gently talk to Andrew telling him what to do, and what not to do as she sat atop him riding his cock. She told him how good it felt, stroking his ego a little, and though it actually did feel good, Maggie wasn't interested in striving for her own enjoyments, wanting however to ensure that Andrew did. After all, a person's first time was meant to be memorable, even cherished just as hers had been.

"Oh yeah baby. That feel's really, really good," she told him cooing in his ear as she leaned over allowing him to lick and suck her breasts simultaneously. Maggie could sense when he became too excited, nearly losing it twice. She had stopped both times holding him still, soothing him to relax, to enjoy it...allowing the pleasure to subside a little before beginning again. Next to her, she could tell by Fred's rapidly escalating breathing that Lucy was having no such luck in calming her "serviceman" as she'd jokingly called him earlier. And as she also realized, Lucy was now straining just as fiercely to arrive at her own climax knowing full well there was no way she was going to stop Fred now from reaching his.

For the first time in her entire life, Maggie faked an orgasm. Doing so for Andrew's self confidence as a newly made man.

"Oh Baby! Oh Baby!" she screamed out drowning Lucy as well as Fred's moans. "I'm gonna cum honey...fuck me...fuck me....FUCK ME!" Maggie wailed at the top of her lungs, convulsing, shaking convincingly as she felt Andrew's prick erupting geyser after geyser of sperm into her womb. Only afterwards did Maggie even remotely worry about becoming pregnant, heading into the bathroom as quickly as she could to wash out as much of his semen from herself as was possible for her to do, returning a short time later with a smile on her face seeing a very pleased and pleasured one on Andrews face too.

"Wow Maggie. I don't think I've ever heard you cum quite that hard before!" Lucy had said teasingly, and more than just a little bit jealous as it had been obvious that she hadn't by the sounds of Fred's immediate grunting and groaning followed shortly after that by another soft moan from Lucy. One in which Maggie had heard far too often, a moan not of pleasure, but of frustration. She'd obviously not gotten there before Fred had.

"Maggie? I thought you said it was Elizabeth," Andrew said sitting up in bed drawing the sheet over himself shyly covering his nakedness. Maggie was still nude not at all uncomfortable parading around naked as she poured herself a glass of water taking a drink before answering.

"Well both actually," she said. "My friends call me Maggie," she explained now that the cat had been let out of the bag. Glancing towards Lucy, she saw her mouth the word "Sorry" at her. But she smiled, letting her know it was ok. No big deal.

"Have an Army buddy that says he used to know a woman named Maggie that lived pretty close by here," he said.

Maggie almost choked on the second gulp of water she'd taken. He'd said "have" present tense, not "had" past tense as he would have, should have, if his friend was no longer living.

"Oh really?" Maggie asked a small knot suddenly forming deep within the pit of her stomach.

"Yeah. She used to work at some boarding house he told me. Another woman ran the place, think he told me that her name was...."

"May!" Maggie said aloud, not even realizing that she had until Andrew responded back to her.

"Yeah! That's the name...May! How'd you know?" he asked suddenly.

"I'm that Maggie," she said simply sitting down on the side of the bed, the room suddenly beginning to spin around her as she fought for control, dreading the next question she was about to ask him but knowing she had to.

"What was his name? Your friend?" Maggie asked.

"William Benjamin Roberts," he told her. "But we all call him Lips."

Even Lucy was stunned by this revelation as everything unfolded in front of her too. "Maggie? Maggie?" She kept saying over and over. "It can't be...can it? He's dead isn't he?" she said turning to face Andrew who was staring at the two of them as though they were both crazy.

"Lips? Hell no he aint dead. Damn near...but no, he's not. Just saw him before coming home on leave," Andrew stated growing more and more confused by the moment. "Ran into him by accident at the hospital where he's still recuperating. Went in to have my wound looked at one last time to make sure it was healing properly." Andrew pointed out a still red slightly angry looking scar on his upper thigh. "Took one in the leg," he stated proudly. "Even got a medal for it...purple heart."

Maggie hadn't heard a single word he'd said beyond, "Just saw him before coming home on leave..."

Steeling herself, Maggie gathered her wits about her fighting the urge to throw up which she nearly had, twice.

"Andrew...tell me what happened to him. Everything, the full story. And don't leave ANYTHING out!" Her tone of voice told him she was deadly serious, and even as late as it was, he wasn't going anywhere until he did.

"It's a long story," he'd indicated. "Sort of bizarre in a way too, most people wouldn't even believe it to hear it," he said trying to beg off.

"Tell me anyway," Maggie said sternly. "Take as long as is necessary Andrew, because we're not going anywhere."

"Well, like I said. It was by accident really. I was heading down the hallway of the hospital when I saw them wheeling him out of the rehabilitation room where they work with the guys who've lost arms and legs...you know."

"No, I don't know," she said reminding him. "You mean he..."

"Yeah, had one of his legs blown off," Andrew said sounding rather indifferent about it. "Anyway, he sees me just when I see him, even turns his head away like he's trying to ignore me or something, trying to hide from me. But like I said, I know it him. Hey Lips! I called out. Long time no see buddy. What happened to you anyway?"

"And?" Maggie pressed.

"Well, so now that he knows that I know who he is, he lets me wheel him outside so we can talk and have a smoke together. Anyway, that's when he tells me what happened to him."

Andrew could see by the look on Maggie's face that she was growing impatient with him.

"Like I said, it's a long story, but if you want to hear it, let me tell it...my way. Would you mind fixing me a drink?" he asked quickly.

Maggie nearly jumped off the bed in order to do so; still naked, caring less that she was as she poured some whisky in a glass handing it to him while he continued.

"That morning seems a friend of his had a buddy who was stationed on board the Arizona. Problem was, he didn't have a pass to get off base with. Lips did. So he gave it to him to use so he could go over and visit his friend. Shortly after that, the Japanese attacked. Lips said that a bomb exploded near where he was standing, which is when he lost one of his legs, knocking him silly too. I guess he was in a coma or something for like nearly three month's. At first, nobody knew who he was; his dog tags had been ripped away by the force of the explosion so they had no way to identify him either. As far as the Army was concerned, he'd died aboard the Arizona, as they'd found the pass he'd given his friend, and they simply assumed from that, he was amongst the men who are still actually entombed inside the ship. I guess another bomb hit the records center, so that fucked everything else up too, which is another reason they've had such a difficult time trying to find out where everyone really was and who they really were. Even the guy who actually did die on the Arizona wasn't discovered until I told the doctor's about Lips."